Jets will have boatload of 2019 cap money, who are best Free Agents in 2019 and who you like most?

SouthernJet

Hopefully stat maven Sperm has some data on this. Jets may be looking at 2019 FA more than they did this year as we evaluate strengths/weaknesses of this years rebuilt/rebuilding YOUNG team. Jets SHOULD have a much better idea of which FAs will be the missing pieces to consistent 10-11 W's aka meaningful games until last week or week before on consistent basis.

jet sin playoff race 2019 thru 2027...... My dream...... longer if we REALLY get it right w/multiple drafts/Front office moves.

3 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

Hopefully stat maven Sperm has some data on this. Jets may be looking at 2019 FA more than they did this year as we evaluate strengths/weaknesses of this years rebuilt/rebuilding YOUNG team. Jets SHOULD have a much better idea of which FAs will be the missing pieces to consistent 10-11 W's aka meaningful games until last week or week before on consistent basis.

jet sin playoff race 2019 thru 2027...... My dream...... longer if we REALLY get it right w/multiple drafts/Front office moves.

I don't think we are going to see many blockbuster FA deals the next couple of years.  I think players want to be FA after the 2020 season when the CBA expires.  We will have a ton of money, but may be moving it around without getting any long-term answers.  At that point Cousins will be a free agent again.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't think we are going to see many blockbuster FA deals the next couple of years.  I think players want to be FA after the 2020 season when the CBA expires.  We will have a ton of money, but may be moving it around without getting any long-term answers.  At that point Cousins will be a free agent again.

that is why I didnt want Cousins, he dewmanded 2-3 year deal. By time Jets rebuilt team and were ready for consistent 10-11 W seasons, he would bolt ot another team.

The Jets will need a LT, maybe other OL, and EDGE.  

They should be able to find OL if they pay through the nose. It appears that the only way to EDGE is to draft one.  That or LT will likely be next year's draft pick, if they don't trade it.  

45 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

Yes, that site is good.  Between them and overthecap.com you can get almost any contract information you could want.  Biggest problem is typing sportrac instead of spotrac.  Basically, unless they were extended, any 1st rounder from 2014 will be a FA and any player picked outside the 1st in 2015 will be a FA.  

31 minutes ago, varjet said:

The Jets will need a LT, maybe other OL, and EDGE.  

They should be able to find OL if they pay through the nose. It appears that the only way to EDGE is to draft one.  That or LT will likely be next year's draft pick, if they don't trade it.  

There are some interesting offensive linemen on that list.  Taylor Lewan, Jake Matthews, Ju'Wuan James, Cameron Fleming, La'el Collins, Jordan Mills, Jake Fisher, Jamon Brown, Havenstein, Ali Marpet.  Plenty of these guys will be resigned, but there will be talent available. 

6 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You shouldn't only look at free agents because the best ones usually get tagged, you need to look ahead and see which players with big contracts will be on trade block for cheap (mid round picks) or even released.

Yea this is where I’d like us to do some hunting. Find some good players on big contracts that teams can’t handle, offer up a mid round pick to take on the cap hit. As far as positions I expect us to target in some fashion: Edge, LT, WR will be the big 3 IMO.

Archived