Josh Allen Did Very Well

Grandy

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Become homer fans always think everything will work out homer way.

Somehow DC will kick Cousins to the curb, compensation free, with a bagful of poo sitting at QB behind him.  That makes sense!

Somehow no other team can POSSIBLY give Cousins a legit offer as a free Agent.  OF COURSE NOT!

Somehow Cousins will want to come play for one of the worst teams in the NFL, in the highest tax state in the NFL, with one of the worst Head Coach/Front Office combinations in the NFL, with some of the least talent in the NFL.  SURE HE WOULD!  WHY NOT!

Not sure how back to back 5 win seasons, a proven incompetent team administration, and a decade of perennial failure makes some so optimistic. 

Then again, maybe it's either be a massive homer or jump off the nearest bridge, and we definitely don't want our fellow fans bridge jumping.

Then you have the Homers Who look at projected salary caps for other teams and say “ they don’t have enough “ lol. They seem to forget this is nfl not baseball. Contracts are mostly not guaranteed in nfl. Baseball 100%. I’m sure the broncos would trade or cut a guy like kalib at 12mil to make room for cousins. Do fans think the broncos don’t have player guys/contracts  like forte, wilkerson, Carpenter, ect that would probably be cut anyway. For cousins of course they would. 

I think wash mag tag cousins. But maybe they Offer him in a trade. Maybe they just flip 1st Round picks, wash can take some $ vet broncos would look to move anyway. Wash takes Allen or mayfield at 5.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I guess. Still that's why this offseason will probably the most intriguing one from a Jets perspective in some time. Even moreso IMO than the 2015 one.

Intriguing bc they have no QB with a group of good draft prospects #6 pick bc they stink and a possibly good FA qb with a lot of gap room. We agree there. 

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

And yet people think they are not tagging Cousins how?

Only $9+ million away from being able to fit the tag and nothing else! 

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Become homer fans always think everything will work out homer way

I get that we’re selling misery here but unless there’s some loophole with the tag the Redskins can’t afford that and doing anything else this offseason. 

29 minutes ago, slats said:

As for the Jets flying colors situation, money is an issue because the team is in a high tax state. I don't know Mrs. Cousins, but not everyone loves the NYC metro area. Kirk's a religious guy, not a big NYC thing. Denver is in the same draft situation as the Jets as far as improving the team goes. No one looks at the Jets coaching staff as a difference maker unless you're Mike Shanahan. And if you don't think Cousins takes John Elway into account in his decision -a guy who won two Super Bowls as a player and built a Super Bowl winner around a veteran QB as an executive not long ago- then I'd have to say that you're a bit delusional. 

Not enough time right now to systematically destroy your assertions but in the meantime I'd like to submit into evidence:

EXHIBIT A

10 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Do fans think the broncos don’t have player guys/contracts

The big selling point according to local experts at JN is their loaded roster. Using JN math the conclusion becomes they’re so loaded they can cut starters and still land Cousins because also we’ve heard of Elway. 

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Pretty much 

Elway’s track record drafting QB’s suggests that he prefers big, mobile, strong armed QB’s similar to himself.

Brock Osweiler, Paxton Lynch...

I’m not buying for a second that they have some huge interest in a kid like Mayfield. I’m still not even sold on Mayfield going in the Top 10.

Could also make a case for that being the exact reason he WON'T touch Allen, and break the trend of overvaluing measurables. Paxton and Josh have more in common than they don't. 

1 hour ago, slats said:

Flying colors? Okie-dokie, Homey McHomerface. What happens if/when Minnesota decides to get involved? 

1 hour ago, Pac said:

What don't they pass Curtis Curmudgeon?

At this point Minnesota is a dark horse but I recall reading they probably couldn't make it work with their cap situation.

Homey McHomerface?

Curtis Curmudgeon?

Geez, what the hell has happened to to JN?  C'mon guys show some pride.  Put some effort into the insults

10 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

The big selling point according to local experts at JN is their loaded roster. Using JN math the conclusion becomes they’re so loaded they can cut starters and still land Cousins because also we’ve heard of Elway. 

Denver is a team that just needs a qb and few smaller pieces on O. The jets need everything else and had a offense carried ONLY by surprising good qb play and a career felon. 

When you have a team that wants to build around the qb, instead of a team that wants to build around the D and run game, It’s shouldn’t surprise jet fans a prominent qb is not going to pick the team that flops 7 OCs in 9 yrs, and just fired a OC for “passing too much. “ Im sure that really was music to cousins ears. Or maybe the line that will get him killed because we have more important needs on D than protecting the qb.?

18 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Like I said, they can easily cut talib Who is simply overpaid anyway. That’s 12 mil right there. Draft a cb in 2nd round. Wow, so difficult huh ?? maybe he is traded to the jets who are very weak at cb ?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/broncos-will-reportedly-try-to-trade-aqib-talib-this-offseason-due-to-salary-concerns/

7 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Like I said, they can easily cut talib Who is simply overpaid anyway. That’s 12 mil right there. Draft a cb in 2nd round. Wow, so difficult huh ??

Exactly! Cut the #2 CB, another CB in Roby maybe, the other rumor is one of their top two WRs and the C among others - and go out and sell how loaded a roster is! JN math makes it easy! Cut starters + memories of Elway + Lord Woody’s fortune needs to be protected not spent = Loaded Broncos are favorites! 

4 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

OOPS, Redskins have FIFTY TWO, thought it was 25.

If they use the transition tag I think he’s the Jets’. I don’t think they use the franchise just becuase the other owners might have Snyder killed.

Lol. 

Their head coach has talked openly about using the franchise tag for a third year. Anything less than the transition tag would surprise me. And if they put the transition tag on him, it will be with the intention to match any offer. I don't see Maccagnan putting together a deal with a cap hit of $50M in the first year, which is the neighborhood it would take to get Washington to pass. In fact, in an open market situation, I'd expect him to get outbid. This isn't Mike Tannenbaum, he hasn't shown himself to have the stomach for the big deal. 

3 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Exactly! Cut the #2 CB, another CB in Roby maybe, the other rumor is one of their top two WRs and the C among others - and go out and sell how loaded a roster is! JN math makes it easy! Cut starters + memories of Elway + Lord Woody’s fortune needs to be protected not spent = Loaded Broncos are favorites! 

Nah just need to cut talib, that’s all they need genius. They still would be in better shape at cb then us. It’s time to give up your childhood dreams of Kirk cousins wearing green and white. 

9481899E-28FC-44C7-9B59-B02D421F7E02.png

They're not going to use the franchise tag because they'd be afraid he might actually sign it. The last two years he's immediately signed... I'm sure they'd love to tag him, negotiate a long term deal or trade him but he holds all the leverage. If he signs they pay him $34 million guaranteed and then they're in the exact same spot next year. That's lunacy.

My instinct is they transition tag him and ultimately match the offer to keep him unless some team goes nuts and offers him something huge with tons and tons of guaranteed money. That's probably our best chance to get him -- he gets transition tagged and we just way overpay.

Just now, slats said:

Lol. 

Their head coach has talked openly about using the franchise tag for a third year. Anything less than the transition tag would surprise me. And if they put the transition tag on him, it will be with the intention to match any offer. I don't see Maccagnan putting together a deal with a cap hit of $50M in the first year, which is the neighborhood it would take to get Washington to pass. In fact, in an open market situation, I'd expect him to get outbid. This isn't Mike Tannenbaum, he hasn't shown himself to have the stomach for the big deal. 

Well, match any offer they can match as their $52 falls well short of the Jets’ $80. It won’t take $50 million, the Redskins still have a terrible team around Cousins outside of Williams, their pass rushers, and Norman. Like every other team without the Jets money to spend - they cannot both pay him and put a team around him without absolutely nailing the draft. 

McGM ponied up for Revis, Wilkerson, Forte, the rest of the 2015 FAs - not buying he can’t spend. 

5 minutes ago, slats said:

This isn't Mike Tannenbaum, he hasn't shown himself to have the stomach for the big deal. 

Doesn’t matter

Unless Macc is just a totally inept f*ckhead with rocks in his skull, he has to realize that he has to push all of his chips to the center of the table and go for broke this offseason.

That 2 year extension means jack. The Raiders just gave Del Rio a 4 year extension back in February and he’s already out on his ass.

He literally has to either sign Cousins or draft a QB in Round 1.

And considering the major uncertainty that comes along with a rookie QB, I fully expect him to put on the full court press for Cousins.

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Well, match any offer they can match as their $52 falls well short of the Jets’ $80. It won’t take $50 million, the Redskins still have a terrible team around Cousins outside of Williams, their pass rushers, and Norman. Like every other team without the Jets money to spend - they cannot both pay him and put a team around him without absolutely nailing the draft. 

McGM ponied up for Revis, Wilkerson, Forte, the rest of the 2015 FAs - not buying he can’t spend. 

He laid out $12M for Fitzpatrick, too. Big deal. What he hasn't done is win a bidding war for a coveted player, or complete the deal for the trade up he was rumored to be interested in. There were no competitors for any of those contracts. 

5 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Nah just need to cut talib, that’s all they need genius.

So the Broncos’ master plan here is to cut their #2 cornerback a multi Pro Bowl talent, approach Cousins will less than half the cap space of the Jets (before cuts) and still well less than the Redskins, and preach to him about how loaded they are. Lol gotta love JN math. 

1 minute ago, slats said:

He laid out $12M for Fitzpatrick, too. Big deal. What he hasn't done is win a bidding war for a coveted player, or complete the deal for the trade up he was rumored to be interested in. There were no competitors for any of those contracts. 

OTOH what he has done is pay a premium to land premium talent with money he had to spend. This is no different. Outside of the Vikings none of the competiton is within $30 million of the Jets even before cuts (well, Redskins are $28, a gap that probably fits a higher end average salary of what he signs).

20 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Except the part that counts will be in guaranteed money over 5 years, not 1

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The New York Jets starting Qb for opening day of the 2018 season will be Sam Bradford.

He's a good QB. When he's healthy.

If that were the case, I think they draft a QB as well. And since it appears Cousins will have gone to Denver in your scenario, the chance will be there

10 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Another good point why Denver might be more enticing than NYC. Isn't this dude a bible thumping family man ?

Just don't tell him about the New Jersey Devils.  Worked on Herm in Arizona, he didn't realize they were the Sun Devils until his first presser.

12 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Another good point why Denver might be more enticing than NYC. Isn't this dude a bible thumping family man ?

Pot + trees = Gawd country, is that the JN Math formula for this? Big city = sinnin’? 

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Except the part that counts will be in guaranteed money over 5 years, not 1

Hess, slow down you’re excited. What is the complete thought here?

9 minutes ago, HessStation said:

That you man crush Cousins so hard you you've lost all objectivity. 

CasualRotfl. Your door flies open moment in this thread was announcing that Josh McCown was better than Kirk Cousins based on the pretty green stat you thought looked nice and picked out. 

30 minutes ago, HessStation said:

thats a buncha horsesh-t..

I'm too busy to look but there are articles floating around out there about how much Kirk and his bride love NY...  Spats scoffed at my first exhibit but it goes to show that the NY lifestyle might be up his alley.

there are people that believe in god and have families in the tri-state area.

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

CasualRotfl. Your door flies open moment in this thread was announcing that Josh McCown was better than Kirk Cousins based on the pretty green stat you picked out. 

Yeah. Then I looked it up on ESPN and their rating had Cousins a whopping .2% better in 2017. Looks like FO QBR was wrong. You go  Kirk Cousins!??

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

thats a buncha horsesh-t..

I'm too busy to look but there are articles floating around out there about how much Kirk and his bride love NY...  Spats scoffed at my first exhibit but it goes to show that the NY lifestyle might be up his alley.

there are people that believe in god and have families in the tri-state area.

Good to know. I think that stuff might play a part for dudes like Cousins....as a macro observer...and if it's close between two or three teams

Archived