July Madness: All Time Draft Discussion Thread

Lith

Just now, Dcat said:

too busy this summer to participate, but love the concept.  Can't wait till next year to play along and by then I'm sure the rules committee (:whip:) will whip these rules into shape.  I assume the rules committee, Paradis, Lith + whoever, are on it.    

It kind of makes little sense to do it back to back years, no?  You want to wait a few years as a new generation of players settles in to enter the draft pool. 

If you want in on this one, please feel free to jump in.  We need a replacement for Bombdirt.  Might be your last chance for several years!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I suggest you **** off with your "son" comments. I'm done talking to you.

That's not nice.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Always thinks he's the smartest in the room no matter what solid logic and reason is presented.  Ah well, there's always going to be people like that. 

No I don't, you guys just make me look smarter than I am because you cannot debate me and would rather just hurl insults.

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

Just wait till OchoCinco comes off the board. 

You joke, but as a junior in undergrad, I played Madden '06 far too much. And the very first thing I did was to pick the Bengals with that strong OL, OchoCinco, and Carson ******* Palmer (pre-injury), and trade away half the defense for TO.

I was out there killing teams by simply lining up TO and Ocho on opposite ends with speedy AF Chris Henry in the slot, and basically running streaks and heaving it downfield with Carson's big arm to whichever of the three the safeties didn't slide to.

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I suggest you **** off with your "son" comments. I'm done talking to you.

That's not nice.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Always thinks he's the smartest in the room no matter what solid logic and reason is presented.  Ah well, there's always going to be people like that. 

No I don't, you guys just make me look smarter than I am because you cannot debate me and would rather just hurl insults.

Paradis is just catching up.  No worries.

I’m like 100 posts behind and working on tappatalk which is like trying to read road signs in a sandstorm.

Ok I’m fine with whatever was decided.

Hate that someone took Ogden. Thought that one was going to fly under the radar. And Ronnie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Good discussion fellas. Sucks I’m so unavailable for dialogue. Glad we did this

Picks are getting interesting; starting to see a couple sexy picks.

How is your son doing? 

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

I’m like 100 posts behind and working on tappatalk which is like trying to read road signs in a sandstorm.

Hate that someone took Ogden. Thought that one was going to fly under the radar. And Ronnie

Side note, Team Joshua is looking funny in the light.

They really don't want no part of Wilder.

How is your son doing? 

Much better thank you for asking. It was a dark few days I’ll never be able to totally get over, but he’s tough little sonofab*tch, and bounced back hard. Showing no cognitive concerns thus far. Just some post trauma at night. We’ll work through that.

Just now, Paradis said:

Much better thank you for asking. It was a dark few days I’ll never be able to totally get over, but he’s tough little sonofab*tch, and bounced back hard. Showing no cognitive concerns thus far. Just some post trauma at night. We’ll work through that.

Kids are amazingly resilient, more than we give them credit for.  Very glad to hear this!

General note; patience fellas. The first 2 rounds can be challenging as the uncommitted are weeded out via missing picks. The machine will roll smoothly as we break into a run here shortly

Geez. Don't know exactly what happened, but I'm glad he's doing better.

20 Dick Butkus* 20 Dunnie D LB
21 Ray Lewis* 21 Stark D LB
22 Johnny Unitas* 22 Lupz27 O QB
23 Randy Moss* 23 JiF O WR
24 Mike Webster 24 Greenwichjetfan O C
25 Jonathan Ogden 24 Greenwichjetfan O LT
26 Mike Singletary 23 JiF D LB
27   22 Lupz27    
28   21 Stark    
29   20 Dunnie    
30   19 Long Island Leprechaun    
31   18 #27theDominator    
32   17 JetsFan80    
33   16 Sourceworx    
34   15 KingP    
35   14 Obrien2Toon    
36   13 Jetlife33    
37   12 Nycdan    
38   11 BombDirt    
39   10 BigO    
40   9 UntouchableCrew    
41   8 nyjunc    
42   7 Patriot Killa    
43   6 HessStation    
44   5 T0mShane    
45   4 Paradis    
46   3 HawkeyeJet    
47   2 New York Mick    
48   1 BallinPB    

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Under 90 minutes left @Lupz27.  1:30 PM EST deadline.

Does anyone have a way to ping him outside of here? He said he wasn't going to be available in the morning, and probably didn't expect that his second pick was going to come up so quickly.

Geez. Don't know exactly what happened, but I'm glad he's doing better.

Fell out a window a good two stories onto pavement. Was not good. Helicopters and a swarm of doctors that night. Most crushing sense of fear and helplessness, unimaginable.

Anyway, we’re doing ok. Thankful on so many levels.

Just now, sourceworx said:

Does anyone have a way to ping him outside of here? He said he wasn't going to be available in the morning, and probably didn't expect that his second pick was going to come up so quickly. 

His picks were 4 apart, with only 2 people in between him.  Not sure why he didn't sent JiF a list of like 5 players, but let that be a lesson for the future. 

If you're not going to be around, send us a list that covers you for your next pick and, when applicable, 2 picks. 

Fell out a window a good two stories onto pavement. Was not good. Helicopters and a swarm of doctors that night. Most crushing sense of fear and helplessness, unimaginable.

Wow that's scary. It's amazing that he's OK. 

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

His picks were 4 apart, with only 2 people in between him.  Not sure why he didn't sent JiF a list of like 5 players, but let that be a lesson for the future. 

If you're not going to be around, send us a list that covers you for your next pick and, when applicable, 2 picks. 

He sent his list to JiF because JiF picked after him.  Maybe the guys on his list were picked.  If he sends his next 5, JiF still picks 2 before his pick. I don't like sending my list to guys.  Sometimes those guys will still be around in 3 or 4 rounds.  Maybe the guy behind me will go to the black and white and learn something if I send my list!

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

******* hell mate thank **** he’s ok. 

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

He sent his list to JiF because JiF picked after him.  Maybe the guys on his list were picked.  If he sends his next 5, JiF still picks 2 before his pick. I don't like sending my list to guys.  Sometimes those guys will still be around in 3 or 4 rounds.  Maybe the guy behind me will go to the black and white and learn something if I send my list!

He should have sent them to Lith instead in that case, as requested, since Lith isn't picking a team.  But its all good.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

94 he was great in postseason, other than that year he wasn't very good when it mattered most and I don't think he'd have a title if Jimmy Johnson didn't leave Dallas.

? His regular season numbers set records and he was great in the post season. What else is there to criticize?

17 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I think Lupz said he was sleeping most of the day (in the thread). You should skip him and move to the next guy.

46 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Ronnie Lott was a legend -- a great, great player. But he's exactly the kind of player by today's rules who would be literally hog-tied in his play. He committed just about every version of assault on his opponents that one could imagine. He was a guided missile. Today, the refs would throw him out before the first quarter was completed. Same goes for a number of the previous generation CB's, Safeties and LB's. On the other side, some QB's and WR's from the past eras would be amazing in today's offense-friendly, protected environment. The game has really changed.

41 minutes ago, Paradis said:

So glad your son is doing okay. 

No possible way Ogden was flying under the radar.  Lott either.  Actually surprised Butkus went so late, but as he lasted I started to dream of getting him in the 2nd.   

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He should have sent them to Lith instead in that case, as requested, since Lith isn't picking a team.  But its all good.

Agreed.  I would sent them to Lith.  Not you, you would try to poach Goose Gerstein.

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

? His regular season numbers set records and he was great in the post season. What else is there to criticize?

Do you really want to get him started?  You picked Jim Brown.  The proper thing to do is say "Hey, what the **** do you have to say about Jim Brown?"  Cause Jim Brown wil hunt nyjunc down if insulted.

9 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I think Lupz said he was sleeping most of the day (in the thread). You should skip him and move to the next guy. 

He has under an hour to go.  We'll give him the full allotment of time to see if can wake up and get in here.  He'll indeed get skipped if he misses the deadline, and it'll be @Stark's turn.

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

He wasn't great in postseason. He was handed the keys to a dynasty and barely won one (again, thanks to Jimmy Johnson situation in Dallas).

1992- lost at home to Dallas in title game, played poorly.

1993- lost at Dallas in title game, played poorly.

He threw more ints than TDs in the 2 games and they were never competitive at Dallas.

1994 he was great

1995 vs GB- 0 TDs, 2 INTs in 65 pass attempts in another playoff game they didn't compete.

1996 got hurt early at GB

1997 lost at GB. Again more ints than TDs, led SF O to 3 pts.

1998 never blown call to win WC game after rice fumbled and they gave it back to SF then in div rd at atl threw 2 critical INTs in close loss. Again had more ints than TDs.

In basically 5 playoff losses( 3 at home by the way) he threw 3 TDs and 9 ints.  He had Jerry Rice in his prime and TO for a few years and accomplished this but yeah he was awesome in postseason.

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

He wasn't great in postseason. He was handed the keys to a dynasty and barely won one (again, thanks to Jimmy Johnson situation in Dallas).

1992- lost at home to Dallas in title game, played poorly.

1993- lost at Dallas in title game, played poorly.

He threw more ints than TDs in the 2 games and they were never competitive at Dallas.

1994 he was great

1995 vs GB- 0 TDs, 2 INTs in 65 pass attempts in another playoff game they didn't compete.

1996 got hurt early at GB

1997 lost at GB. Again more ints than TDs, led SF O to 3 pts.

1998 never blown call to win WC game after rice fumbled and they gave it back to SF then in div rd at atl threw 2 critical INTs in close loss. Again had more ints than TDs.

In basically 5 playoff losses( 3 at home by the way) he threw 3 TDs and 9 ints.  He had Jerry Rice in his prime and TO for a few years and accomplished this but yeah he was awesome in postseason.

I mean, literally I was like at his apex (1994) he was sensational and you responded with a 3,000 word diatribe that included "1994 he was great" in it. I don't think there's much to discuss here.

10 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, literally I was like at his apex (1994) he was sensational and you responded with a 3,000 word diatribe that included "1994 he was great" in it. I don't think there's much to discuss here.

That's one postseason. He was GREAT that postseason and it does erase some of the stench of the rest of his postseason career but 1994 proved to be an aberration.  He's a worthy Hall of famer, great regular season QB but there are numerous QBs that should have been taken ahead of him.

23 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Ronnie Lott was a legend -- a great, great player. But he's exactly the kind of player by today's rules who would be literally hog-tied in his play. He committed just about every version of assault on his opponents that one could imagine. He was a guided missile. Today, the refs would throw him out before the first quarter was completed. Same goes for a number of the previous generation CB's, Safeties and LB's. On the other side, some QB's and WR's from the past eras would be amazing in today's offense-friendly, protected environment. The game has really changed.

You're shortchanging Lott.  Lott was a pro bowler at CB for a few years before he switched to S and lead the league in INTs a couple of times before he became just a banger.  I hope you feel these guys are hog-tied because that will leave more for me to draft. 

Archived