costello piece in ny post, stop reading at wilky

rangerous

14 hours ago, Dcat said:

He doesn't say anything about Wilkerson in the clubhouse.  But a student of mine who was a Jets intern for a year told me something interesting 2-3 years ago.  Wilk is a loner.  He was usually by himself and was a quiet, introverted sometimes brooding/moody guy.  He exhibited ZERO leadership skills in that building.  None.  

She had some interesting things to say about others as well, but the Wilk comments were most interesting. 

Cmon- what else did she say about other players? 

28 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Cmon- what else did she say about other players? 

All good things.  There was more to say about non-players. People wearing ties.  Green ties.   Water under the bridge. London Bridge. 

12 hours ago, jetfuel said:

Think he’s dead wrong on WR not being upgraded with Enunwa coming back abd Pryor addition. Also, DL is better by just getting rid of Wilkerson ... guy was useless last year and not much better in 2016. In addition, they brought in two young hungry talented guys via the draft and Pennel is a beast who should be more comfortable in 2018.

Pennel is a beast?  At what?  Getting bad penalties?

I agree about Enunwa if he can come back and play a full season that is a big help for our offense and gives Sam another weapon I love Enunwa’s game and physicality at the normally soft WR position

10 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Pennel is a beast?  At what?  Getting bad penalties?

I agree about Enunwa if he can come back and play a full season that is a big help for our offense and gives Sam another weapon I love Enunwa’s game and physicality at the normally soft WR position

Guy had 35 tackles as a DT in limited playing time last year and gives it his all on every play. If all you notice is the bad penalties he took I’m not sure what else to say. He does need to ge more disciplined but he’s definitely an asset to the DL. 

33 minutes ago, jetfuel said:

Guy had 35 tackles as a DT in limited playing time last year and gives it his all on every play. If all you notice is the bad penalties he took I’m not sure what else to say. He does need to ge more disciplined but he’s definitely an asset to the DL. 

He's been in the league for 5 years, I doubt he's suddenly going to become more disciplined.

On 5/14/2018 at 5:29 AM, rangerous said:

Defensive line

Starters: Leonard Williams, Steve McLendon and Henry Anderson

Key reserves: Mike Pennel, Nathan Shepherd, Xavier Cooper and Folorunso Fatukasi

A draft-day trade brought Anderson over from the Colts. The Jets feel like they have more depth here, even if their starters are not as strong as some of the defensive lines of recent years.

Upgrade? No. The Jets will miss Muhammad Wilkerson on the field.

image.gif

Not that Wilkerson was any good, but this is a weak unit.  All the opponent needs to do is double team Leonard Williams and everyone else can be blocked in a one on one matchup.  Bowles will need to blitz constantly to generate pressure.

8 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Not that Wilkerson was any good, but this is a weak unit.  All the opponent needs to do is double team Leonard Williams and everyone else can be blocked in a one on one matchup.  Bowles will need to blitz constantly to generate pressure.

true enough.  it was ther same as last season with wilky.

Archived