Jets Sign Davis Webb to Practice Squad

Jack Straw

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Doesn't sound like I'm going to win you over anytime soon.  :) 

But if you ever change your mind, I have some good recommendations for you to try!  At the very least, I highly recommend Van Leeuwen's Vegan ice cream (any flavor other than chocolate).  Absolutely fantastic stuff.  You'd be amazed.

No, probably not lol

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You'd be surprised how good plant-based food tastes.  And it's much kinder to our animal friends!

Oh, I love vegetables, all green vegetables.  I try to eat nothing but vegetables at least twice a week.

We have two vegans in our tailgate group, and I have a special pan and griddle to cook their food, and only their food.  Their contribution to the tailgate is always delicious.

My post is mainly addressing some of the stupidest stereotyping of our regional food by people across the country.....but we certainly do eat alot of avacado!

12 hours ago, flgreen said:

I thought the Jets could still tender offer him?

I honestly don't know how that works as a practice squad member vs. a player on the 53-man roster. Yes, he should be an ERFA, but also anyone who wanted to claim him off the Jets practice squad right now, could. Usually, practice squad guys sign futures contracts at the end of the year. 

11 minutes ago, slats said:

I honestly don't know how that works as a practice squad member vs. a player on the 53-man roster. Yes, he should be an ERFA, but also anyone who wanted to claim him off the Jets practice squad right now, could. Usually, practice squad guys sign futures contracts at the end of the year. 

If they plan to keep him, they will certainly move him to the active roster during the season.  It won't even cost against the cap.  I think they watch him practice for a few weeks/months and make a decision. 

Not sure why he was considered Eli's "heir apparent" since he didn't even get the taste when the benched Eli.  Being behind Geno Smith had to be a red flag.

13 hours ago, Philc1 said:

This is probably McCown’s last year as a player.  I don’t know if he could even get a backup gig at the league minimum next year unless the offer came from us. He’d be lucky to get an assistant coach gig there are thousands of ex players out there who never get the opportunity at the nfl level

Yay! More hyperbole!

Of course he will get offers.  Why wouldn't he get offers?  Ryan Fitzpatrick is also old and has a worse arm.  He is getting $3.3M from the Bucs.  He has a bad attitude towards incumbents, hasn't played well since 2015 and they know he will have to start during Winston's suspension.  McCown is coming off a very nice year and has been signing big deals since he left the Bears - 2/$10M, 3/$14M, 1/$6M, 1/$10M.  I am not a fan of paying him that much, but the way QB prices are shooting up, he's not going to be cheap and he should be among the most trustedas a spot starter and backup that won't cause controversy. 

3 hours ago, slats said:

Not sure either. I can't find the article now, but when they first signed him , I read a small blurb that said they could control his contract for two years by putting a RFA 1st, or 2nd round tender on him.

That might have some trade value in a draft that appears weak at QB.

Archived