JN blocked at work [emoji20]

14 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Looks like my employer has blocked JetNation.com. My fantasy sports sites are fine and so are all the other non work sites I frequent. I guarantee you the IT guy is a Giants fan or worse a Patriot blow hard!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

AND that's why you don't want to work at Gillette.

25 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Looks like my employer has blocked JetNation.com. My fantasy sports sites are fine and so are all the other non work sites I frequent. I guarantee you the IT guy is a Giants fan or worse a Patriot blow hard!

Or maybe it was among the top websites browsed from work computers (which is trivial for them to see).  Looks really bad if you're the only Jets fan in the office :)

So one way around that if you have the means is to set up remote control of your home computer (if you can do that through their firewall which is often blocked as well).  Then you could browse from your home machine without them being the wiser.  Other choice is obviously to use a tablet or phone over cellular.

Be careful.  I just had to fire a guy because he spent too much time on personal websites that had nothing to do with work.  If they are blocking JN for you then they are aware of your internet usage.  Just a 'heads up'

49 minutes ago, Larz said:

If you work at a big enough company, they can track every keystroke 

Be careful on company equipment 

I work at a huge company and am fully aware they can see everything.  I've also been visiting this site at work pretty much every day for 9 of the 18 years I've been there.  I think they blocked it because the hack triggered something in their scans as a threat and so they took action.  I suspect the same happened to prime.

They wouldn't fire me without a warning but if they did I'd contact a lawyer and ask if it's fair considering EVERYONE at my job checks out espn, youtube, facebook, amazon, their email etc all day.

the millennials have bigger balls than me.. they literally watch episodes of Shark Tank and podcasts on their desks..  I just scan this site for a couple minutes an hour or so.  At least I used to before they blocked it..

11 hours ago, prime21 said:

I thought I had that problem but what was really being blocked was the russian redirect. Try to refresh it.

Archived