Weekend Championship games- state your winners

faba

I think he is an over-adored athlete that the media loves to shove down my throat. There are plenty of athletes that do charitable work in their hometowns and the teams' town, there are plenty of players that do NOT celebrate after a routine play.....like a three (usually two) yard gain (and not for a touchdown). Trust me, I've seen him play the Pats in the playoffs the past few years. Again, I don't get it. I'm suppposed to love and respect this athlete - much like I am supposed to love and adore Brett Favre who should have hung it up three years ago. I'm not falling for it for the media propaganda.

Like a certain NE QB :lol:

Seriously though. I think with Bettis when he first came into the league it was all about Bettis. As the years as gone by though especially the past two years I have seen the love this guy has for the game. I don't think it is about the money anymore with him. He wants a ring and right now will do just about anything to get one.

All you do to is look at Hines Ward's tears when speaking about Bettis after last year's playoff lost to New England to see how much Bettis means to the Steelers.

Carolina wins it because Seattle like everyone else can't find a way to stop Steve Smith...on the defensive side of the ball Lucas / Gamble / Manning Jr. shut down Hasselbeck / Jackson all day long and Alexander like usual does nothing in the playoffs while not 100%. 27-14, Carolina.

Big Ben will be rushed all day by everyone on the Denver D much like Brady which will force him to throw some poorly thrown balls. Plummer will struggle as well but Denver will play the better D and will score once agaion on D.

StillerPaul owes me some beers as the Broncos win this one, 27-17

Well, it's been pretty well documented that Bill Cowher has his most trouble on AFCCG day. I submit to you guys the one reason why he will finally win this game.

Ben Roethlisberger. Bill finally has himself a competent QB. I have the utmost respect for Mike Shanahan, but take away Kordell Stewart's 3 INT's in the 97' AFCCG and Shanny doesn't even make it that year with the great John Elway. This game will be extremely close and both defenses will give the opposing QB fits. But this Steelers team came into the playoffs on a roll, they stayed on that roll, and it will continue this week.

The first ever #6 seed to accomplish this feat. This isn't your ordinary #6 seed either.

Steelers - 23

Broncos - 21

Panthers - 27

Seahawks - 20

Stillers/Panthers matchup in SB XL!

Denver wins easily. They do too many things well. This is why they will win the Super Bowl.

Seattle over Carolina. They get the right to lose to the AFC this year in the big game.

Dam Maxie..I was gonna pick them!! Ok I got Pitt and the Cats for a Dinner and drinks if you ever make a Road trip ..Deal?

Steelers and Seahawks will win.

I agree. If this happens I'm not sure who I want to win the Super Bowl.

I have a mate of mine who lives in Seattle and loves the SeaChickens (as he calls them) so I may lean in that direction, but on the other hand I have been to Pittsburgh twice to watch Pats games and I respect the Steeler fans.

Plus Bill Cowher needs to shed the "Choke" tag and I detest the fatman that coaches the Chickens.

If it happens: Go Stiiilllleeers!

I agree. If this happens I'm not sure who I want to win the Super Bowl.

I have a mate of mine who lives in Seattle and loves the SeaChickens (as he calls them) so I may lean in that direction, but on the other hand I have been to Pittsburgh twice to watch Pats games and I respect the Steeler fans.

Plus Bill Cowher needs to shed the "Choke" tag and I detest the fatman that coaches the Chickens.

If it happens: Go Stiiilllleeers!

I'm from PA, so on one hand, all my friends and most of my relatives are hard core steeler's fans including my dad, but on the other hand my twin brother is a big seahawks fan, so if that happens I don't know who I'm going to root for.

I'm from PA, so on one hand, all my friends and most of my relatives are hard core steeler's fans including my dad, but on the other hand my twin brother is a big seahawks fan, so if that happens I don't know who I'm going to root for.

If it happens, just pick a side. It's not like one of our teams is the game so it is a win-win situation!

Steelers and Panthers.

The dead members of Lynyrd Skynyrd are spinning in their graves at 1000 RPMs and will have their just revenge for that POS"Sweet Shaun Alexander" cover version. Almost crashed the car when I heard that treacly junk. The kareoke jerkoffs who did that abomination need to have their voiceboxes cut out and fingers cut off with rusy saws unless they promise never to try such a thing as long as they live.

Archived