LOST (Merged 13X)

The Gun Of Bavaria

Does anyone remember if Faraday told Locke as Locke was about to climb down the hole to look for his mother, Eloise Hawking? If so it says something to me. That Ben knows she can be used, but he needs to take control of the center piece of all of this... John Locke. If he controls Locke (has his body) he has the key to all of this. Now here's the confusing part to me, he leaves the body as if he did commit suicide, was it to convince Eloise? Because she seemed to think he killed himself.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True. Ben tricked Widmore off which seemingly surprised Widmore when Locke said he left on his own. What did Ben try to accomplish when he left? Just kill Penny (if it happened) at the close of the previous episode he hinted at. Or something more diabolical. Seeing Ben is with new Survivors, was he not supposed to come back?

Also Widmore is not what he seems as well. Is the reference Widmore made about a war a war in the past? WWII (H-bomb)?

I agree on Casesar.

I have this weird theory that on top of time/space stuff that the island is also a "determining factor in your fate." by that I mean that it decides whether you are meant to live or die on the island. It seems the island chose that Ben was never meant to be on the island so he will die on it eventually, hence him being hurt. Another example is how Michael couldn't kill himself in the real world, he needed to be in the "proximity" of the island in order for him to truly die and be done with the island, he was meant to die on it.

I really don't think Ben belongs on the island, and the disease he got is a symbolic meaning of what he is to the island- a cancer.

Does anyone remember if Faraday told Locke as Locke was about to climb down the hole to look for his mother, Eloise Hawking? If so it says something to me. That Ben knows she can be used, but he needs to take control of the center piece of all of this... John Locke. If he controls Locke (has his body) he has the key to all of this. Now here's the confusing part to me, he leaves the body as if he did commit suicide, was it to convince Eloise? Because she seemed to think he killed himself.

I agree.

It makes me wonder about Widmore seeing he appears to have the means to return. Why not go back?

Someday I hope this show makes sense but I doubt it. :P:Nuts:

u think hbomb research was done on island?? and if locke not there the bomb falls into japanese hands????

Widmore originally meets Locke 52 years in the past. I believe it was the H-Bomb, but irregardless that would put it in 1952-3. Crash happened in September 2004 and they are within 6 months of that putting it in the start of the Cold War.

IRT Mr. Echo, I believe I read somewhere he is coming back.

Does anybody think that the baby delivered last night was Ethan?

I think it was Jacob. A baby that shouldn't have been due to Sawyers interference. Dont' forget that last season when Locke was looking for Jacob he ran into someone. Horace Goodspeed. Who happened to be "building a house" and eventually brought John to the house he built. If Jacob wasn't meant to be perhaps this allows him to exist on a different plane, allowing him to appear and dissapear throughout time. I know Locke said Jacob sent him in the 50's, but Jacob could be a god, who is anywhere and everywhere at all times.

Ethan isn't a bad guest. but with only a season left it's kinda like an "Oh that's cool" birth rather then something big, which I suspect it to be.

I think it was Jacob. A baby that shouldn't have been due to Sawyers interference. Dont' forget that last season when Locke was looking for Jacob he ran into someone. Horace Goodspeed. Who happened to be "building a house" and eventually brought John to the house he built. If Jacob wasn't meant to be perhaps this allows him to exist on a different plane, allowing him to appear and dissapear throughout time. I know Locke said Jacob sent him in the 50's, but Jacob could be a god, who is anywhere and everywhere at all times.

Ethan isn't a bad guest. but with only a season left it's kinda like an "Oh that's cool" birth rather then something big, which I suspect it to be.

God dammit, as soon as I think I've made a breakthrough I end up lost again.:Irate:

Ohhh, very interesting theory. Yeah, there's what, 26-27 eps left? There will be more and more answers, less questions I'm hoping. As least that's what TPTB have led us to believe.

Ohhh, very interesting theory. Yeah, there's what, 26-27 eps left? There will be more and more answers, less questions I'm hoping. As least that's what TPTB have led us to believe.

That's what I'm hoping for and that's why I can't see it being Ethan... it'd be like "Oh cool." And that's that. I got plenty of theories but I'm no where NEAR close to figuring something out. One thing that made me think last night was the combo of Sawyers "Your friend with eyeliner" line and the appearance of the statue.

Could Richard be an Egyptian? The Temple we saw this season had a **** tone of hieroglyphics on it. Goddamn it's a good show.

That's what I'm hoping for and that's why I can't see it being Ethan... it'd be like "Oh cool." And that's that. I got plenty of theories but I'm no where NEAR close to figuring something out. One thing that made me think last night was the combo of Sawyers "Your friend with eyeliner" line and the appearance of the statue.

Could Richard be an Egyptian? The Temple we saw this season had a **** tone of hieroglyphics on it. Goddamn it's a good show.

No joke, that would explain the bizarre, dark eye liner.

He's got that complexion. In thinking about the Egyptian stuff we saw an ankh last night as well. Also Horace = Horus.

I noticed the ankh, too. Also, there are so many articles written about the Egyptians and their ability to generate electricity, store it in primitive batteries, and their work with strange magnetic fields and flying machines. Maybe the writers will tap into some of these mysteries or connect the islanders with ancient Egypt.

I noticed the ankh, too. Also, there are so many articles written about the Egyptians and their ability to generate electricity, store it in primitive batteries, and their work with strange magnetic fields and flying machines. Maybe the writers will tap into some of these mysteries or connect the islanders with ancient Egypt.

I'm gonna guess they're gonna tie it into how like you outlined that Egypt was ridiculously advanced for its age. What's crazy is there isn't alot of Lost left yet I still have close to no idea as to how it's gonna end.

I'm gonna guess they're gonna tie it into how like you outlined that Egypt was ridiculously advanced for its age. What's crazy is there isn't alot of Lost left yet I still have close to no idea as to how it's gonna end.

You are not alone. My wife stopped watching last year because she is an avid reader and hates when stories are not explained or come to a logical end. She's now back into it because of this year's awesome story arc, but is being driven mad because she can't figure out the plot. BTW, did I hear that Steven King read J.J. Abrams the riot act a while back and told him to figure out an ending, then work backwards?

The Egyptian angle is fascinating because the Pyramids have always been shrouded in mystery and associated with energy vortices.

You are not alone. My wife stopped watching last year because she is an avid reader and hates when stories are not explained or come to a logical end. She's now back into it because of this year's awesome story arc, but is being driven mad because she can't figure out the plot. BTW, did I hear that Steven King read J.J. Abrams the riot act a while back and told him to figure out an ending, then work backwards?

The Egyptian angle is fascinating because the Pyramids have always been shrouded in mystery and associated with energy vortices.

I'm not sure bout the King and Abrams thing. But the idea of giving an ending and revealing while still keeping things shrouded is genius. This series is headed for either the greatest ending ever or an epic fail.

I'm not sure bout the King and Abrams thing. But the idea of giving an ending and revealing while still keeping things shrouded is genius. This series is headed for either the greatest ending ever or an epic fail.

Right now, I would bet on a great ending. Though if they go anywhere near the "it's all been a dream" or "imagined" angles, I'm flying out to L.A. and kicking some a$$. :)

Right now, I would bet on a great ending. Though if they go anywhere near the "it's all been a dream" or "imagined" angles, I'm flying out to L.A. and kicking some a$$. :)

The other thing that just struck me was that the "exit" of the Island is in Tunisia isn't it?While not "close" it is in the proximity of Egypt, Who knows.

The other thing that just struck me was that the "exit" of the Island is in Tunisia isn't it?While not "close" it is in the proximity of Egypt, Who knows.

It is Tunisia, which is North Africa. I was wondering why there? I just checked, and it's about 1,327 miles from Tunisia to Cairo. There must be some other connection which will be revealed.

Also, my wife and I were talking this morning about how all the female characters are strong women. Woman in Egypt held positions of great prestige and power. How cool was it that Juliette is welding a van chassis, then goes to deliver a baby? LOL. What a Renaissance woman.

It is Tunisia, which is North Africa. I was wondering why there? I just checked, and it's about 1,327 miles from Tunisia to Cairo. There must be some other connection which will be revealed.

Also, my wife and I were talking this morning about how all the female characters are strong women. Woman in Egypt held positions of great prestige and power. How cool was it that Juliette is welding a van chassis, then goes to deliver a baby? LOL. What a Renaissance woman.

A slight turn on. I was discussing this with my woman last night. She was really into Egyptian mythology so I figured I'd post this here. We got on the topic of the "power" figures of the Island and I mentioned how I thought HORACE = HORUS. It was far too similar. My wife then said "Well do you think Richard could be Anubis then?". It seemed to be an anubis statue we saw on Wed. Then we got into the idea that based on what Charlotte said "THIS PLACE IS DEATH" that perhaps it could be a direct parallel to the Egyptian underworld. This is how we tied in our Lostees.

There have been many, MANY religions we tied into this show. My wife is most well versed in Buddhism due to her Japanese background and she brought up how it seems that every one, EVERY ONE on the island (lostees) has some guilt... some regret in life. Essentially we boiled it down that since the lostees are all consumed with some sort of guilt in their life, the island wants them there to better themselves and eliminating their guilt, which is the path to reincarnation. We've seen Locke reincarnated for one.

The last random thing we thought was cool was that we tried tying power figures to specific characters, Richard as Anubis, Horace as Horus, and we didn't get much more but the one we did think made sense was the Smoke monster as Ammit. Ammit was basically the watchdog of the ceremony of entrance into the underworld. The Egyptians had Anubis weight your heart against the feather of truth, if your heart is too heavy with guilt, Ammit, who was totally SHAPELESS, ate your soul. Sound familiar? Anyways, that also lead us to the idea of "the island isn't done with you" because once you're entered into the underworld... you still MUST pass other tests in order to join the immortals... perhaps this is what the island is doing with our lostees. Locke has fully taken on anything the Island has asked him to do, and he gave the ultimate sacrifice and is now reincarnated (Buddhism) and is now part of the Immortals (Alpert, Jacob).

Phew, hope all of you guys read through that.

A slight turn on. I was discussing this with my woman last night. She was really into Egyptian mythology so I figured I'd post this here. We got on the topic of the "power" figures of the Island and I mentioned how I thought HORACE = HORUS. It was far too similar. My wife then said "Well do you think Richard could be Anubis then?". It seemed to be an anubis statue we saw on Wed. Then we got into the idea that based on what Charlotte said "THIS PLACE IS DEATH" that perhaps it could be a direct parallel to the Egyptian underworld. This is how we tied in our Lostees.

There have been many, MANY religions we tied into this show. My wife is most well versed in Buddhism due to her Japanese background and she brought up how it seems that every one, EVERY ONE on the island (lostees) has some guilt... some regret in life. Essentially we boiled it down that since the lostees are all consumed with some sort of guilt in their life, the island wants them there to better themselves and eliminating their guilt, which is the path to reincarnation. We've seen Locke reincarnated for one.

The last random thing we thought was cool was that we tried tying power figures to specific characters, Richard as Anubis, Horace as Horus, and we didn't get much more but the one we did think made sense was the Smoke monster as Ammit. Ammit was basically the watchdog of the ceremony of entrance into the underworld. The Egyptians had Anubis weight your heart against the feather of truth, if your heart is too heavy with guilt, Ammit, who was totally SHAPELESS, ate your soul. Sound familiar? Anyways, that also lead us to the idea of "the island isn't done with you" because once you're entered into the underworld... you still MUST pass other tests in order to join the immortals... perhaps this is what the island is doing with our lostees. Locke has fully taken on anything the Island has asked him to do, and he gave the ultimate sacrifice and is now reincarnated (Buddhism) and is now part of the Immortals (Alpert, Jacob).

Phew, hope all of you guys read through that.

Great post. You have both put much thought into this. I had never heard of Ammit, but your astute comments make a lot of sense. We'll see.

Great post. You have both put much thought into this. I had never heard of Ammit, but your astute comments make a lot of sense. We'll see.

Haha. Neither did I, that was my woman. She named cats that have since passed after greek gods. Isis, Thoth, Ammit, and Menhit. She was a crazy cat lady when she was in her early 20's.

Archived