July Madness: All Time Draft Discussion Thread

Lith

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

@UntouchableCrew I almost picked Brown but I decided against it as Sanders averaged just as much for yards per game and Sanders fit just a tad bit better for what I’m doing offensively 

tremendous pick though.

It's funny, I was discussing this with a friend after the first five picks were made and he was like "take Jim Brown" but I assumed there was no way he'd be there. He doesn't necessarily fit what I was originally envisioning for my offense but it was just too much value to pass up.

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Franco Harris here we come.

Dum Dum I just mentioned Harris as a  hb in primarily a 2 back system or short yardage scenario. But you keep yapping away. There will be 24 rb's taken and Harris could be one. He's ranked 18-25 on most all time rb lists.

1 minute ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Can the spreadsheet be posted in a thread? I can't open that at work through our firewall...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OPAlfs_O_7jXNb2m03T6RrIb4G4tZrYLI0K14qKV0wM/edit#gid=1219499804

Pick # Player Team Team Owner O/D Position
1 Jerry Rice* 1 BallinPB O WR
2 Joe Montana* 2 New York Mick O QB
3 Lawrence Taylor* 3 HawkeyeJet D LB
4 Tom Brady 4 Paradis O QB
5 Reggie White* 5 T0mShane D DL
6 Deion Sanders* 6 HessStation D DB
7 Barry Sanders* 7 Patriot Killa O RB
8 Anthony Munoz* 8 nyjunc O OL
9 Jim Brown 9 UntouchableCrew O RB
10 Dan Marino 10 BigO O QB
11   11 BombDirt    
12   12 Nycdan    
13   13 Jetlife33    
14   14 Obrien2Toon    
15   15 XavierSnooze    
16   16 Sourceworx    
17   17 JetsFan80    
18   18 #27theDominator    
19   19 Long Island Leprechaun    
20   20 Dunnie    
21   21 Stark    
22   22 Lupz27    
23   23 JiF    
24   24 Greenwichjetfan    

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It's funny, I was discussing this with a friend after the first five picks were made and he was like "take Jim Brown" but I assumed there was no way he'd be there. He doesn't necessarily fit what I was originally envisioning for my offense but it was just too much value to pass up.

I agree. Super valuable at #9. I figure the way it’s going, I can get a very good QB/WR after round 1. 

I just had to get a super elusive back to start off. When we begin to draft 2 players with our picks is when the true fun begins.

I love the Reggie White and Munoz picks.  Just dominators.

I also am intrigued by Marino as the 3rd QB.  I personally think if these were real teams, Marino would end up be the MVP of this league.  Most talented QB in history, but not most accomplished 

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I agree. Super valuable at #9. I figure the way it’s going, I can get a very good QB/WR after round 1. 

I just had to get a super elusive back to start off. When we begin to draft 2 players with our picks is when the true fun begins.

id that round 2 or 3 ?

I hate the part where you have one more pick before yours and it ticks off the entire hour.  Plenty of great names to choose from but I can't help but have my heart set on one particular guy.  tick...tick...tick...

41 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I had three players I was taking at 2. Montana, LT or Brown. 

I had 2 of the same 3.  You picked the 3rd.  

31 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I hate the part where you have one more pick before yours and it ticks off the entire hour.  Plenty of great names to choose from but I can't help but have my heart set on one particular guy.  tick...tick...tick...

Larry Centers? 

5 minutes ago, BigO said:

only 3 QB's picked in first 10 picks. Interesting, considering QB is the most important position in all sports.

Yes but the perceived difference between some of the top QB's is pretty small.  So from a position scarcity perspective, it makes sense to wait a bit on a QB when the super elite ones are gone. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes but the perceived difference between some of the top QB's is pretty small.  So from a position scarcity perspective, it makes sense to wait a bit on a QB when the super elite ones are gone. 

That goes both ways - DL could be the exception since its 4 positions but there are numerous DL that are through the roof that will still be there

1 hour ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Can the spreadsheet be posted in a thread? I can't open that at work through our firewall...

I assume you just want to see who was picked -- if so, I can paste it into the first post in the discussion thread.

Archived