Teddy Bridgewater opens eyes with impressive Jets start

Freemanm

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:09 AM, SAR I said:

Not to state the obvious, but the Jets need a bonafide starting quarterback. 

And if it's Teddy instead of Sam I could care less.  I don't think any Eagles fans are feeling sad because Nick Foles won them their Super Bowl.  If Teddy Bridgewater plays like Teddy Bridgewater, holy sh-t did we pull of the heist of the century. 

SAR I

I agree with this. I was hopeful when we signed Bridgewater and this news is even more encouraging.

SAR might be right, could be a hell of a steal.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/23/2018 at 11:06 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

Darnold needs to play at some point this year and start next year.  McCown is starting week 1.

Teddy doesnt fit here unless McCown gets hurt.

If McCown gets a single snap in the regular season then we are in a whole heap of trouble.

If Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Darnold can't beat out a 40 year old never-was scrub we will have regressed from last season and wasted a crapload of draft picks and cap money. 

This isn't Aaron Rogers and Craig Nall behind Brett Favre.

SAR I

On 5/27/2018 at 7:17 AM, bla bla bla said:

Agreed but I still think if Teddy performs at a franchise QB level it would be silly not to resign/trade him. I really don’t think we will be able to spend all the money we have this offseason so I’d rather hedge our bets at QB or try to get a draft pick.

We’ll see.  If we can get a 2nd for Bridgewater we better take it and run.  

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

He will have to seriously fall on his face not to. Even if he does he is starter by week 5. 

That part I agree with Darnold will start at some point next season after both McCown and Teddy are injured/benched

3 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

I took your advice and booked it.  In this book:

2b7koz.jpg

I don’t want to take bets on this, but I do like gamble a bit ??‍♂️ Johnny said he “ guaranteed “ darnold will start game 1. Repeated that a few times. But I do see he said “ maybe by week 5”?  I like bold guesses, but some look foolish with their guarantees  

E7C41805-E60D-4304-B7F8-99048804E7B8.png

6 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

You guaranteed darnold will be starting week 1. We will be pulling that post back in in sept?‍♂️? 

I guarantee the jets lose some games and win some games. And that a guy starts at QB for those games.

39 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I hope Teddy Bridgewater outplays Josh McCown and is the starting QB in 2018.

Im sick and tired of old washed up guys leading this team the 4th straight season.

From the early reports, this is a very real possibility. I'm stoked by Teddy B's first impression during OTA's and I'm rooting for him.

9 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

From the early reports, this is a very real possibility. I'm stoked by Teddy B's first impression during OTA's and I'm rooting for him.

Me too, what a great QB position for the Jets to (finally) be in. We have the steady hand, the proven starter who still has potential to grow, and the high ceiling young phenom. 

Oh wait, I know, let's wreck it and trade one of them for a conditional pick ?

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Me too, what a great position for the Jets to (finally) be in. We have the steady hand (McCown), the proven starter who still has potential to grow (Bridge), and the high ceiling young phenom (Bradford). 

Oh wait, I know, let's wreck it and trade one of them for a conditional pick ?

Bradford? You mean Darnold I'm guessing.....but yea, this is the best QB situation the Jets have had in quite a few years.

Archived