Browns @ Jets week 1 MNF

Rhg1084

18 hours ago, Dcat said:

Why does anyone think I don't like Mayfield?  I like him a lot.  Figuring Darnold was to be off the board earlier, he was the guy I wanted. When the Brownies and Giants passed on Mayfield, I couldn't believe it and was thrilled to get Darnold.  I thought for sure Cleveland was taking him.   So there is no hate for Mayfield in me aside from the fact that he is now a rival and must be crushed when we play them.  I would never use an avatar of a rival on a team message board.  Ever  It's rude and trollish.   And that's what bothers me.  Pretending to be a true fan doesn't go over well with me and Villain is not a true fan.

I triple dog dare you to take that wager with @Villain The Foe?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

No. Why would I do that?   I'd never put Mayfield in my Avatar.  Especially to appease the likes of that phony.  I'm a Jets fan you know.  He's a Browns fan pretending to be a Jets fan.  Too bad for him.   

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Leave him alone. He's emotionally exaggerate and actually believes that being a Jets fan means that we are literally "brother's in arms" so much that to risk changing your avatar because of a fun forum bet is somehow equivalent to comitting treason to the Johnson & Johnson empire.

Drama school. 

Ill make the bet with you if you like. ??

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Leave him alone. He's emotionally exaggerate and actually believes that being a Jets fan means that we are literally "brother's in arms" so much that to risk changing your avatar because of a fun forum bet is somehow equivalent to comitting treason to the Johnson & Johnson empire.

Drama school. 

Emotionally exaggerate?

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Drama school. 

Ha ha...This is between you and Dcat. I'd never make a bet like that, because I really don't have an issue with what avatar you choose to use for your profile. To me the quality of someone's post matter more than what avatar they choose to use. For the record you're one of the better posters here. I get you're a Mayfield fan as well as a Jets fan. I imagine it will be somewhat bittersweet for you to watch your beloved Jets have their way with the Browns in week 1 and win in a route. As long as Mayfield doesn't get hurt, it's a win win for you. Still 15 more games left.

40 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Ha ha...This is between you and Dcat. I'd never make a bet like that, because I really don't have an issue with what avatar you choose to use for your profile. To me the quality of someone's post matter more than what avatar they choose to use. For the record you're one of the better posters here. I get you're a Mayfield fan as well as a Jets fan. I imagine it will be somewhat bittersweet for you to watch your beloved Jets have their way with the Browns in week 1 and win in a route. As long as Mayfield doesn't get hurt, it's a win win for you. Still 15 more games left.

Yup, but I would NEVER make an avatar bet, or wear the t-shirt of an opposing school for a bet.  College football is different though.

I did make a money bet with a group of BIG-10 guys when USC played Penn State in 2009.  They were ER and ICU/CCU travel nurses from various states on the east coast that worked for us.  I bet that USC would beat PS and it would be over in the first half....I would have lost a lot of money if PS had won. I bought a $500 Coach bag and wore to work with my hand out as they piled into the office.  They were so cocky saying they would win.

A nephew of my friend who interned for the Athletic Department let us into the players/family only party after the game. It was a first class event put on by the boosters with music, banquet tables laden with food, open bar with first class booze for the parents and the kids that were legal, and an attentive  serving staff.  When I told them that I won that money because of them, they were pumped and started chanting to me.  I have a video of that party that I’ve only shared straight from my video camera.  

Those guys refused to ever make a money bet with me again.  

13 hours ago, Dcat said:

Good for you!

Ironic or not, you didn't answer the question. Why do you care? 

Why do you want me to answer the question? Is it some sort of emotional need? Do you feel insecure when people don't answer your questions?

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

It is. Since following Mayfield back in 2015/16 and becoming a big fan, it does suck to watch my favorite team play against who's become my favorite player since the immortal Mike Glennon! ??

It'll be an exciting game to watch as well.

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Why do you want me to answer the question? Is it some sort of emotional need? Do you feel insecure when people don't answer your questions?

Not at all.  But I'm always curious as to the excuse for not answering.  It's almost always worse then the answer would be itself.  

Why won't our troll admit he is rooting for Cleveland in week 1?  So he can still give the illusion of his "Jets fandom" here?

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

LOL @ "beloved Jets".  Yeah right.  

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Not at all.  But I'm always curious as to the excuse for not answering.  It's almost always worse then the answer would be itself.  

Why won't our troll admit he is rooting for Cleveland in week 1?  So he can still give the illusion of his "Jets fandom" here? 

One could argue that you're not really a Jets fan, either, for having the most damaging figure to the Jets in the last 5 years as your avatar.

Or are you just trolling?

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

One could argue that you're not really a Jets fan, either, for having the most damaging figure to the Jets in the last 5 years as your avatar.

Or are you just trolling?

Real Jets fans know how much Mac sucks.  See Fire Mac thread!  In fact, it can be argued that wanting to keep Mac is as anti-Jets success as one could be.  Just like Bowles.  

Nice try. But you suck at this. 

What you need me to do is post my adoration and love for a conference adversary.  Good luck finding it.  Criticizing your own team is a sign of dedicated fanhood.  Propping up a rival is not.

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Real Jets fans know how much Mac sucks.  See Fire Mac thread!  In fact, it can be argued that wanting to keep Mac is as anti-Jets success as one could be.  Just like Bowles.  

Nice try. But you suck at this. 

What you need me to do is post my adoration and love for a conference adversary.  Good luck finding it.  Criticizing your own team is a sign of dedicated fanhood.  Propping up a rival is not.

Yeah, but...

Macc is totally in your avatar.

Archived