Draft Elimination RND 1; L.I. LEPRECHAUN vs BigO

Paradis

Draft Elimination RND 1; L.I. LEPRECHAUN vs Big O  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this match in a virtual universe where these two teams meet?

• Long Island Leprechaun
    • Big 0

RND 1; @Long Island Leprechaun vs @BigO

JN: vote on who's all time drafted team you feel would win the match up.... you're assuming each player is entering this match up in their prime.

Long Island Leprechaun:

image.png

Big O:

The Big O’s

Cb                FS            SS                   Cb

W Brown   Tunnell      J Robinson    Parrish

OLB                     MLB                 OLB

Swilling             B George             Howley         

DE                    DT              DT         DE

Peppers     Weinmeister  Page       Mathis

—————————————————

T           G        C         G            T    

Parker Tamalini  Otto   Schreff  Stydahar

WR        TE          QB        WR        WR

Berry   Saunders Marino  Swann   Alworth

RB

Bright Path

Contestants -- feel free to post your game strategy/strengths/scheme

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How could a game with Marino, Steve Young, and Earl Campbell be boring?

Marino once lost a game 62-7, and I don’t know how I feel about Campbell playing Fullback. Steve Young is fun, but he was known for accuracy not arm strength which limits the potency  of Antonio Brown’s 9-route. In contrast, Marino was a slinger and he’s surrounded by a bunch of possession guys. 

I’m not going to pretend that I know all of the old school players, but these seem to be weirdly constructed teams. 

4 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Marino once lost a game 62-7, and I don’t know how I feel about Campbell playing Fullback. Steve Young is fun, but he was known for accuracy not arm strength which limits the potency  of Antonio Brown’s 9-route. In contrast, Marino was a slinger and he’s surrounded by a bunch of possession guys. 

I’m not going to pretend that I know all of the old school players, but these seem to be weirdly constructed teams. 

Alworth a possession guy LOL they called him Bambi because he was as quick as a deer ? and as fast as a bolt of lightning. I knew picking older players from past eras would be a mistake given the lack of knowledge by most on here. 

Long Island’s offense and defense is just too much to handle against O’s team in my opinion. Definitely have to go with LI on this one. 

Both did a nice job drafting though, I think we all put a ton of time into this. Kudos to both but I just think Steve Young to Antonio Brown with a strong running game of Campbell is huge task for any D. O’s got some nice pass rushers but the pass d is suspect against guys like Taylor, Brown and HOF’er Kellen Winslow.

again, kudos to both.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Long Island’s offense and defense is just too much to handle against O’s team in my opinion. Definitely have to go with LI on this one. 

Both did a nice job drafting though, I think we all put a ton of time into this. Kudos to both but I just think Steve Young to Antonio Brown with a strong running game of Campbell is huge task for any D. O’s got some nice pass rushers but the pass d is suspect against guys like Taylor, Brown and HOF’er Kellen Winslow.

again, kudos to both.

If you compare each position, Leprechaun had no chance in matching my team. I easily outduel him in these matchups - I give him maybe 5-7 better position players over the 22 positions. I didn’t know this would be a pop contest. 

Just now, BigO said:

If you compare each position, Leprechaun had no chance in matching my team. I easily outduel him in these matchups - I give him maybe 5-7 better position players over the 22 positions. I didn’t know this would be a pop contest.  

What did you think it would be when it came down to votes by JN posters?  lol. 

Just now, BigO said:

Hey man it’s just for fun and the outcome is totally based on subjective views. The beauty of it is the board gets to create their own justification for who would win these wooly mammoths sized match ups.

You both had nice teams.

32 minutes ago, BigO said:

Tough one to draw out of the gate. I feel like your team is balanced and will win against the average over time, but in a flash pan game like this, Long Island's offense has too much  *pop*. 

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Tough one to draw out of the gate. I feel like your team is balanced and will win against the average over time, but in a flash pan game like this, Long Island's offense has too much  *pop*. 

Marino over Young

Alworth over Brown

Thorpe : Campbell

Winslow over Saunders

Swann over Taylor 

Pop? Ok

2 minutes ago, BigO said:

Marino over Young

Alworth over Brown

Thorpe : Campbell

Winslow over Saunders

Swann over Taylor 

Pop? Ok

Subjectivity is at the heart of everyone's drafting.  Of course you're going to think you have the edge at nearly every position. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Its 11-0 against you right now.  If you were "easily" the better team it would be a lot closer right now.  LI Leprechaun built a helluva team.  Its OK to admit that. 

Keep it up and you won’t get my vote ?

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I honestly think the formatting of some of these "team screenshots" make it even more difficult to tell what they're doing.

and this is going to be a bit of trial here for next time or later rounds on what "looks neat and tidy"... 

If we had time, or if someone volunteered, the best case scenario is putting the Ds vs Os  (red vs green kind of thing)... you'd have two pics to post.

Archived