Rule: If you love Baker Mayfield, you hate Sam Darnold.

Patriot Killa

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I hate Max Kellerman more.

I met him before he became more visible/popular on ESPN. We argued about David Wright.  He discredited everything David had accomplished in his career. I told him Wright was a stand up leader unlike that POS juicing Arod who has no honor.  I said, ‘I get it. You’re a Skankee fan and went on my way’. He was stunned ? Heres a picture  of the before/after plastic surgery he had. He’s a WIMP. 

B94574D3-7E3D-40CD-8644-2592DB5F012D.jpeg

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I agree. I think I was overly critical of Sam given some things I seen from him, but mostly because he comes from USC. 

Alot of my thoughts were shaken given his performance on Friday. If he can keep it up we definitely got one for sure. 

Over one meaningless preseason game your assessment of Darnold has been drastically altered? It was one game. Not even, more like one quarter since they didn’t allow him to do anything in the 2nd half. He looked great, poised, smart and in control. But even if he looked like Ryan Leaf I wouldn’t have put much emphasis into his performance. The kid was outstanding at USC when he took over. Won the Rose Bowl. Was easily ranked the #1 QB preceding the draft all year. Was an absolute lock to be first QB off the board.

But Browns ? I’m still pinching myself every day that Darnold is a NY Jet. 

83A49B93-E3FA-4723-AFED-B7B719B1DD18.jpeg

18 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Skip Bayless thinks Darnold isn’t that great and he will disappoint us in the future. Says he’s a good guy but he tries too hard to be liked and NY is going to eat him up — Skip loves Mayfield

Colin Cowherd thinks Sam Darnold is an elite player in the making and has the absolute perfect temperament for NY, he thinks we won the draft and even likened the situation where CLE passed on Darnold to my poor Blazers taking Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan. — Colin doesn’t think Mayfield is all that great for a #1 pick.

Will Cain hugged Mayfields nuts on air the other day while he also bashed Darnold and did nothing but make fun of his California accent. He treated Baker as a god and made it seem as if Sam has no business even being considered a franchise QB.

it seems like most these sports personalities like one but hate the other..and i’m not sure why.  Is it some sort of unspoken rule that if you like one then you must bash the other? And is specifically Mayfield/Darnold being thrown in this hate/love mixing pot during discussions. No one talks about the others.

just curious of the motivation for those feelings behind these talk show/debate show personalities. It’s just a slight trend I have caught on to.

Ratings.   You can't be on TV and just be rational.   You have to be kind of out there or no one will listen.   I also think Bayless and Cowherd know less than the average fan, so take what either says with a grain of salt.

Hey, coming out I like Baker #1, and Rosen #2.    Shows what I know, I didn't like all the turnovers Darnold had.  I also saw him play maybe 1 game of actual football, so I know about as much as Cowherd.

18 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im siding with Brian Baldinger on this one. Baker Mayfield is f'ing special. 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/baldys-breakdowns/0ap3000000947413/Breaking-down-Baker-Mayfield-s-NFL-debut-Baldy-s-Breakdown

Glad to have the 2nd best QB in Sam Darnold tho. I can always say that "The Jets didnt pass on Mayfield, he simply wasnt available". Im content with that. 

His analysis is valuable, but Baldinger could be the worst voice over I've ever heard, in any media.

15 hours ago, BigO said:

Over one meaningless preseason game your assessment of Darnold has been drastically altered? It was one game. Not even, more like one quarter since they didn’t allow him to do anything in the 2nd half. He looked great, poised, smart and in control. But even if he looked like Ryan Leaf I wouldn’t have put much emphasis into his performance. The kid was outstanding at USC when he took over. Won the Rose Bowl. Was easily ranked the #1 QB preceding the draft all year. Was an absolute lock to be first QB off the board.

But Browns ? I’m still pinching myself every day that Darnold is a NY Jet. 

83A49B93-E3FA-4723-AFED-B7B719B1DD18.jpeg

"Shaken" is not "drastically altered". Let's not jump out the window here. There was much to Sam's game he was quick to address, such as ball security in the pocket. 

I can go through more, but ultimately you went way left with what I ultimately said.

On 8/13/2018 at 4:10 PM, Patriot Killa said:

Skip Bayless thinks Darnold isn’t that great and he will disappoint us in the future. Says he’s a good guy but he tries too hard to be liked and NY is going to eat him up — Skip loves Mayfield

Colin Cowherd thinks Sam Darnold is an elite player in the making and has the absolute perfect temperament for NY, he thinks we won the draft and even likened the situation where CLE passed on Darnold to my poor Blazers taking Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan. — Colin doesn’t think Mayfield is all that great for a #1 pick.

Will Cain hugged Mayfields nuts on air the other day while he also bashed Darnold and did nothing but make fun of his California accent. He treated Baker as a god and made it seem as if Sam has no business even being considered a franchise QB.

it seems like most these sports personalities like one but hate the other..and i’m not sure why.  Is it some sort of unspoken rule that if you like one then you must bash the other? And is specifically Mayfield/Darnold being thrown in this hate/love mixing pot during discussions. No one talks about the others.

just curious of the motivation for those feelings behind these talk show/debate show personalities. It’s just a slight trend I have caught on to.

Small minds.  But I love the fact that Bayless prefers Mayfield.  Bayless is a certifiable idiot.  I actually dont know who Will Cain is.  I have not watched ESPN in years.

If that ahole fool Bayless is not liking Darnold then we’re in good shape

6 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

"Shaken" is not "drastically altered". Let's not jump out the window here. There was much to Sam's game he was quick to address, such as ball security in the pocket. 

I can go through more, but ultimately you went way left with what I ultimately said.

I’m hypersensitive when it comes to Sam, what can I can tell ya.

On 8/13/2018 at 6:42 PM, bealeb319 said:

How come none of them bash Lamar Jackson?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

A lot of the commentators didn't recognize him as a QB before the draft - pidgeon holing him into the "running QB who will be turned into a WR" square. Could be role and pigment based bias.

I think ALL of the QB's drafted this year actually have the raw material to be good. Supporting cast and coaching will go a long way to determining if they pan out. I actually think the guy who was the most "pro ready" - Rosen - will have the shortest career: too fragile. Talented, but not durable and mobile enough in a league that does not favor statues. The other four have enough movement skills to keep themselves alive and on the field longer.

I think Jackson might be the biggest "surprise". Not only is he super mobile - a really gifted runner - he is not some runty runner at 6'3", 210+ (with room to fill out.) 

I was a Baker guy if he was available, but am pleased with Darnold. I kind of like that the QB's went to downtrodden franchises - as someone else mentioned, I'd like to see Cleveland kick Pissturd's ass twice a year, and wouldn't mind Buffalo doing the same to the Cheats (but of course, losing to us ...) 

Let those teams that had the luck and luxury of franchise QB's wallow in the misery pit of frustration and mediocrity for a while - like two decades. Let that generation of self entitled assholes from New England and Pittsburg die out without ever sniffing another championship while they live. F*CK EM. Change the Guard.

Archived