The Bright Side

neckdemon

8 minutes ago, rangerous said:

yep.  the chiefs did not make many plays and really weren't able to stop the patsies on downs.  the 4th down play was exceptional and they did pick off brady but then they also had that stupid roughing call and the encroachment call that negated a game sealing int.

The offsides call killed them.  The roughing call was obviously wrong but 2 plays later gronk was interfered with and there was no call so they made up for it.  The big play was lining up offside.

2 hours ago, docdhc said:

I don’t like Suh but it’s nothing compared to the deep within my soul loathing of bellichick, Brady , Kraft, Edelman and all things Patriots. From their smug disrespected underdog routine to them getting all the calls and their cheating ways I think there is clearly someone to root for in the super bowl. Let’s go Rams!

The SB is more of a spectacle than a real football game

59 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

They scored 31 pts with only 20 minutes TOP.  They didn't score much in the first half because they didn't have the ball.

The chiefs D was awful all game

They didn't move the ball in the 1st half because Ernie Adams has caculated through statistics that refs won't throw flags early in championship games. 

The Pats secondary was holding everyone up on KCs 1st 3 drives. No team uses the rules or bends them more than Bill Belichick based on statistical reasoning like this. Hopefully Karma turns out to be a bitch because 17 years ago Belichicks defense with guys like Bruschi, used spearing, late hits ect. to intimidate the Rams in the 2002 Super Bowl. The way the Pats defense played in that game would have drawn 10 flags in today's NFL. 

Nothing would make me more happy than to see the Patriots work so hard, get to 2 Super Bowls the last 2 years & lose them BOTH, so they have a long miserable offseason like every other team that doesn't win the Super Bowl.

3 hours ago, jack48 said:

Brady's 3rd--and game ending INT--was negated by a boob lining up in the neutral zone.  He played great, but well enough to lose as well.  All the great stuff should have been wiped away.  The gods were smiling on the Pats. What 's new?

This is So true! Imagine the press today  Brady 3 interceptions!  Father Time is undefeated! The dynasty is over! Instead now  he gets the GOAT treatment at another super bowl.  Ugh, wake me up for the combine!

6 hours ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

It pains me to say this but as long as Tom Brady puts on a uniform, there is no bright side for the Jets or anyone in the AFC is concerned. I hate the Patriots as much as anyone but you have to acknowledge greatness when you see it. 

belichick with out brady is going to be less of a problem, but still a problem. his system works.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

It reminded me of our 2010 championship game at Pitt

it was kind of a repeat of the first game.  the chiefs went ahead in the second half but left too much time on the clock.  the patsies went down and scored the go ahead without leaving any time left.

1 hour ago, Vader said:

belichick with out brady is going to be less of a problem, but still a problem. his system works.

His system hasn't worked anywhere without Brady, just check his coaching tree.  BB and his assistants that became HCs haven't won a thing and have very few playoff apps and even fewer playoff wins.

Without Brady:

BB 7 seasons, 5 losing seasons, 1 playoff app, 1 WC playoff win

Romeo Crennell 6 seasons, 5 losing seasons, zero playoff apps, won more than 6 one time

Josh McDaniels 2 seasons, fired in second season. 11-17 record.  

Eric Mangini 5 seasons, 3 losing seasons, 1 WC playoff app, zero playoff wins

Bill obrien 5 seasons, only coach from his tree with any success. Only one losing season but only 1 WC playoff win in 5 years.

Charlie Weis failed in college at multiple stops.

For the NFL coaches they coached a combined 24+ seasons and in total made just 5 playoff apps and won a grand total of TWO playoff games with both wins coming at home in the wild card round.

Brady is the system

14 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

His system hasn't worked anywhere without Brady, just check his coaching tree.  BB and his assistants that became HCs haven't won a thing and have very few playoff apps and even fewer playoff wins.

Without Brady:

BB 7 seasons, 5 losing seasons, 1 playoff app, 1 WC playoff win

Romeo Crennell 6 seasons, 5 losing seasons, zero playoff apps, won more than 6 one time

Josh McDaniels 2 seasons, fired in second season. 11-17 record.  

Eric Mangini 5 seasons, 3 losing seasons, 1 WC playoff app, zero playoff wins

Bill obrien 5 seasons, only coach from his tree with any success. Only one losing season but only 1 WC playoff win in 5 years.

Charlie Weis failed in college at multiple stops.

For the NFL coaches they coached a combined 24+ seasons and in total made just 5 playoff apps and won a grand total of TWO playoff games with both wins coming at home in the wild card round.

Brady is the system

Forget what he did before NE. He’s figured it out. Check the season when Matt Cassel filled in. Without Brady he wouldn’t be as success but I’d venture that he’d still be good.

2 hours ago, Vader said:

Forget what he did before NE. He’s figured it out. Check the season when Matt Cassel filled in. Without Brady he wouldn’t be as success but I’d venture that he’d still be good.

Do I think he's a better coach now than pre Brady? Absolutely, I think he'd have success without him.  He wouldn't be dominant without him.  He's not the difference in NE, Brady is 

The Cassell argument is weak, they lost 5 more games against a much weaker schedule and still missed the playoffs with a QB who would win a division title in KC.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Do I think he's a better coach now than pre Brady? Absolutely, I think he'd have success without him.  He wouldn't be dominant without him.  He's not the difference in NE, Brady is 

The Cassell argument is weak, they lost 5 more games against a much weaker schedule and still missed the playoffs with a QB who would win a division title in KC.

starting QB goes down week 1 quarter 1. Still wins 11 games with a 7th round draft pick.

that’s what is called a not weak argument. 

9 hours ago, Vader said:

starting QB goes down week 1 quarter 1. Still wins 11 games with a 7th round draft pick.

that’s what is called a not weak argument. 

The 2008 Patriots played a much weaker schedule than the 2007 patriots and with that they lost FIVE MORE GAMES and MISSED the playoffs w/ a QB who would lead a different team to a division title 2 years later. My argument is destroying anyone who wants to challenge it. if all you have is he was 11-5 w/ Cassell and missed the playoffs it's not a strong argument.

Let's play a little game, let's add 5 losses to each playoff team this year.

NE would have been 6-10

Bal 5-11

Hou 6-10

KC 7-9

SD 7-9

Dal 5-11

Chi 7-9

NO 8-8

Rams 8-8

Sea 5-11

Not a single team would have made the playoffs this year if you add 5 losses, that's how HUGE of a difference 5 losses is. It's nice they went 10-5 w/ Cassell starting against a much weaker sched than 2007 but they missed the playoffs w/ a playoff QB.

again, I show you this:

Qbs w/ and w/o BB:

Bernie Kosar: 11-18 w/ BB, 42-36 w/ 3 trips to the AFC Championship Game w/o him and he was only 28 in his 1st yr w/ BB

Vinny Testaverde: WC team w/ BB(in BB's lone playoff app w/o Brady), was crushed in div rd to a team that wouldn't make SB.  w/ Parcells he led Jets to div title and lost in the AFC Championship Game to the eventual SB champs

Drew Bledsoe: 5-13 w/ BB(then magically they went 11-3 the rest of the way in 2001 and a dynasty was born- clearly all BB), Bledsoe would help NE reach a SB w/ Parcells. In NE w/ BP he was 58-47, In Buffalo 23-35, in Dallas 3-3.  the only time he was well under .500 was w/ BB

Matt Cassell: went 10-5 as starter w/ BB missing the playoffs, led KC to a div title.

7 seasons is not a small sample size, he was a failure of a HC w/o Brady.  BB w/o Brady doesn't scare me at all.

It pains me to say this but as long as Tom Brady puts on a uniform, there is no bright side for the Jets or anyone in the AFC is concerned. I hate the Patriots as much as anyone but you have to acknowledge greatness when you see it. 

We did ok when we had Abraham and Ellis sacking his ass in the mud!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 1/21/2019 at 6:28 AM, long time suffering Jets f said:

Agreed but really bothers me is Brees could very easily have had 3 rings if things were just...fair...not even being lucky.

every ****kng year Brady is on the right side of the weirdest luck or cheating. 

Dee. *******. Ford. It’s always something. Makes it harder to recognize the greatest...as opposed to Jordan who eventually won me over with his.

The only birght side to NE winning, is that we still have the chance to be the ones to knock them off their throne.  Another year, another Division Title,  Conference title and SB appearance.  Someday, somebody is going to knock those f**kers down a peg, so it may as well be us.  I am so sick of rooting vicariously through other teams to beat the Pats in the post season and they never seem to do it, at least not consistenlty. 

Its time to stop counting on others to beat them and just figure out a way to do it ourselves.

On 1/21/2019 at 7:24 AM, Philc1 said:

Suh is a dirty POS.  There is literally no one to root for in this Super Bowl

sorry but i'm rooting for suh any day of the week over brady. brady just threw 3 ints and got bailed out by a ******* linebacker lining up offsides. how the **** does a LINEBACKER line up in the neutral zone? its a joke he went from throwing the losing interception to being the hero all because of a linebacker who was too stupid to line up right.

Archived