Teddy Bridgewater opens eyes with impressive Jets start

Freemanm

On 5/23/2018 at 10:06 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

Darnold needs to play at some point this year and start next year.  McCown is starting week 1.

Teddy doesnt fit here unless McCown gets hurt.

Smh

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/23/2018 at 10:22 AM, Jetsplayer21 said:

Let’s think from the player’s point of view and not just ours. If he somehow makes it through a full season healthy, and plays well,there is no way he is coming back to jets. He is going to go somewhere where he is almost guaranteed to start. He will get the offers. If he wins the job though and somehow can ball, sure we could be looking at a decent comp pick in 2020. But Mac may want the draft pick next yr, knowing he May not be here in 2020.

1. Mac isn’t aware of comp picks. 

2. We won’t get any comp picks even if one of our FA signs a 20mil per year deal since we’ll sign more eligible FAs than we’ll lose. 

3. Teddy doesn’t get to pick if he wants to stay or not. We can tag him if he plays well. He can pick to play for the Jets or sit home. 

7 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Well I wouldn’t have said the Vikings would be the team to trade a first and a fourth for Bradford so I’m not sure I could accurately pin point a team for Teddy. All you’d need to net in return is a 3rd or higher (higher than the comp pick for letting him walk)

No comp picks for Jets. See above. 

2 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Well I wouldn’t have said the Vikings would be the team to trade a first and a fourth for Bradford so I’m not sure I could accurately pin point a team for Teddy. All you’d need to net in return is a 3rd or higher (higher than the comp pick for letting him walk)

I just laugh at people who think mac is a genius, or anything close to it ?. Poor teddy had to sign with the jets for the absolute rock bottom of 500k guaranteed.. He signed knowing he could have easily been cut, if not cut possibly the 3rd on depth chart.. Nobody offered him a better deal than the jets. Otherwise he would have signed with them, or used as leverage to get a halfway decent deal.. 500k is an insult.. Jet fans make me laugh when they think teams who wouldn’t beat that rock bottom price all of a sudden are willing to throw draft picks at tedddy because he threw a few passes in OTA?.. Teddy did appear in a live game this past yr, his knee didn’t fall of either lol.. teams are not shocked teddy B can stand on 2 legs lol

4 minutes ago, j4jets said:

1. Mac isn’t aware of comp picks. 

2. We won’t get any comp picks even if one of our FA signs a 20mil per year deal since we’ll sign more eligible FAs than we’ll lose. 

3. Teddy doesn’t get to pick if he wants to stay or not. We can tag him if he plays well. He can pick to play for the Jets or sit home. 

Lol really ? Some jet fans have him already being a pro bowler ? you are saying he won’t be any good? He will sign with a team where he may get to play for. Another sh*tty team where qb is a issue.. he can get a lot of advice from josh McCown about that lol

5 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol really ? Some jet fans have him already being a pro bowler ? you are saying he won’t be any good? He will sign with a team where he may get to play for. Another sh*tty team where qb is a issue.. he can get a lot of advice from josh McCown about that lol

Maybe you need to read what I wrote again. Teddy doesn’t decide whether he plays for the Jets or not next season. If Jets want him, they can tag him. If not, they can let him walk. So yes, Jets dongrt to pick if he stays or not. And what makes you think I said anything about him NOT being good? 

Again, only the Jets can decide whether he leaves or stays (tag, at the very least). My point exactly. 

53 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Maybe you need to read what I wrote again. Teddy doesn’t decide whether he plays for the Jets or not next season. If Jets want him, they can tag him. If not, they can let him walk. So yes, Jets dongrt to pick if he stays or not. And what makes you think I said anything about him NOT being good? 

Again, only the Jets can decide whether he leaves or stays (tag, at the very least). My point exactly. 

It’s funny you think the jets may tag Teddy Bridgewater. The guy just signed for rock bottom deal. 500k is all he was promised. Because the ny media hyped him up after throwing two passes you are saying he could possible make 22 mil guaranteed lol.. That would mean they gave up on Sam Darnold.. they aren’t paying 22 mil for a backup.. We can buy the best non qb player on the market ( even 2 ) for that price.. Teddy B still may be cut and they just go with McCown and Sam. the likely scenario is teddy is the backup until Sam is ready. Then he is #3

20 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

It’s funny you think the jets may tag Teddy Bridgewater. The guy just signed for rock bottom deal. 500k is all he was promised. Because the ny media hyped him up after throwing two passes you are saying he could possible make 22 mil guaranteed lol.. That would mean they gave up on Sam Darnold.. they aren’t paying 22 mil for a backup.. We can buy the best non qb player on the market ( even 2 ) for that price.. Teddy B still may be cut and they just go with McCown and Sam. the likely scenario is teddy is the backup until Sam is ready. Then he is #3

Let me try to rephrase myself. 

1. Jets decide if Teddy stays or not. Not Teddy. 

2. Jets have the power to tag Teddy and force him to stay. Having that power doesn’t mean they will use it for sure. 

3. If Teddy is at 100%, McCown is the #3. McCown isn’t beating out a fully healthy Teddy. 

4. If Teddy is worth the franchise tag (keyword: IF), then does it matter if we keep Darnold on the bench? The point of getting Darnold was to have a franchise QB. 

5. Teddy is NOT being cut unless his knee blows again. 

Hope that helps, I doubt it though ???

39 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Let me try to rephrase myself. 

1. Jets decide if Teddy stays or not. Not Teddy. 

2. Jets have the power to tag Teddy and force him to stay. Having that power doesn’t mean they will use it for sure. 

3. If Teddy is at 100%, McCown is the #3. McCown isn’t beating out a fully healthy Teddy. 

4. If Teddy is worth the franchise tag (keyword: IF), then does it matter if we keep Darnold on the bench? The point of getting Darnold was to have a franchise QB. 

5. Teddy is NOT being cut unless his knee blows again. 

Hope that helps, I doubt it though ???

The jets can franchise tag Josh McCown too ?they paid him 10 mil guaranteed. Compare that too the 500 k for bridewater. He appeared in a real nfl game last, people knew he could run on his knee.. but nobody offered him more than gas $$.. yet some people read a article about OTAs and think he is already a pro bowler ?

Here's the facts...

In college and in his two years in the NFL, Teddy proved to play his best as the pressure goes up.

In alot of college games, when it was crunch time, Darnold was at his worst.

My point is, you never know what you have in a pro QB until he gets hit in the mouth and he HAS to deliver when it matters. Zimmer saw enough in Teddy his first two years that he forced the offense to shape things around Teddy's strengths to open his third year. I

IfTeddy is healthy he will not only start day one, but if the Jets have any kind of pass protection, it's going to be difficult to play the rook. And mark this down, come September, noone in that locker room is going to want Teddy to leave the team, coaching staff included. He's a natural born leader who was finally going to have a team design their scheme's around what he does best. His first two years were wasted sue to a whiny one dimensional AP.

I for one can't wait to see what he can do. 

9 minutes ago, rowjo said:

His first two years were wasted sue to a whiny one dimensional AP.

Quoted for emphasis. When people try to bash today for his stats, just know/remember at the time that the offense was handcuffed by AP.

As great as Peterson is as a runner (he's an all time great), he completely stifles your offense because he's essentially a 2 down back. But you can't ignore him because of how dynamic he is, so you're forced to feed him touches, which makes things alot more predictable.

Its no surprise that Minnesota's offense opened up once Peterson tore his meniscus. Then it stayed that way when they let him go. Then he goes to New Orleans and the offense was sh*t for the 1st 3 games. Then they plug in Kamara, and look what happens!

Adrian Peterson has always been the problem, not Bridgewater!

4 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

The jets can franchise tag Josh McCown too ?they paid him 10 mil guaranteed. Compare that too the 500 k for bridewater. He appeared in a real nfl game last, people knew he could run on his knee.. but nobody offered him more than gas $$.. yet some people read a article about OTAs and think he is already a pro bowler ?

You keep missing the point so carry on with your rubbish bro. 

11 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Bridgewater played well in 7v7 in a not contact enviroment, on the only day that the media was allowed to watch. Now he's Warren Moon.

I tell ya.. we have some stupid fans.. it took Mac getting insulted by a failed 2nd round pick, for a “ conditional 7th “ until they decided to get rid of hack and not teddy b and his basically zero guaranteed contract..

9 hours ago, ECURB said:

Why are people acting like Darnold is a lock? Let's hope Bridgewater is legit because there is a solid chance Darnold isn't...

And there’s also a solid chance Bridgewater can’t survive half a season

23 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I just laugh at people who think mac is a genius, or anything close to it ?. Poor teddy had to sign with the jets for the absolute rock bottom of 500k guaranteed.. He signed knowing he could have easily been cut, if not cut possibly the 3rd on depth chart.. Nobody offered him a better deal than the jets. Otherwise he would have signed with them, or used as leverage to get a halfway decent deal.. 500k is an insult.. Jet fans make me laugh when they think teams who wouldn’t beat that rock bottom price all of a sudden are willing to throw draft picks at tedddy because he threw a few passes in OTA?.. Teddy did appear in a live game this past yr, his knee didn’t fall of either lol.. teams are not shocked teddy B can stand on 2 legs lol

I’m confused, I think you are under the impression that I believe we can trade Teddy right now. My post was about moving him after a full season of him as the starter and needing to tag him. It’s really not that crazy if he proves for an entire year he can play, heck didn’t Bradford just sign for $20M? He’s torn his ACL 3 times.

6 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Bridgewater played well in 7v7 in a not contact enviroment, on the only day that the media was allowed to watch. Now he's Warren Moon.

We’ll see what happens.  Darnold cannot start week 1 so a veteran has to start.  McCown had a good statistical season last year but is a career JAG

Just now, bla bla bla said:

I’m confused, I think you are under the impression that I believe we can trade Teddy right now. My post was about moving him after a full season of him as the starter and needing to tag him. It’s really not that crazy if he proves for an entire year he can play, heck didn’t Bradford just sign for $20M? He’s torn his ACL 3 times.

Bradford is also the most overrated player in the nfl

Just now, Philc1 said:

Bradford is also the most overrated player in the nfl

Agreed but I still think if Teddy performs at a franchise QB level it would be silly not to resign/trade him. I really don’t think we will be able to spend all the money we have this offseason so I’d rather hedge our bets at QB or try to get a draft pick.

10 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Bradford played a whole season before signing his payday..

no I don’t think we would get more than a 7th round pick for bridgewater right now..

Anything is possible.. teddy could be cut in a week. He may somehow win the starting job. I think the chances are very low he would not only win the job, play a full healthy season, and well enough to pick up the tag. So if jets are that convinced they would want bridewater to be the starter next yr. Do you work out a long term deal with him and trade darnold for an elite pass rusher ? Maybe for the #1 overall pick next yr ?

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

no I don’t think we would get more than a 7th round pick for bridgewater right now..

Anything is possible.. teddy could be cut in a week. He may somehow win the starting job. I think the chances are very low he would not only win the job, play a full healthy season, and well enough to pick up the tag. So if jets are that convinced they would want bridewater to be the starter next yr. Do you work out a long term deal with him and trade darnold for an elite pass rusher ? Maybe for the #1 overall pick next yr ?

Again I’m not arguing the bolded, I said after a season of Teddy starting. I don’t think we’d get anything for Teddy at this point. My whole point is if an injured QB can show he is capable of being a franchise guy there will be a market for him, Teddy hasn’t shown that yet.

5 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Again I’m not arguing the bolded, I said after a season of Teddy starting. I don’t think we’d get anything for Teddy at this point. My whole point is if an injured QB can show he is capable of being a franchise guy there will be a market for him, Teddy hasn’t shown that yet.

“If” , a big if..if teddy is that good where you slap the tag on him. Why trade the young qb Who already proved himself. In the past and again. Instead of going with the unknown of darnold? If somehow offers the first overall pick for Sam, jets would have to take it.

3 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

You've gone beyond the hypothetical now. 

Bridgewater has an outside shot to start a limited number of games for the Jets this year before they throw Darnold into the starting lineup. More likely that McCown gets those limited starts. Darnold will be the starting QB at some point. He's the only QB on the team with a chance to start all 16 games, and the only QB guaranteed to start any. 

The franchise tag for QBs next year will be in the $27M range. The Jets will not be tagging Bridgewater to be their starter or to trade him. Bridgewater will see extensive preseason action, allowing the rest of the league to see where he's at. If he's playing well enough to attract trade offers, the Jets will listen. 

The only way Bridgewater is on the Jets next year is if he's NOT playing great, and accepts a minor offer to remain with the team as a backup. Otherwise, he's gone. 

Teddy Bridgewater was a rising star in the NFL before he got hurt.  He was also a great presence in the locker room and a well-deserved fan favorite in Minnesota.  If he is healthy and can play, why in the world would we want to trade him unless we were able to secure a dynamic edge rusher?  Having two excellent QBs on your team is a very good thing.  Ask the Eagles.

1 hour ago, slats said:

You've gone beyond the hypothetical now. 

Bridgewater has an outside shot to start a limited number of games for the Jets this year before they throw Darnold into the starting lineup. More likely that McCown gets those limited starts. Darnold will be the starting QB at some point. He's the only QB on the team with a chance to start all 16 games, and the only QB guaranteed to start any. 

The franchise tag for QBs next year will be in the $27M range. The Jets will not be tagging Bridgewater to be their starter or to trade him. Bridgewater will see extensive preseason action, allowing the rest of the league to see where he's at. If he's playing well enough to attract trade offers, the Jets will listen. 

The only way Bridgewater is on the Jets next year is if he's NOT playing great, and accepts a minor offer to remain with the team as a backup. Otherwise, he's gone. 

Lol yes I strongly agree with you there. The hypothetically game did get carried away ;)

2 hours ago, TMAC said:

Teddy Bridgewater was a rising star in the NFL before he got hurt.  He was also a great presence in the locker room and a well-deserved fan favorite in Minnesota.  If he is healthy and can play, why in the world would we want to trade him unless we were able to secure a dynamic edge rusher?  Having two excellent QBs on your team is a very good thing.  Ask the Eagles.

Because if he is healthy and can play, the Jets financially cant realistically re-sign him. Darnold is the future.

20 hours ago, King P said:

Quoted for emphasis. When people try to bash today for his stats, just know/remember at the time that the offense was handcuffed by AP.

As great as Peterson is as a runner (he's an all time great), he completely stifles your offense because he's essentially a 2 down back. But you can't ignore him because of how dynamic he is, so you're forced to feed him touches, which makes things alot more predictable.

Its no surprise that Minnesota's offense opened up once Peterson tore his meniscus. Then it stayed that way when they let him go. Then he goes to New Orleans and the offense was sh*t for the 1st 3 games. Then they plug in Kamara, and look what happens!

Adrian Peterson has always been the problem, not Bridgewater!

I don’t see how a star rb hurts a qb. In fact it’s just the opposite. If the D knows the run is coming, they can’t worry about the pass as much. They put more guys up in the box to let on AP. They can’t just put in smaller guys who are better covering the pass than the run. The dome stats ALWAYS hype up a qbs stats. It’s nice not to have to worry about wind, cold, ect. All thing that effect a qbs stats. Brett farve went on a tear at 40 his first yr with them. One of his best seasons of his career, after the past few with qb/ny were not great. Thanks to the dome and strong offense. Casey Keenum put up big stats last yr too..  I want to see bridgewater play, but I would be surprised if he would put up same numbers here. Not even considering the knee. 

Archived