Jets interested in RB Tevin Coleman

LAD_Brooklyn

24 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Tevin Coleman. Seriously?

We are screwed, I mean 5-6 wins at best screwed, if we don't sign Leveon Bell.

Sooner or later people here are going to realize how bad this team's offense is, and how rarely such a bad team has the opportunity to get a player like Bell for only money.

We have to stop the "running backs are easily replaced" stuff, @HawkeyeJet. Mediocre, jag type RBs are easily replaced. Not 27 year old RBs with Bell's receiving and running skills. Those are not easily replaceable. Or easy to find, as the Jets have proved quite well.

Its amazing how Jet fans love to play GM, criticize the lack of skill players we have, yet thumb their nose at the best skill player available to them.

I like Bell as well, but if we can use that money wisely elsewhere and get Coleman we should come out the same. But the only thing that's guaranteed is that Macc will screw up and our homerism to the franchise won't admitt it til the season's over.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, New York Mick said:

Bell is a douche bag IMO and won’t be helpful in the long run. He’s not worth the contract he’s going to want when there’s no one to block for him. 

How do you think he’s going to act when they’re loading the box against him and he’s getting hit as soon as he gets the ball?

Well if they load the box our QB has a pretty good arm maybe he can throw it deep to the fast guy Anderson for a long play. Or we can stick with McGuire who they won’t load the box for and still stumble around at 3 yards a clip

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

You realize Bell catches 80+ passes a year along with carrying the ball 300 times at over 4 a carry. You don’t think Sam could use that? But jets fans wanna bring in Coleman who cant handle that workload or some rookie in the 3rd rd at least (no 2nd rd pick). Let’s just roll with Elijah McGuire again and his 3 YPC

He caught 80+ twice. And he’s only played a full season (16 games) one time in his six year career. 

25 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Tevin Coleman. Seriously?

We are screwed, I mean 5-6 wins at best screwed, if we don't sign Leveon Bell.

Sooner or later people here are going to realize how bad this team's offense is, and how rarely such a bad team has the opportunity to get a player like Bell for only money.

We have to stop the "running backs are easily replaced" stuff, @HawkeyeJet. Mediocre, jag type RBs are easily replaced. Not 27 year old RBs with Bell's receiving and running skills. Those are not easily replaceable. Or easy to find, as the Jets have proved quite well.

Its amazing how Jet fans love to play GM, criticize the lack of skill players we have, yet thumb their nose at the best skill player available to them.

You’re going to go with the RB’s like Bell are not easily replaceable argument after what just happened this season? 

The Steelers literally just replaced him with James Conner who had a monster year, and then when Conner went down they replaced him with RB/TE Jaylen Samuels - who proceeded to tear it up as well.

I think Bell is a fantastic example that situation is huge for a running back.

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

Well if they load the box our QB has a pretty good arm maybe he can throw it deep to the fast guy Anderson for a long play. Or we can stick with McGuire who they won’t load the box for and still stumble around at 3 yards a clip

I’m sure that will work great.

Until there’s an oline it doesn’t matter unless we can get Barry Sanders from a time machine. 

15 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

It’s not a rb league.  The fuss being made over Leveon Bell here is nauseating 

Well when you have average WR's adding one of the best all around RB's in the NFL would be helpful. But hey, who cares if our young QB has weapons. Look how well it worked out in 2018.

29 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Good receiver out of the backfield and would cost 10% of what Bell’s whale of a contract would be

Don't forget he hasn't ballooned in weight while taking a year off. The warning signs on Bell are alarming.

Just now, sourceworx said:

Don't forget he hasn't ballooned in weight while taking a year off. The warning signs on Bell are alarming.

We’re trying to develop a culture here.  Signing Santonio 2.0 to an even bigger contract stops that

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

Well when you have average WR's adding one of the best all around RB's in the NFL would be helpful. But hey, who cares if our young QB has weapons. Look how well it worked out in 2018.

Golden Tate would help more than Bell.  So would a combo of Cole Beasley and Tyrell Williams.  Crowell had a 4.9 ypc last season btdubs

9 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Bell is a douche bag IMO and won’t be helpful in the long run. He’s not worth the contract he’s going to want when there’s no one to block for him. 

How do you think he’s going to act when they’re loading the box against him and he’s getting hit as soon as he gets the ball?

And he’s pretty much made it clear he doesn’t want to play for the Jets he’s only sign here for the money. 

Let's not let the fact that he grew up as a Jets fan get in the way of a joke he made. And 99% of all professional athlete use money as their #1 goal in free agency. That's not selfish, that's business.

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Obviously Bell is better than Connor but Pittsburgh offense was good with and without him.  They were fourth ranked offense. 

Yeah but it’s 1995 running back is the most important position 

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Obviously Bell is better than Connor but Pittsburgh offense was good with and without him.  They were fourth ranked offense. 

Im not debating that Connor filled in fine. Pittsburgh had depth at RB nice luxury. 

11 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Bell is a big name.  Steelers had 0.0 issue replacing him

Connor had a good year, which just happens to be worse than Bell's worst year. They would've won 12 games if Bell had played all year instead of Connor.

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Exactly so signing one player that’s a head case like Bell isn’t going to help when there’s a lot more team needs. 

So you know what type of person/teammate Bell is?  I personally think theres a lot  more going on in Pittsburgh than we know with both Bell and Brown jumping ship but that just me. 

Not sure what all the Coleman hate is about.  I guess it's that he's not Bell.  I get that, Bell was one of the Top RB's in the NFL.  

Coleman in his own right is an excellent RB, and fits Gase's system perfect.  If the Jets decide not to go after Bell, I'm real good with Coleman. 

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Not sure what all the Coleman hate is about.  I guess it's that he's not Bell.  I get that, Bell was one of the Top RB's in the NFL.  

Coleman in his own right is an excellent RB, and fits Gase's system perfect.  If the Jets decide not to go after Bell, I'm real good with Coleman. 

Agree Bell is a luxury superstar if we can afford him fine without hurting our chances of fixing other glaring needs. 

If we sign Coleman we have improved the RB position here. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree Bell is a luxury superstar if we can afford him fine without hurting our chances of fixing other glaring needs. 

If we sign Coleman we have improved the RB position here. 

We agree. I just don’t think it’s smart to spend the money on Bell. 

Archived