July Madness: All Time Draft Discussion Thread

Lith

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Don't know how old you are, but the teams Elway took to Super Bowl in the 80s were not that good. He pretty much carried them. 

I was a big Elway fan back then. He was a great QB.

Elway and Young were two of the best passing mobile QBs. They definitely weren’t one dimensional. Huge amount of plays they continued by getting first downs rushing. 

Pick # Player Team Team Owner O/D Position
1 Jerry Rice* 1 BallinPB O WR
2 Joe Montana* 2 New York Mick O QB
3 Lawrence Taylor* 3 HawkeyeJet D LB
4 Tom Brady 4 Paradis O QB
5 Reggie White* 5 T0mShane D DL
6 Deion Sanders* 6 HessStation D DB
7 Barry Sanders* 7 Patriot Killa O RB
8 Anthony Munoz* 8 nyjunc O OL
9 Jim Brown* 9 UntouchableCrew O RB
10 Dan Marino* 10 BigO O QB
11   11 BombDirt    
12 Joe Greene* 12 Nycdan D DL
13 Peyton Manning 13 Jetlife33 O QB
14 Walter Payton* 14 Obrien2Toon O RB
15   15 King P    
16 Ronnie Lott* 16 Sourceworx D DB
17 Deacon Jones* 17 JetsFan80 D DL
18 John Elway* 18 #27theDominator O QB
19 Steve Young 19 Long Island Leprechaun O QB
20 Dick Butkus 20 Dunnie D ILB
21   21 Stark    
22   22 Lupz27    
23   23 JiF    
24   24 Greenwichjetfan    

2 minutes ago, King P said:

Thanks, gimme a minute to settle in. What's the time limit?

There is none for your pick, since you're replacing a player whose pick got skipped.  However, the incentive for you is to make your pick quickly so you don't miss out on further talent. 

33 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I wouldn't.  Won't listen to coaches and not the best in the clutch.

That's true, and I've always been told I'm a little higher on Favre than most. But those 1995-97 years where he won 3 straight MVPS ( only player ever to do that ) and super bowl win just put him over Marino and Elway for me. But can't go wrong with any really. 

26 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I would try and find a replacement for this snooze dude now btw

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We got one.  King P is in. 

Ahem the robot got you the replacement ??

Pick # Player Team Team Owner O/D Position
1 Jerry Rice* 1 BallinPB O WR
2 Joe Montana* 2 New York Mick O QB
3 Lawrence Taylor* 3 HawkeyeJet D LB
4 Tom Brady 4 Paradis O QB
5 Reggie White* 5 T0mShane D DL
6 Deion Sanders* 6 HessStation D DB
7 Barry Sanders* 7 Patriot Killa O RB
8 Anthony Munoz* 8 nyjunc O OL
9 Jim Brown* 9 UntouchableCrew O RB
10 Dan Marino* 10 BigO O QB
11   11 BombDirt    
12 Joe Greene* 12 Nycdan D DL
13 Peyton Manning 13 Jetlife33 O QB
14 Walter Payton* 14 Obrien2Toon O RB
15 Bruce Smith* 15 KingP D DL
16 Ronnie Lott* 16 Sourceworx D DB
17 Deacon Jones* 17 JetsFan80 D DL
18 John Elway* 18 #27theDominator O QB
19 Steve Young* 19 Long Island Leprechaun O QB
20 Dick Butkus* 20 Dunnie D LB
21   21 Stark    
22   22 Lupz27    
23   23 JiF    
24   24 Greenwichjetfan    

10 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I believe you can pick however you want

Correct.  We'll resolve the "unbalanced" rosters in the final round, when teams will take 2 straight O or 2 straight D. 

Part of the fun of this seems to be teams building rosters the way they choose, so going this direction with the first 2 rounds plays a big role in that. 

56 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

So do I have to take defense in second round since I went O in the first?

55 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I believe you can pick however you want

45 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Correct.  We'll resolve the "unbalanced" rosters in the final round, when teams will take 2 straight O or 2 straight D. 

Part of the fun of this seems to be teams building rosters the way they choose, so going this direction with the first 2 rounds plays a big role in that. 

I got yelled at for asking!  

Steve young in round 1 is a bit of a shocker. He was handed the keys to a dynasty and really only won one thanks to the Jerry Jones/Jimmy Johnson divorce.  Great numbers guy but would melt in big shots, sort of like a poor man's Peyton though, unlike Peyton, SF did win their SB with him with great offense not great defense.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Steve young in round 1 is a bit of a shocker. He was handed the keys to a dynasty and really only won one thanks to the Jerry Jones/Jimmy Johnson divorce.  Great numbers guy but would melt in big shots, sort of like a poor man's Peyton though, unlike Peyton, SF did win their SB with him with great offense not great defense.

I dunno about that. We're picking these guys at their peaks -- Young's peak (1994) is among the best ever.

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

He was one of the best all around QBs in history. 

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

You spout so much sh*t, it is hard to remember how much is made up.  Peyton Manning won with D in 2015, but the 2006 Colts were a bottom 3rd D and were 2/3 in points/yards.  Winning with great defense!

Young is definitely in that tier 1 of QB's, so I can't knock the pick.  I just don't see the rush in taking a QB.  There's only 24 of them that are going to get taken, and there are a lot of QB's I'd be happy to trot out there. 

Having said that, there's only one "Tier 1" QB left on my list, so if he's still there in Round 2, I might snag him.  Just didn't feel the pressure to grab one in round 1. 

I've got 9-10 QB's in that "tier 2" group I'll be targeting in later rounds. 

6 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I dunno about that. We're picking these guys at their peaks -- Young's peak (1994) is among the best ever.

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

He was one of the best all around QBs in history. 

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You spout so much sh*t, it is hard to remember how much is made up.  Peyton Manning won with D in 2015, but the 2006 Colts were a bottom 3rd D and were 2/3 in points/yards.  Winning with great defense!

According to his logic, Brady must be awful since he's never won without a top 10 D, and he lost against the Giants twice because he choked and only put up 14 points with record breaking offenses both times.

Steve Young had mind-melting numbers for a prolonged period of time way before the rules and style of the game changed to favor the offenses. And he threw 6 TDs and posted the highest passer rating in superbowl history. Not exactly what I'd call " Great numbers guy but would melt in big shots"

Archived