Browns @ Jets week 1 MNF

Rhg1084

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, section314 said:

That is a very cool story. Just a guess, if you had hung out with Jimi, I'd wager your life might have taken a very different path, and may not have included football.?

Let me just say, I enjoyed my life stone cold sober, I would have been scared out of my wits in that crowd...but boy do I love music, and I was always surrounded by protective guys.  Thank God.

59 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Week 1, it's gonna be all Browns hype and with public always have a negative opinion on the Jets, they'll definitley be a home dawg....would love to see it get over +3.

Over course the Jets were 0-3-1 ATS as home dogs last year...

Different team, different coaches, can't use last years record to mean anything... They actually have a playmaker on offense (Bell, maybe Crowder too), They actually have a defensive QB (Mosley), They have 3 extremely aggressive coaches (Gase, Williams, Boyer). This team with that alone is miles ahead of where they were last year. Smart betters will see this and keep it around Jets +3-+2.5 IMO. 

19 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Let me just say, I enjoyed my life stone cold sober, I would have been scared out of my wits in that crowd...but boy do I love music, and I was always surrounded by protective guys.  Thank God.

Hoping the Jets follow that mantra for Sam.

10 minutes ago, section314 said:

Hoping the Jets follow that mantra for Sam.

*Sam and the offensive line are out at dinner at a fancy steakhouse*

Sam: "Oh, man. I wanted my steak rare. This is well done."

Osemele narrows his eyes

"I'll go talk to the chef."

He gets up from the table, neatly folds his napkin, setting it down next to his plate, and calmly walks to the back of the restaurant and through the swinging doors

*Scuffling sounds and a startled gasp*

"You don't know what 'rare' looks like, huh? Well, let me open you up and show you, you hack bastard!"

The fellow patrons are horrified and look over to Sam and see him leaning back in his chair, elbow propped up comfortably on the cushioned armrest as a lone finger calmly strokes his sideburns. A small, wry smile forms on his face. Ever so small.

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The Browns lost four games by three points or less and closed the year on a 5-3 run. The Jets went 1-9 to close the season and, with rare exception, spent the year getting their ass handed to them. 

This has very little bearing on what the line will be. 

You either don't gamble or you're trolling. Either way, you are clueless if you think the line will be -9. 

I'll bet you any amount of money you are comfortable with that the line will be closer to Browns -3 than Browns -9. 

FYI, to give you a little bit of Vegas context (since you clearly have no idea what you are writing about):

The Browns over/under win total for the season is 9 games. The Jets are currently at 7. 

(Also, if you are going to play the "they were close in a lot of games" angle, then don't you have to mention that the Jets lost SIX games by one score?)

Your trolling isn't as clever as you think it is, friend. 

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

This has very little bearing on what the line will be. 

You either don't gamble or you're trolling. Either way, you are clueless if you think the line will be -9. 

I'll bet you any amount of money you are comfortable with that the line will be closer to Browns -3 than Browns -9. 

FYI, to give you a little bit of Vegas context (since you clearly have no idea what you are writing about):

The Browns over/under win total for the season is 9 games. The Jets are currently at 7. 

(Also, if you are going to play the "they were close in a lot of games" angle, then don't you have to mention that the Jets lost SIX games by one score?)

Your trolling isn't as clever as you think it is, friend. 

This is crazy talk.  The Jets will be favored by 2.5.

Why is everyone afraid of the Cleveland Browns?  Jesus.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

This is crazy talk.  The Jets will be favored by 2.5.

Why is everyone afraid of the Cleveland Browns?  Jesus.

SAR I

I think the Browns will be slight favorites because they are public darlings right now. Either way, it's a one score game. That's the point. 

The Browns aren't New England until proven otherwise. Both the Jets and Browns should be better this year, but what they actually become remains to be seen. 

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

So in essence, anyone who has a photo of a player or representatives of another team on a Jets forum that clearly includes NFL Talk  and fans of the league does all of the above?

You know what's so crazy about this?

I've notice more and more how men (allegedly) have become really comfortable talking about men holding penises, down to the description of position and particular gear required to perform these weird suspect acts. What hetero man writes this to another man? 

This is very suspect and it makes me wonder about writers of things like this, as well as the men (allegedly) who actually supports this type of forum talk with their upvotes and likes. 

Im just saying. You could have called me anything in the world, and your mind decided to go this descriptive.

Folks are telling on themselves.

How old are you Dcat? Are you like a millennial or are you like a 50 year old or something? Im just wondering the age of a person with this level of descriptive interest in acts like this. 

Just stop.None if the above is relevant.  You are not a Jets fan. That's the whole point.  A Jets fan does not flaunt photos of opposing QBs unless it's to ridicule them like Brady. As long as you do that  anything goes. Enjoy your close view of Mayfield's sigmoid. Brown is brown

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Just stop.None if the above is relevant.  You are not a Jets fan. That's the whole point.  A Jets fan does not flaunt photos of opposing QBs unless it's to ridicule them like Brady. As long as you do that  anything goes. Enjoy your close view of Mayfield's sigmoid. Brown is brown

In all fairness, the guy in your avatar has done more damage to the Jets than the guy in his avatar ever will.

7 hours ago, choon328 said:

The Browns are in the exact same situation if you switch OBJ for Bell.

RBs also don't need nearly the time to gel as a WR and QB need.  Lot of timing needs to be worked out, rather get them early.  

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The Browns lost four games by three points or less and closed the year on a 5-3 run. The Jets went 1-9 to close the season and, with rare exception, spent the year getting their ass handed to them. 

The Jets lost six games by one score or less. 

One was to the Browns, in Cleveland.

34 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

@flgreen would rather spend his nights partying hard than be depressed watching a Jets game.

Seems like appropriate fun-party material, to me.

LOL

Yeah, that and the fact that sitting in a traffic jam at 2am isn't really my idea of a party.  

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I agree that Cleveland will be favored and are the better team. But that's not how Vegas works. First off the jets are the home team so thats a built in 3 points. Second you have the unknown of week 1 when spreads are usually smaller due to uncertainty. Lastly you have to figure in the NY money bias that will keep the number smaller. 

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

You know, I had to actually look up what sigmoid was.

And when I found out what it was it only reconfirmed exactly what I said earlier.

smh.

15 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You know, I had to actually look up what sigmoid was.

And when I found out what it was it only reconfirmed exactly what I said earlier.

smh.

The sigmoid is the part of the human body that Browns fans such as yourself can relate to.  

Archived