July Madness: All Time Draft Discussion Thread

Lith

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Love the Ronnie Lott selection though @sourceworx.  He gives you so much flexibility as both a shutdown corner and hard-hitting safety.  The do-all defensive back.  

Thanks. Deacon Jones was my backup pick if Lott was selected prior to me. Nice pick.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Quick question.  Do our first two rounds have to be 1 O and 1 D?  Or can we double up? 

I believe we agreed for rounds 1 and 2 you can do as you wish.  Only rounds 3 to the end do you need to take 1 D and 1 O with the 2 selections.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I believe we agreed for rounds 1 and 2 you can do as you wish.  Only rounds 3 to the end do you need to take 1 D and 1 O with your 2 selections.  

Then won't we have a misaligned team?  If you pick - say 2 D now and then go 1 O and 1 D the rest of the way you will have 12D and 10-O when we are done.  Unless we can do a makeup pick at the end.

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Then won't we have a misaligned team?  If you pick - say 2 D now and then go 1 O and 1 D the rest of the way you will have 12D and 10-O when we are done.  Unless we can do a makeup pick at the end.

Ma god just pick someone

we’ll worry about that later

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Ma god just pick someone

we’ll worry about that later

Screw you, hippy! 

I had to chance to pick the face of my team and I picked that horse-faced jackass.  Agonized over a couple of personal favorites.  OTOH, he is one of the few QBs I would pick.  Capable game manager, smart, able to run, laser rocket for an arm.  Not a noted choke artist. My assault on the facemasks of the rest of you will commence in round 2. If it wasn't for the voting nature of this thing I would have gone with my favorites and picked up Jim Hart or Bert Jones at the end.  

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Screw you, hippy! 

I had to chance to pick the face of my team and I picked that horse-faced jackass.  Agonized over a couple of personal favorites.  OTOH, he is one of the few QBs I would pick.  Capable game manager, smart, able to run, laser rocket for an arm.  Not a noted choke artist. My assault on the facemasks of the rest of you will commence in round 2. If it wasn't for the voting nature of this thing I would have gone with my favorites and picked up Jim Hart or Bert Jones at the end.  

I have no idea what you’re saying, but nice pick. Was hoping he’d fall to me at #24. Was kinda actually banking on it, tbh.

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Screw you, hippy! 

The Whinerator

1 minute ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I have no idea what you’re saying, but nice pick. Was hoping he’d fall to me at #24. Was kinda actually banking on it, tbh.

I am saying that if I were picking a team to play you in all-time Madden I would go with a lesser known QB and picked some guys that would crush your face.  I think Elway gets a ton of respect and the guys I would prefer will not in a voting contest.  Elway is a QB that will not limit me in the slightest and if there were an all-time draft I would take him over Montana, Manning and Marino.  Maybe he did not have the absolute top QB career, but he was an impeccable prospect that did nothing to tarnish that as a pro.

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am saying that if I were picking a team to play you in all-time Madden I would go with a lesser known QB and picked some guys that would crush your face.  I think Elway gets a ton of respect and the guys I would prefer will not in a voting contest.  Elway is a QB that will not limit me in the slightest and if there were an all-time draft I would take him over Montana, Manning and Marino.  Maybe he did not have the absolute top QB career, but he was an impeccable prospect that did nothing to tarnish that as a pro.

Elway SUCKS. Despise the fool. He was a whining jackass. Marino's stats demolish him.

12 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Marino was a bitch. **** Miami 

Marino G 242   Cmp% 59.4   Yds  61361  Y/A 7.3 TD 420  Int 252

Elway  G 234   Cmp% 56.9   Yds 51475  Y/A 7.1  TD 300  Int 226

Who's the bitch now

17 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Deacon Jones is an absolute steal at 17. He is arguably the best passrusher in NFL history.

Yes just as dominant as LT for his era. They changed the rules of game because of him. 

Dude invented the word "sack"!!  And was nicknamed "Secretary of Defense"!  Perfect!

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Dude invented the word "sack"!!  And was nicknamed "Secretary of Defense"!  Perfect!

Was a big fan of the Rams in the 70's and 80's. They were my 2nd favorite team.  Great rivalry against the Vikes, cowboys and 49er's. Classic classic games.

7 minutes ago, BigO said:

Elway  G 234  Cmp% 56.9   Yds 51475  Y/A 7.1  TD 300  Int 226

Who's the bitch now

Marino was a better pure passer but show me da’ rings.??

Elway has 2 and his individual performances during those Super Bowls were great.

Just now, New York Mick said:

I’m guessing you think Emmitt Smith is the best RB 

Hell no. Another guy who toots his own horn thinking he was the best. I'd take 20 other backs before that wannabee.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Elway has 2 and his individual performances during those Super Bowls were great.

Who cares?  They're about the same.  That's why it doesn't matter which tier 1/2 QB you get as long as you get one. 

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Rings - true.  BUT its a team sport. There ae numerous legends that never won a championship in various sports that weren't on balanced teams to go all the way.

13 minutes ago, BigO said:

Elway  G 234   Cmp% 56.9   Yds 51475  Y/A 7.1  TD 300  Int 226

Who's the bitch now

Elway went to four Super Bowls, winning two of them.

Marino went to one, and lost.

Just now, BigO said:

Rings - true.  BUT its a team sport. There ae numerous legends that never won a championship in various sports that weren't on balanced teams to go all the way.

Absolutely agree on your ideaology of rings as it pertains to individual greatness but since Elway was given(or took) the opportunity to show clutch ability on the biggest stage, I have to go with the safer bet.

i do think Marino is the best pure passer to ever come into the league though.

(Brigham Young)...6'2'', 205...

Jon Steven Young. . .Bucs' first round pick of 1984 supplemental draft. . .Traded to 49ers, 1987. . .Tied with legendary Sammy Baugh as only QBs to win six NFL passing titles. . .Set then-record 112.8 passer rating, 1994. . .Threw 6 TDs, named Most Valuable Player, Super Bowl XXIX. . .Career statistics include 33,124 yards and 232 TDs passing, also rushed for 43 TDs. . .All-Pro four times, NFL MVP twice, seven Pro Bowls.

Need I say more?  Got my franchise man...

3 minutes ago, BigO said:

Don't know how old you are, but the teams Elway took to Super Bowl in the 80s were not that good. He pretty much carried them. 

I was a big Elway fan back then. He was a great QB.

32 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Deacon Jones is an absolute steal at 17. He is arguably the best passrusher in NFL history.

Yes just as dominant as LT for his era. They changed the rules of game because of him. 

Of course. He is the head slapper from LA that Shane was talking about. 

13 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I’d take Brett favre over both Marino and elway

I wouldn't.  Won't listen to coaches and not the best in the clutch.

12 minutes ago, BigO said:

Was a big fan of the Rams in the 70's and 80's. They were my 2nd favorite team.  Great rivalry against the Vikes, cowboys and 49er's. Classic classic games.

Deacon was a little before my time.  I remember him from the Odd Couple behind the craving sheam.   I liked the later James Harris, Lawrence McCutcheon team.  I was a big pre-scab Harold Jackson fan.

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Of course. He is the head slapper from LA that Shane was talking about. 

I wouldn't.  Won't listen to coaches and not the best in the clutch.

Deacon was a little before my time.  I remember him from the Odd Couple behind the craving sheam.   I liked the later James Harris, Lawrence McCutcheon team.  I was a big pre-scab Harold Jackson fan.

Loved me some McCutch and the other big RB they had - Bryant? And John Haydl to Jackson YEAH BABY.

5 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Don't know how old you are, but the teams Elway took to Super Bowl in the 80s were not that good. He pretty much carried them. 

I was a big Elway fan back then. He was a great QB.

Probably older than you. Was just never a fan of that douchebag. I'd take Montana, Peyton, Marino, Young, Brady, Farve, Unitas over him any day of the week. And on draft day!

2 minutes ago, King P said:

Damn I would have loved to join in on this. Oh well, I'll watch from the sidelines.

I believe there is an opening - you can take over for x snooze and pick NOW - ask Jetfan80

Archived