Great video: jets not letting Darnold audible creating problems

nico002

19 hours ago, Nixhead said:

This irates me to no end. I saw the Jets running into loaded boxes all game. I blame Bowles and his conservative no lose theories. Well how did it work out Todd? Please lord - I know u delivered a QB - I have 1 more small favor. We need a new offensive head coach. A good coach with some brains. Please. Thank you !  

bowles is a Parcells guy.  And Parcells was a guy who believed teams did not win games, the other team lost them.  But that was in the days of big defense.  This is an offensive age.  Offenses have to win the game.  Defenses have to keep the score down.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jack48 said:

bowles is a Parcells guy.  And Parcells was a guy who believed teams did not win games, the other team lost them.  But that was in the days of big defense.  This is an offensive age.  Offenses have to win the game.  Defenses have to keep the score down.

One of the many reasons why I want an offensive-minded coach. 

13 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

One of the many reasons why I want an offensive-minded coach. 

I hate Bowles but we've lost 2 games with our defense only giving up 20 & 21 points. In this new age of offense, all the rules against the defense, you should be winning games only giving up 21 points. But that doesn't excuse Bowles & Macc ignoring this offense for 4 years.

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

I just don’t know how you watch that game and this guy’s analysis, which is really good btw, and not question wtf is going on. Short week, rookie qb,  vs. a great defensive mind,  away game, nationally televised..ok.  Now let’s see how, when they adjust moving forward. 

The more ways you look at last week, it’s less and less on Darnold and more on the the coaching staff or their total confidence in him. 

1. We know the playcalling was bad 2. He didn’t seem to audible at all at the line...which was also bad. The why is as important but a separate issue

I’ve been questioning wtf is going since the minute they hired Casserly to help find out new regime.

im not arguing with you

On 9/22/2018 at 4:15 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

Don't you think Bates is at least partially to blame? He should be fighting tooth and nail if bowles is limiting what his QB can do.

I think Pepper Johnson tried to fight that very same fight for the defense...Bowles is a brick wall.

On 9/22/2018 at 6:27 PM, kdels62 said:

So we know for sure that there are no checks here? It’s not just some internet guy claiming there are no checks? There’s another video that shows that Sam has been bad at pre-snaps reads. Maybe they took that off his plate with only 3 days rest since he was already making mistakes with 6 days rest.

We definitely don't know this. This is not confirmed.

On 9/23/2018 at 10:57 AM, Sonny Werblin said:

Bottom line Sam didn't play well. A rookie in his third game on short rest on the road against a talented Greg Williams D. That's gonna happen more often than not. Regardless, Sam's play was not the reason for the loss. The D lost that game. Not Darnold. 

Agree 100%

Archived