NFL preseason week one reaction: Sam Darnold | PFF

Villain The Foe

8 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

“The long necked one” — @Spoot-Face

lmao! That's also true. 

Look now, the QB's that I've supported have been getting some burn and have been looking good during the preseason. 

David Fales (San Jose St.) Looked good in his Dolphins debut. I felt like Fales should have beaten out Cutler for the starting job back in Chicago.

Nathan Peterman (Pitt) Looked good for the Bills. Extremely accurate and was the fastest QB in respects to getting the ball out to his receivers this first preseason game. 

Baker Mayfield (OU) Looked like he could seriously compete with Ty. 

Mike Glennon (The long necked one) I actually didn't watch the rest of the Arizona game after watching Rosen. I should go back and check him out. 

Just now, BurnleyJet said:

Well you did endorse the giraffe for a while so.

Still endorse Mike. 

He's a good QB in terrible situations. Lets not forget how trash Trubisky also looked with zero receivers an injured Jordan Howard and turd for an online. 

It wasn't like Glennon didn't produce and some kid picked up the pieces and ran with it. Chicago was a bad football team last year. 

With that said though, the criticism so far is warranted, for the amount of talk I've put behind Glennon, the bottomline is...he's not the top 15 QB I said he was. 

Facts. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Still endorse Mike. 

He's a good QB in terrible situations. Lets not forget how trash Trubisky also looked with zero receivers an injured Jordan Howard and turd for an online. 

It wasn't like Glennon didn't produce and some kid picked up the pieces and ran with it. Chicago was a bad football team last year. 

With that said though, the criticism so far is warranted, for the amount of talk I've put behind Glennon, the bottomline is...he's not the top 15 QB I said he was. 

Facts. 

Fair points on Glennon. I think Baker will be good, just a loose cannon. Sam is made for the NY media. I think both teams got a good QB.

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

Fair points on Glennon. I think Baker will be good, just a loose cannon. Sam is made for the NY media. I think both teams got a good QB.

(No offense) but think VTF made the board unreadable with his Glennon nonsense for like a whole year, and even the Baker stuff was a bit much this offseason, but I do agree with his points here about Glennon, and I agree with his assessment of Baker having a Jeff Garcia type career.

When put in that perspective, he’ll be a good QB. But I want more. I think (and hope) that Darnold gets there. 

2 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

(No offense) but think VTF made the board unreadable with his Glennon nonsense for like a whole year, and even the Baker stuff was a bit much this offseason, but I do agree with his points here about Glennon, and I agree with his assessment of Baker having a Jeff Garcia type career.

When put in that perspective, he’ll be a good QB. But I want more. I think (and hope) that Darnold gets there. 

To me Sam has something about him. He seem to learn at a different rate to others we've had.

He also seem built for a guy just turned 21, he just looks bigger than a lot of young QB's.

I think we are going to be very happy that he's our QB.

44 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

To me Sam has something about him. He seem to learn at a different rate to others we've had.

He also seem built for a guy just turned 21, he just looks bigger than a lot of young QB's.

I think we are going to be very happy that he's our QB.

Carson Wentz has a photographic memory, and he was able to pick up the playbook, and was able to process information from film room to practice field to ONE part of a preseason game looking the part before getting injured during the 1st preseason game, thou he was not practicing he was fully emanced into the Eagles playbook, calls, practices from the sideline asking any, and every question learning with mental reps, and because of this the Eagles felt even with a fraction of 1 preseason game he could be their started week 1 that rookie season. 

Now I never heard any talk of Darnold having a photographic memory, but what ever it is he has other worldly focus, photographic memory he is on the same type of Path as Wentz was, he can be taught something once, and somehow fully understand what he was taught, AND not just understand it, but actually be able to execute during live 11-11, and 7-7 drills, and one preseason game.  So much is earily similar in a good way between Wentz, and Darnold mentally, and how they can execute at a special talented rate.

Wentz has the bigger arm, and slightly bigger frame, and equal if not better right now with his ability on the move making plays outside the pocket extending plays and accurately completing passes on the move,  Hopefully Darnold (I expect him to work endlessly to get better at this at the latest this offseason like he did this past offseason training himself to have 2 hands on the ball in the pocket, and tight up his throwing motion that now looks so normal if you never saw and heard about the hitch you probably wouldn’t even see it) improves in the area he is the weakest at throwing the deep ball accurately, and by deep I mean Robbie Anderson not having to break stride to catch the pass that will go for 6, this year should be a struggle with that thou.

Archived