July Madness: All Time Draft Discussion Thread

Lith

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

lol I thought I was quoting Stark!

i was able to get on last night just long enough to see that I had missed 1 pick and just decided to wait until this AM to do all 4

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Was actually extremely surprised he lasted till the 288th pick. He only played less than 6 season due to the career ending neck injury, but in those 5+ seasons, he was unstoppable.

6628E297-0387-4359-8050-BEFED8916AE6.jpeg

No way I thought I’d get a top end WR like that after essentially ignoring the position till now. Extremely pleased with that pick myself.

The ocho cinco one I made kind of in a rush because my deadline was coming up, but at his peak, Chad Johnson was the best route runner I’ve ever seen. That plus his explosive quickness off the line and on his cuts made him a star that he otherwise wouldn’t have been given his small frame.

He also had a bigger ego than President Chump - no thank you. Dude was as toxic as TO. You should have paired Ocho with TO. What a circus that would have been. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Juregeson throwing to Moss, TO, Mackey and handing off to Emmitt Smith.

LOOK OUT!!!

Do we get to pick slot receivers too???

hehe

Emmitt Smith sucks! Without that Dallas OL he ran behind You better off running it yourself. 

8 minutes ago, BigO said:

He also had a bigger ego than President Chump - no thank you. Dude was as toxic as TO. You should have paired Ocho with TO. What a circus that would have been. 

TO was already taken, but full disclosure, I would take both if given the opportunity. In a make-belief game where we're building teams based solely on our perceptions of the player's greatness, talent wins. Period. I'd take Randy Moss over Jerry Rice, and I would have taken Gronk ahead of Gonzalez for similar reasons.

You took Dan Marino with your first pick while guys like Elway and Peyton were still available. Great example of talent over his personality/stupidity/team success.

So yea, I'm perfectly good with my picks, thanks.

Just now, greenwichjetfan said:

TO was already taken, but full disclosure, I would take both if given the opportunity. In a make-belief game where we're building teams based solely on our perceptions of the player's greatness, talent wins. Period. I'd take Randy Moss over Jerry Rice, and I would have taken Gronk ahead of Gonzalez for similar reasons.

You took Dan Marino with your first pick while guys like Elway and Peyton were still available. Great example of talent over his personality/stupidity/team success.

So yea, I'm perfectly good with my picks, thanks.

Yeah I would’ve taken moss over rice also because Moss is better than rice and wasn’t the head case TO and Ocho were. I took Marino because he’s better than Montana or Elway.  But an overall team is also based on chemistry leadership as well as talent. 

17 minutes ago, BigO said:

Yeah I would’ve taken moss over rice also because Moss is better than rice and wasn’t the head case TO and Ocho were. I took Marino because he’s better than Montana or Elway.  But an overall team is also based on chemistry leadership as well as talent. 

Randy Moss wasn't a head case? Lol, ok. Do yourself a favor and do a quick google search for any of the following:
- Randy Moss diva
- Randy Moss head case
- Randy Moss legal trouble

I'm not building an overall team full of personalities and temperaments that need to gel in training camp so they can compete in September. I'm building a team to beat your team on paper. Chad Johnson will help me do so because at his peak, he's the best route runner I've ever seen and has the quickness and speed to make up for an otherwise small frame. Now, whether he'll catch the ball when it gets to him after he's broken Deion Sanders' ankles and left him in the dust is an 80-20 proposition, lol.

55 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Aaaand, there goes my other TE.  F-U Dunnie!

Assumed that was the other one.  Casper and Mackey both lasting this long shocked me.  If I was in this draft, it is likely one would have been gone well before this.

29 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Randy Moss wasn't a head case? Lol, ok. Do yourself a favor and do a quick google search for any of the following:
- Randy Moss diva
- Randy Moss head case
- Randy Moss legal trouble

I'm not building an overall team full of personalities and temperaments that need to gel in training camp so they can compete in September. I'm building a team to beat your team on paper. Chad Johnson will help me do so because at his peak, he's the best route runner I've ever seen and has the quickness and speed to make up for an otherwise small frame. Now, whether he'll catch the ball when it gets to him after he's broken Deion Sanders' ankles and left him in the dust is an 80-20 proposition, lol.

Reading comprehension. I said he wasn’t the head case Ocho and TO were. But yes he was a head case but not in the mold of being a prima dona bitching about not getting the ball every down. Every QB that played with TO was sick of the clown. And Ocho was so full of himself he talked himself out the league. 

4 minutes ago, BigO said:

Reading comprehension. I said he wasn’t the head case Ocho and TO were. But yes he was a head case but not in the mold of being a prima dona bitching about not getting the ball every down. Every QB that played with TO was sick of the clown. And Ocho was so full of himself he talked himself out the league. 

I guess you didn't try those google searches. Spoiler alert: Moss and TO consistently appeared in articles and polls trying to determine which of them was the bigger head case.

Whatever dude, I'm happy with my pick. Sorry it's been so difficult for you to understand that personalities have nothing to do with this game.

3 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I guess you didn't try those google searches. Spoiler alert: Moss and TO consistently appeared in articles and polls trying to determine which of them was the bigger head case.

Whatever dude, I'm happy with my pick. Sorry it's been so difficult for you to understand that personalities have nothing to do with this game.

Dude whatever.

If people want to vote on personalities, they can and should.  It is my view that an NFL locker room can only survive a certain amount of headcases and sociopaths.  Once you hit a certain threshold, the team crumbles. 

It's partly an explanation for why Marvin Lewis has never won a playoff game.  His teams are supremely talented, but the more Pac Man Jones' and Vontaze Burfict's you roster, the higher your chances for an implosion, whether that's in the regular season or at a key moment in the playoffs. 

It's also, of course, a big reason why the 2012 Jets were so friggin terrible. 

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Everyone is getting a litttle too testy over who drafted the biggest cry baby. Hell, I drafted a guy that snorts lines with Instagram whores. 

Who wants to argue?

I do.  My guy was the most famous Coke fiend in the league.  

joe-greene1.jpg?w=640

13 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Everyone is getting a litttle too testy over who drafted the biggest cry baby. Hell, I drafted a guy that snorts lines with Instagram whores. 

Who wants to argue?

I rest my case. ?

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lmao, okay you win. That was pretty slick but know that I don’t have much faith in you during a head to head with the the guy who took Lawrence Taylor.

Great OL always extinguish great pass rushers. Just like great pitchers make great hitters look like little leaguers. 

I love me some chad Johnson. When he was on, he was as dynamic as they come downfield.

Remember we’re drafting in relation to on field performance. You’re not managing this player’s career or contract.

Stick with what happened on the green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I love me some chad Johnson. When he was on, he was as dynamic as they come downfield.

Remember we’re drafting in relation to on field performance. You’re not managing this player’s career or contract.

Stick with what happened on the green.

I mean, sure, we can SAY that's what we're doing.  But when it comes down to who people vote, they might not view it that way.

I mean, sure, we can SAY that's what we're doing.  But when it comes down to who people vote, they might not view it that way.

It’s true. You take a risk fielding a team with OJ as your back for example. Can’t control voting.

But I ask the general public to keep it to football. Some players had awful lives outside of ball. It gets very grey.

Now, other players brought their wonky lifestyle or personality ONTO the field - which you should consider, at least in part. Dwayne Bowe at his peak was a #1 wr in the nfl, but he had issues with effort and chemistry all the time.

That would be a good example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/16/2018 at 10:22 PM, greenwichjetfan said:

If I’m starting a franchise, I’m taking Elway, Big Ben, and Aaron Rodgers over just about any other QB. 

I agree except for rogers ... he would have been sent to the ICU back in the day when you used to be allowed to tackle.

Archived