July Madness: All Time Draft Discussion Thread

Lith

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You spout so much sh*t, it is hard to remember how much is made up.  Peyton Manning won with D in 2015, but the 2006 Colts were a bottom 3rd D and were 2/3 in points/yards.  Winning with great defense!

Peyton's D allowed 12.8 PPG in the 2006 postseason, Peyton threw 3 TDs and 7 INTs in that same postseason but please continue to tell me about how they didn't win with defense. Peyton had one great half that entire postseason. 

5 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

According to his logic, Brady must be awful since he's never won without a top 10 D, and he lost against the Giants twice because he choked and only put up 14 points with record breaking offenses both times.

Steve Young had mind-melting numbers for a prolonged period of time way before the rules and style of the game changed to favor the offenses. And he threw 6 TDs and posted the highest passer rating in superbowl history. Not exactly what I'd call " Great numbers guy but would melt in big shots"

You look at meaningless reg season rankings, in postseason the pats D's have been very overrated (just like BB as a D coach without LT). Peyton's D's in both Indy and Denver allowed less PPG in postseason than the supposed great NE D's with Brady.

Oh and NEs D was ranked 13tg in 2014 when Brady led NE to 14 4th qtr pts to beat same D Manning could only lead to 8 pts against (in garbage time no less) a year earlier in super bowl with more talent around him.

SF was every bit as talented as Dallas in the early-mid 90s. The difference was at QB. You gagged every time he faced Dallas until Jimmy was gone and he had the great run in 94. 6 

19 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I dunno about that. We're picking these guys at their peaks -- Young's peak (1994) is among the best ever.

94 he was great in postseason, other than that year he wasn't very good when it mattered most and I don't think he'd have a title if Jimmy Johnson didn't leave Dallas.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

You look at meaningless reg season rankings, in postseason the pats D's have been very overrated (just like BB as a D coach without LT). Peyton's D's in both Indy and Denver allowed less PPG in postseason than the supposed great NE D's with Brady.

Oh and NEs D was ranked 13tg in 2014 when Brady led NE to 14 4th qtr pts to beat same D Manning could only lead to 8 pts against (in garbage time no less) a year earlier in super bowl with more talent around him.

SF was every bit as talented as Dallas in the early-mid 90s. The difference was at QB. You gagged every time he faced Dallas until Jimmy was gone and he had the great run in 94. 6 

what

Just now, greenwichjetfan said:

I genuinely debated with myself if I wanted to make my earlier post, because I knew this was like a 99% possibility. And against everything I knew, I posted anyway. Instant regret. 

Just move on.  You won't change his mind on anything, and it'll just ruin the good thing we have going here. 

Pick # Player Team Team Owner O/D Position
1 Jerry Rice* 1 BallinPB O WR
2 Joe Montana* 2 New York Mick O QB
3 Lawrence Taylor* 3 HawkeyeJet D LB
4 Tom Brady 4 Paradis O QB
5 Reggie White* 5 T0mShane D DL
6 Deion Sanders* 6 HessStation D DB
7 Barry Sanders* 7 Patriot Killa O RB
8 Anthony Munoz* 8 nyjunc O OL
9 Jim Brown* 9 UntouchableCrew O RB
10 Dan Marino* 10 BigO O QB
11   11 BombDirt    
12 Joe Greene* 12 Nycdan D DL
13 Peyton Manning 13 Jetlife33 O QB
14 Walter Payton* 14 Obrien2Toon O RB
15 Bruce Smith* 15 KingP D DL
16 Ronnie Lott* 16 Sourceworx D DB
17 Deacon Jones* 17 JetsFan80 D DL
18 John Elway* 18 #27theDominator O QB
19 Steve Young* 19 Long Island Leprechaun O QB
20 Dick Butkus* 20 Dunnie D LB
21 Ray Lewis 21 Stark D LB
22   22 Lupz27    
23   23 JiF    
24   24 Greenwichjetfan    

35 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I genuinely debated with myself if I wanted to make my earlier post, because I knew this was like a 99% possibility. And against everything I knew, I posted anyway. Instant regret.

Of course you regret it because you know you can't keep up in a debate. Move along son

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Correct.  We'll resolve the "unbalanced" rosters in the final round, when teams will take 2 straight O or 2 straight D. 

Part of the fun of this seems to be teams building rosters the way they choose, so going this direction with the first 2 rounds plays a big role in that. 

For sure.  For example, I've clearly got a style of team in mind with Randy Moss. 

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

For sure.  For example, I've clearly got a style of team in mind with Randy Moss.  

Incredibly talented d*ckbags who only play when they wanna play?

Kidding, of course.  I'm mad jelly you got Moss this late in the 1st. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Incredibly talented d*ckbags who only play when they wanna play?

Kidding, of course.  I'm mad jelly you got Moss this late in the 1st. 

Yep!  TO is next.  haha

j/k.  I've got major man crush syndrome on Randy.  Wont lie, the thought he was going to be gone in the original set up before I picked, really was a bummer. hahha

7 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I suggest you **** off with your "son" comments. I'm done talking to you.

Always thinks he's the smartest in the room no matter what solid logic and reason is presented.  Ah well, there's always going to be people like that. 

Just now, JiF said:

Yep!  TO is next.  haha

j/k.  I've got major man crush syndrome on Randy.  Wont lie, the thought he was going to be gone in the original set up before I picked, really was a bummer. hahha 

Are you sure Lupz didn't put Moss as his # 1 in his PM to you?  lol. 

Pick # Player Team Team Owner O/D Position
1 Jerry Rice* 1 BallinPB O WR
2 Joe Montana* 2 New York Mick O QB
3 Lawrence Taylor* 3 HawkeyeJet D LB
4 Tom Brady 4 Paradis O QB
5 Reggie White* 5 T0mShane D DL
6 Deion Sanders* 6 HessStation D DB
7 Barry Sanders* 7 Patriot Killa O RB
8 Anthony Munoz* 8 nyjunc O OL
9 Jim Brown* 9 UntouchableCrew O RB
10 Dan Marino* 10 BigO O QB
11   11 BombDirt