The Plan

Untouchable

GM Mike Maccagnan (not something I’m thrilled about, but I think he stays)

HC Mike Shanahan 

OC Gary Kubiak

DC Mike Nolan

ST Brant Boyer

FA Signings 

RB Le’Veon Bell

OLB Anthony Barr

C Mitch Morse

WR Adam Humphries 

OT Cameron Fleming (cheap Shell insurance)

FA Re-Signings 

CB Morris Claiborne 

WR Quincy Enunwa 

DE Henry Anderson 

OLB Brandon Copeland

PK Jason Myers

WR Andre Roberts 

Trades

*LB Darron Lee to Minnesota for a 5th round pick 

Draft 

1st round: OT Jonah Williams - Alabama 

3rd round: WR Riley Ridley - Georgia 

3rd round: OLB Chase Winovich - Michigan 

4th round: OG Connor McGovern - Penn State 

5th round: ILB Kendall Joseph - Clemson

5th round: CB Ken Webster - Ole Miss 

7th round: DT Albert Huggins - Clemson

2019 Starting Lineup  

QB Sam Darnold

RB Le’Veon Bell

WR Robby Anderson 

WR Quincy Enunwa 

WR Adam Humphries

TE Chris Herndon 

LT Jonah Williams 

LG Spencer Long

C Mitch Morse

RG Brian Winters 

RT Brandon Shell 

DE Leonard Williams 

NT Mike Pennel

DE Henry Anderson

OLB Anthony Barr

ILB Avery Williamson 

ILB Neville Hewitt/Kendall Joseph

OLB Jordan Jenkins 

CB Trumaine Johnson

CB Morris Claiborne 

FS Marcus Maye

SS Jamal Adams 

PK Jason Myers

P Lac Edwards 

LS Thomas Hennessy 

1 minute ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I'm pretty sure Robby is an RFA. He'd have to be resigned somewhere in your plan if he's in your 2019 starting lineup.

Sure, I’m assuming the Jets tender him at a 2nd rounder.

Also cut Beachum to free up around $8 million if I’m not mistaken.

Think we need to shoot higher with our receivers.  

I want Enunwa gone. No strings. Nothing personal, but he’s had 1 year to write home about since we drafted him 5 years ago, and injuries galore lately. Forget it. That space needs to be given to someone who Sam can bond with. 

I understand your rationale with the Lee trade, figuring we'd only get back a 5th rounder due to the suspension this year.  I think its a bad move to trade him though if thats the best we can get, he was on his way to having a really nice year actually, and if not for suspension depending on how he finished you could have netted id have to believe a 3rd rounder.  Maybe I'm way off, I just saw his value pre suspension as higher. 

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

I want Enunwa gone. No strings. Nothing personal, but he’s had 1 year to write home about since we drafted him 5 years ago, and injuries galore lately. Forget it. That space needs to be given to someone who Sam can bond with. 

Gotta disagree with you on Enunwa. What you say is true, however, as bad as our WR are, he is probably our best one. I don't feel comfortable going into the season with just Robby. Sign Quincy for a 2 year deal with an option for a third. 

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

I agree on Q, but I think they will bring him back. If only because his price should be down because he can't stay on the field. 

I am warming up more to the idea of Tate and a Humphries, or a Moncrief to go with Robby and Burnett (if he will sign with us). 

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

Gotta disagree with you on Enunwa. What you say is true, however, as bad as our WR are, he is probably our best one. I don't feel comfortable going into the season with just Robby. Sign Quincy for a 2 year deal with an option for a third. 

I'm arguing with a resident JN poster about the same thing on twitter.

I can't support bringing Q back. It's no different than Josh Gordon. It's money, time and roster space that is burned up on someone who we can't rely on... and the more times goes on, the more his production is the outlier. Spending a spot on him, means 1 less individual to bond with Sam. Means when he does get hurt, we're again, resorting to signing Rishard Matthews. 

It's more than just loss of money and talent on the field with his injuries, it's the "set-back" on development what could have been another WR. 

5 hours ago, Paradis said:

I wouldn’t be against letting Enunwa walk.

Signing a duo of, say, T. Williams and Humphries would suit me just as well. Hell, I may even prefer that. Especially if we added someone like Ridley at the top of the 3rd.

Frankly, I don’t think Enunwa is getting much more than a 1 year “prove it” type of deal whether it’s here or elsewhere considering the injuries. If we bring him back for something like 1 year, $4-6 million, I’m fine with it.

Otherwise, well, he’s a solid player but it’s not like he’s indispensable. 

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

I wouldn’t be against letting Enunwa walk.

Signing a duo of, say, T. Williams and Humphries would suit me just as well. Hell, I may even prefer that. Especially if we added someone like Ridley at the top of the 3rd.

Frankly, I don’t think Enunwa is getting much more than a 1 year “prove it” type of deal whether it’s here or elsewhere considering the injuries. If we bring him back for something like 1 year, $4-6 million, I’m fine with it.

Otherwise, well, he’s a solid player but it’s not like he’s indispensable. 

I might be in the minority, but once you assume our KR/Roberts and ST Gunner/Peake take 2 spots, we're looking at 3-4 players more we can carry... I would presume Robbie sticks, and someone like Burnett (or whomever we sign like Humphries for example) man's the slot.

That leaves 2 spots for playmakers/development at both X and Z....

That is not a lot of flex room. I don't have anything against Enunwa, but health and all that -- I would prefer to spend those 2 spots someone else and a rookie.

I would offer Leo williams up for trade.  I would not be looking to give him away but if a good offer was received I'd make the deal.  His kind of player is pretty easy to replace.  (Much the same reason Lee is being traded in the projection above.)

I had no idea who this humphires dude was and was surprised a number of people were wanting him but his stats do look good.

I like the oline upgrades and unlike some others i do not hate the bell signing.  I still think we are very light on wr and te weapons.

Not sure what to think of the coaching staff.

I agree barr would be a perfect signing, the jets need LBs bad... if the jets would then take an edge rusher with a top 5 pick then the defense is going to be pretty fearsome. I don’t agree on trading away lee now, the suspension kills his trade value. if anything I’d try and lock him up on a discount extension, now is the chance to buy low on an emerging talent and also show him the team believes in him. if the team wants to take OT early then they would also need to sign a beast pass rusher like frank clark, he could easily play 4-3 DE or rush LB. adding two beasts like him and barr should set the defense up enough so you could probably take all offense in the draft then or close to it.... big decisions to be made this offseason 

• 2 weeks later...

Like humphries, signing but we need to target a big time wr, maybe we can trade for Mike Evans  or A j green.( coming off injury may be had) maybe Tampa wants to draft qb and move on from Winston and we swap first rd picks for Evans.    Would also like to make a run at Dee ford and Dante fowler,. That would solve pass rush and  let us draft Jonah Williams . .

Archived