The Bright Side

neckdemon

This Pats superbowl berth gives the jets a chance to put an end to the dynasty. Darnold looks to be a legit FQB prospect, we have a nice draft pick in a draft ripe with talent at a premium position of need for the team and 100 million in cap space. We have a DC who has proven he knows how to put together a pretty good defense, and a HC who is driven and doesn't just lay down to the patriots. Sure it sucks hacing to see them in another superbowl, but if the jets take care of business it can make it all that much sweeter if we can take over the division starting next year. This goes without saying, but we obviously need am excellent offseason....we are set up to have one at least. Time to go out next year and win the ******* division back

That Phantom roughing 15 yards 1st down helped a bit too. But my god, the KC defense was abysmal. No way in hell they run up the middle vs the Rams like they did against the Chiefs. Did Chris Jones get back in after being injured.

1 minute ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

It pains me to say this but as long as Tom Brady puts on a uniform, there is no bright side for the Jets or anyone in the AFC is concerned. I hate the Patriots as much as anyone but you have to acknowledge greatness when you see it. 

However greatness is getting well over 40, even his fountain of youth "diet" cant beat father time. 

2 minutes ago, Better2bgreenthanblue said:

However greatness is getting well over 40, even his fountain of youth "diet" cant beat father time. 

Nobody ever hits him. Chiefs SUPPOSEDLY had the 2nd most sacks after the Steelers & he ate a ham sandwich back there again. Was there 1 holding call on the Pats last night? Pats are the only team that every year has the greatest Oline in the NFL filled with NO NAMES who do nothing after they leave. 

18 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

It pains me to say this but as long as Tom Brady puts on a uniform, there is no bright side for the Jets or anyone in the AFC is concerned. I hate the Patriots as much as anyone but you have to acknowledge greatness when you see it. 

that patriots have been beaten before. i'm not saying the jets are going to do it, i'm saying the bright side of all this is that we have a chance to take the division from then if he plays again next year. our fortunes appear to be looking up. the way to beat them is to hit brady, while he has been the greatest father time spares nobody. 

6 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Nobody ever hits him. Chiefs SUPPOSEDLY had the 2nd most sacks after the Steelers & he ate a ham sandwich back there again. Was there 1 holding call on the Pats last night? Pats are the only team that every year has the greatest Oline in the NFL filled with NO NAMES who do nothing after they leave. 

it's maddening isn't it? the lack of pressure and letting edelman get wide open constantly on third downs. hell, my 14 year old son was saying, watch the motion its a slant to edelman...and boom.

14 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

it's maddening isn't it? the lack of pressure and letting edelman get wide open constantly on third downs. hell, my 14 year old son was saying, watch the motion its a slant to edelman...and boom.

Why do they allow him a free release? 3rd & long its Edeleman almost EVERTIME! 

Thats why KC defense was 31st, they suck, Bob Sutton blows! Rams & Phillips will come up with something, Talib & Peters are Head & shoulders better than what the Chiefs were sending out there.

8 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Why do they allow him a free release? 3rd & long its Edeleman almost EVERTIME! 

Thats why KC defense was 31st, they suck, Bob Sutton blows! Rams & Phillips will come up with something, Talib & Peters are Head & shoulders better than what the Chiefs were sending out there.

yeah....so part of the point in my post is that hopefully williams puts together a defense that doesn't let this type of thing happen. hopefully we play the patriots next year and hit brady 12 times and make him **** up. it's been done before......

1 minute ago, neckdemon said:

yeah....so part of the point in my post is that hopefully williams puts together a defense that doesn't let this type of thing happen. hopefully we play the patriots next year and hit brady 12 times and make him **** up. it's been done before......

If Suh & Donald are completely stymied in the Super Bowl you'll know for sure that this no name Pats Oline is allowed to hold all of the time to protect the great one & the face of Goodells NFL.

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

If Suh & Donald are completely stymied in the Super Bowl you'll know for sure that this no name Pats Oline is allowed to hold all of the time to protect the great one & the face of Goodells NFL.

Suh is a dirty POS.  There is literally no one to root for in this Super Bowl

6 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

You absolutely have to be able to generate pass rush without blitzing

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Exactly.

And that’s why there is no reason he can’t play until he’s close to 50, the guy has been playing pitch and catch for close to 20 years almost without ever getting dinged in the slightest.  Just get near him and they’ll throw a Roughing flag.  That bogus penalty on KC late in the game hurt KC almost as much as Ford not knowing how to line up.  They do allow his lineman to Hold more than any other line in the league, that’s not an apparition.

I kept saying yesterday that if KC doesn’t get pressure up the middle and in his face they have no chance.  That’s the only formula to beat them, because many times he gets the ball off in 1.8 seconds.  Joey Bosa said to him after the game “Even when I clear cut beat whose in front of me I still can’t get home, it’s not fair”.

2 hours ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Calls, Refs, spygate etc...   all matter but yes, there is no denying that Brady is quite special.

The fact that we have to play them twice a year every year just sucks.

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

That Phantom roughing 15 yards 1st down helped a bit too. But my god, the KC defense was abysmal. No way in hell they run up the middle vs the Rams like they did against the Chiefs. Did Chris Jones get back in after being injured.

The Chiefs defense played better than they did for most of the season. If their high powered offense would have bothered to show up in the first half they win easily.

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Chiefs defense played better than they did for most of the season. If their high powered offense would have bothered to show up in the first half they win easily.

Yeah, the chiefs D was awesome allowing NE to hold the ball for 44 minutes and score 37 points.  The chiefs O scored 31 points while only having the ball for 20:53.  Clearly they lost because of the O?

6 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Calls, Refs, spygate etc...   all matter but yes, there is no denying that Brady is quite special.

The fact that we have to play them twice a year every year just sucks.

Not much longer, maybe never again.  I think Brady will retire if they win in 2 weeks

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

It was a bad call but I have no doubt they would have got those yards anyway.  KC D was awful. The Saints cry about calls and that was a terrible non call on the PI.  But Brees made two straight throws there which should have been intercepted.  On the non PI call it should have been a pick 6 if the boob only looked.  I was not impressed with Brees at all.  The games seem exciting because they went to OT, but I am sick of watching defenses disappear at the end of games.  I guess it is a Bowles thing.

15 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I am sick of DBs not being able to man up guys.  The rules that targeted DBs years back have made football seem a little like wrestling to me.

19 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Pats plan worked perfectly in the 1st half, blitz & everyone hold on the backend & see if the refs are letting you play or if they'll call holding.

They let them play & Pats got off to a 14-0 lead running the ball & literally wasting an entire half of the game for KCs offense. 

Refs couldn't ignore the Pats & especially Jackson holding on every play so they finally started to call him out in the 2nd half. Too little too late, Belichick had one thing in mind and would try to thwart the rules to do it & that was not letting KC jump out to a lead at home. 

Romo pointed out in the 1st quarter how the Pats were going to man up & play physical & everytime they showed another failed 3rd down pass by Mahomes, the replay showed the Pats DBs & Safeties literally hands ALL OVER the WRs & Kelsey across the board. He even kinda of joked, "a little holding there, but their letting them play". Romo had definitely been told by the NFL to tone down his criticism regarding the refs & bad calls. 

By time the refs starting calling the Pats, the Chiefs had had 3 three & outs. BBs plan had worked & they could settle into the game they could keep close.

2 hours ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Their dominance would surely be weakened if they didnt have 6 free games a year. 

Our weak division is one of the biggest reasons why they're still on top. However that's changing by at least next year.

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Suh is a dirty POS.  There is literally no one to root for in this Super Bowl

I don’t like Suh but it’s nothing compared to the deep within my soul loathing of bellichick, Brady , Kraft, Edelman and all things Patriots. From their smug disrespected underdog routine to them getting all the calls and their cheating ways I think there is clearly someone to root for in the super bowl. Let’s go Rams!

19 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

You blamed the O who scored 31 points in 20 minutes if TOP. 

The Chiefs were a dangerous team because of their offense. Their defense has been terrible all season. The Chiefs high powered offense didn't do anything in the first half and gave the defense no breaks. The defense picked off Brady twice, once in the endzone and also had a huge 4th down stop in the 4th quarter to give them a chance to get back in it. The Chiefs D played better than most people who were watching them all season would have expected.

One lousy FG drive in the first half by the Chiefs offense and it's a different game.

3 hours ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Take it a step further, as long as BB coaches and / or the BB system is used, this nonsense will continue, seemingly forever. The only hope we have is to build a competitive team that can hopefully beat these guys sometime. Other than that, I have no faith that this Groundhog Day NFL thing will ever end.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Chiefs were a dangerous team because of their offense. Their defense has been terrible all season. The Chiefs high powered offense didn't do anything in the first half and gave the defense no breaks. The defense picked off Brady twice, once in the endzone and also had a huge 4th down stop in the 4th quarter to give them a chance to get back in it. The Chiefs D played better than most people who were watching them all season would have expected.

One lousy FG drive in the first half by the Chiefs offense and it's a different game.

They scored 31 pts with only 20 minutes TOP.  They didn't score much in the first half because they didn't have the ball.

The chiefs D was awful all game

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

they also manage a pass rush with scrubs on the dline.  kind of negates the whole theory about needing an edge rusher or even a top flight lt in the draft.

I don’t like Suh but it’s nothing compared to the deep within my soul loathing of bellichick, Brady , Kraft, Edelman and all things Patriots. From their smug disrespected underdog routine to them getting all the calls and their cheating ways I think there is clearly someone to root for in the super bowl. Let’s go Rams!

Rams ought to be allowed to film their walkthrough. Karma.

I’d love to see the rams end the dynasty. It’d be fitting.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

25 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

They scored 31 pts with only 20 minutes TOP.  They didn't score much in the first half because they didn't have the ball.

The chiefs D was awful all game

yep.  the chiefs did not make many plays and really weren't able to stop the patsies on downs.  the 4th down play was exceptional and they did pick off brady but then they also had that stupid roughing call and the encroachment call that negated a game sealing int.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Yeah, the chiefs D was awesome allowing NE to hold the ball for 44 minutes and score 37 points.  The chiefs O scored 31 points while only having the ball for 20:53.  Clearly they lost because of the O?

The two long drives in the first 1/2 were killers and deflated the chiefs before thet even got started 

Archived