Andre Dillard

thshadow

Long athletic tackle who was good in college, good at the Senior Bowl, and has a rep for being good in pass pro. Built almost like Brick. Very lean. Wouldn’t hate it in a trade down.

Who knows if it holds because there are always exceptions but the track record all over the draft of offensive linemen with a 20 yard short shuttle as fast as his was is outstanding. And the 40 tends to translate well for tackles. Layer in his success in college and he seems pretty safe.

Williams did well for himself at the combine too, I know he’s got a lot of fans here. Has the added bonus of potentially being able to kick in to guard if tackle doesn’t work out. Think Dillard seems like a tackle only.

Scouts consider him the best "pass blocking" tackle in the draft.  In a pass-heavy league, this is great, but he struggles in run blocking.  If you watch him in run-oriented drills at the combine he struggled; Especially in his lateral movements.  Might be because of the offense they ran up in Washington State.  He might be a tackle only prospect but he is definitely intriguing because of his athleticism.  

WalterFootball had considered him a 1st round tackle last year if he had come out, but he stayed in school one more year.

8 hours ago, nyjbuddy said:

Scouts consider him the best "pass blocking" tackle in the draft.  In a pass-heavy league, this is great, but he struggles in run blocking.  If you watch him in run-oriented drills at the combine he struggled; Especially in his lateral movements.

If you watch him in football-oriented football on the football field he struggled; especially in "pass blocking."

He's real fast but if you look at him funny he falls down.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2019 at 1:25 PM, nyjbuddy said:

Scouts consider him the best "pass blocking" tackle in the draft.  In a pass-heavy league, this is great, but he struggles in run blocking.  If you watch him in run-oriented drills at the combine he struggled; Especially in his lateral movements.  Might be because of the offense they ran up in Washington State.  He might be a tackle only prospect but he is definitely intriguing because of his athleticism.  

WalterFootball had considered him a 1st round tackle last year if he had come out, but he stayed in school one more year.

A little bit of that concern might be alleviated by playing alongside Osemele who is a complete mauler.

19 hours ago, Paradis said:

Let’s just say I was a wee bit ahead of the general draft community on that one 

It’s funny looking back now at the guys we thought were going to be good mid round values, are now being mentioned as consensus first rounders.  

Hakeem Butler is another guy.  I’m surprised he’s now all over first round mocks and projections.  I loved him at the top of the 3rd, but now he might be a little rich for my taste.  

18 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

It’s funny looking back now at the guys we thought were going to be good mid round values, are now being mentioned as consensus first rounders.  

Hakeem Butler is another guy.  I’m surprised he’s now all over first round mocks and projections.  I loved him at the top of the 3rd, but now he might be a little rich for my taste.  

That 40 yard dash was insane. He ran a 4.4 at 6 foot 6. Definitely helped his stock.

Archived