July Madness: All Time Draft Discussion Thread

Lith

Guys I’m not making a list of players when I go to sleep when I don’t pick for like say 10 picks, and I’d have 2 upcoming picks, that’s like me asking all of you to leave a list at 11 PM, and wake up to see 15 picks made at 7 am when you wake up, it’s not fun sorry I’m out of the draft, again if I picked like 15th maybe I could manage, but having back to back picks I can’t.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So we can either try to find 2 replacements for BD and Lupz, OR at this point we can just roll with 22 teams.

Thoughts @Lith and @Paradis?

Lupz made his pick.  He took Gale Sayers - he is caught up.  I think we should try to replace BD.  @jetstream23 any interested in taking a team -- looks like you hav been following along pretty closely.

Just now, Lith said:

Lupz made his pick.  He took Gale Sayers - he is caught up.  I think we should try to replace BD.  @jetstream23 any interested in taking a team -- looks like you hav been following along pretty closely.

Lupz dopped out after the Sayers pick. He won't be able to make any other picks. 

So we'd just ignore that pick and move forward with 22 teams.  I already tagged both jetstream and Dcat to see if they want in. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Lupz dopped out after the Sayers pick. He won't be able to make any other picks. 

So we'd just ignore that pick and move forward with 22 teams.  I already tagged both jetstream and Dcat to see if they want in. 

OK.  Missed that.  Then lets run with 22

53 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Let's go ahead and skip Bombdirt's pick this time around since he has been a no-show so far.  Unless someone wants to take over for that slot.  @Dcat?  Or @jetstream23?

I'm swamped with other stuff right now.  Really can't do as much as I would like to.  Thanks for asking.  

@Lupz27 you're going to need to either finish the draft or help us find someone to take over your team with Unitas and Sayers.  Quitting 2 picks in puts us in a tough spot. 

If there are no takers, I will step in for Lupz -- just to keep the draft intact.  But keeping up with the draft and spreadsheet is already taking more time than I thought - so I would prefer if we found someone else to take over.  I think it is more likely someone will want to step in for BD and make their own picks.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

If there are no takers, I will step in for Lupz -- just to keep the draft intact.  But keeping up with the draft and spreadsheet is already taking more time than I thought - so I would prefer if we found someone else to take over.  I think it is more likely someone will want to step in for BD and make their own picks.

No we need you as an impartial moderator.  That way people can feel comfortable sending you a list if they're away.  People are aversive to lists, even to the point of quitting rather than sending them in, but still.  That needs to be an option. 

No we need you as an impartial moderator.  That way people can feel comfortable sending you a list if they're away.  People are aversive to lists, even to the point of quitting rather than sending them in, but still.  That needs to be an option. 

Screw it guys, IM OUT

Haha jk but yo’ just run 22 teams. 

who’s next up?

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Works for me. 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Haha jk but yo’ just run 22 teams. 

who’s next up?

Really not a possibility.  Can't just thrown Johnny Unitas back into the pool.  There might be people who were targeting him who now would miss out on him. 

nycdan is up! 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Really not a possibility.  Can't just thrown Johnny Unitas back into the pool.  There might be people who were targeting him who now would miss out on him. 

nycdan is up! 

Well they missed out on him after he was picked anyway. I say just do it.? 

But that’s up to you and Lith, I’m just talking out of the side of my neck haha.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Well they missed out on him after he was picked anyway. I say just do it.?

But he wouldn't necessarilly be gone at that point in the draft if we were at 22 teams from the start.  We don't know where he would have gone, and it impacted subsequent picks like a domino. 

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But he wouldn't necessarilly be gone at that point in the draft if we were at 22 teams from the start.  We don't know where he would have gone, and it impacted subsequent picks like a domino. 

I agree it wouldn't be fair. How about we put Sayers back in since there haven't been any picks since, and we leave maybe the top QB of all time out of this draft?

I feel like 22 teams might be easier than finding two new managers.

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

nycdan is up! 

As others said, just remove Unitas from the draft entirely. Sayers too, but he was a late pick so you could throw him back in with little effect.

1 minute ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

As others said, just remove Unitas from the draft entirely. Sayers too, but he was a late pick so you could throw him back in with little effect.

Sayers was literally the last guy picked; no other picks have been made since. So we can technically put him right back into the pool. Unitas would be left off all teams.

I'm really curious to see how you all feel about Brees vs. the two other guys I really like in this slot.  It was a tough choice in some ways because I do tend to favor a bigger or more mobile guy but I followed my gut here.  When the other two are picked, I'll post who they were and see what you all think.

3 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Nice pick @nycdan, get that QB

Thanks.  At first I was thinking to lay back, fill other slots, and grab one late.  But when I really looked at the bottom of my 'top-24' I wasn't happy.  There are some RBs I absolutely loved at this spot, but I think the dropoff to who I can get in the 3rd or even later isn't as big.  

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

It's tough with this many teams.  Talent dries up fast, and there's a huge difference between having the 12th best QB of all time vs. the 24th.

Fully agree. I'm starting to think I may end up regretting not taking QB with either #24 or #25. We'll see how it plays out.

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I'm really curious to see how you all feel about Brees vs. the two other guys I really like in this slot.  It was a tough choice in some ways because I do tend to favor a bigger or more mobile guy but I followed my gut here.  When the other two are picked, I'll post who they were and see what you all think.

You taking Brees there makes me feel better about my Favre pick.  I was considering waiting on QB entirely because I had Brees and a few others as later targets.  The fact that Brees didn't even make it out of the 2nd round means a little bit of trouble for teams who haven't yet taken a QB. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You taking Brees there makes me feel better about my Favre pick.  I was considering waiting on QB entirely because I had Brees and a few others as later targets.  The fact that Brees didn't even make it out of the 2nd round means a little bit of trouble for teams who haven't yet taken a QB. 

I had considered doing the same.

My first thought was to load up elsewhere and take a Warren Moon or Kurt Warner afterwards. But by the looks of it, I think I made the right choice lol

Just now, Larz said:

44 or more are getting drafted 

Get a good one 

And I've got 30 or so in mind I'll be more than happy with.  So no need to run out and get one now.  I can afford to wait a bit and load up elsewhere.  Favre threw 3 TD's to Chansi Stuckey for pete's sake. 

Archived