OBJ goes off on Giants

jetstream23

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

You’re basing this on nothing but they’re both black and eccentric. There’s zero Iverson in Beckham. Iverson was real as hell because of an unbelievably ****ed up past, essentially the Nate Diaz of basketball. Beckham’s a prep school kid of privilege whose attitude is based on being an Instagram influencer. 

Excuse me. Excuse me. Race plays no factor in how I sh*tpost. Google my voting record, sir. I, too, am “real.”

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I think Baker is the goods and can probably compensate for a lot of the nonsense...but Odell wants his 10+ targets regardless. Mayfield seems to be at his best spreading it around. Beckham also drops a lot of passes. It wasn’t a overly necessary trade for the Browns.

I’d imagine the Browns think Odell is just a few degrees of maturity away from being manageable, though. It’s worth the risk for them. 

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

That too.

Cleveland won 7 games last year with Baker.  They were 0-1-2 and on their way to 0-2-1 before he came in against us and led them to the win.  In the previous 3 seasons combined they won a grand total of 4 games.

Beckham had almost 1400 yds and 10 TDs his lone winning season.  He carried an awful QB, one that led that offense to just 17 PPG.  Can you imagine what this guy will do with a good QB?

Landry's numbers went down with a "good QB".  I expect Beckham's to do the same.  Too many mouths to feed.

Manning made household names out of very mediocre talent and won with them.  Weird they started losing consistently once OBJ arrived.  

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I wasn’t calling your mom a tart, it’s just...Iverson is and will always be the man. How dare you. 

It was a massive reach, to be sure. I was trying to think of a supremely talented dude whose antisocial behaviors hurt his career and the two I came up with were JR Rider and AI, and I think Odell is better than JR Rider. Mea Culpa

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Landry's numbers went down with a "good QB".  I expect Beckham's to do the same.  Too many mouths to feed.

Manning made household names out of very mediocre talent and won with them.  Weird they started losing consistently once OBJ arrived.  

The numbers may go down a bit without a QB force-feeding him but he's still going to produce at a high level and make big plays.

Eli always had top notch talent around him. Plax, tiki, toomer, shockey, Nicks, Cruz, Beckham, Barkley,...  The only guy who wasn't highly thought of pre Eli was Cruz and it was pretty obvious what a talent Cruz was when he got his chance.

Beckham arrived in 2014, they had missed the playoffs 4 of the previous 5 years and would miss 4 of the next 5 years.  The only constant?  The QB and

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It was a massive reach, to be sure. I was trying to think of a supremely talented dude whose antisocial behaviors hurt his career and the two I came up with were JR Rider and AI, and I think Odell is better than JR Rider. Mea Culpa

Porzingis

59 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I mentioned in the GM thread that Gettleman was worse than Mac and some were confused by my take.

Pandering to this idiot then signing him to a monster deal (in the first place) then trading him away almost immediately, not getting ANYTHING for Landon Collins, letting go of Snacks for nothing, including Olivier in the trade, NOT picking Sam last year, sticking with Eli way too long, the list goes on and on.

He's awful and has no plan.  

The owners call the shots with the head coach hire and the starting QB in the vast majority of teams and I think it’s obvious with the giants 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

JR Rider was the man! 

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It means nothing when you’re a strong safety who runs a 4.5 and has zero impact on the outcome of the game, yes.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

At positions of importance it does. 

What are OBJ's and Mayfield's excuse? 

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The numbers may go down a bit without a QB force-feeding him but he's still going to produce at a high level and make big plays.

Eli always had top notch talent around him. Plax, tiki, toomer, shockey, Nicks, Cruz, Beckham, Barkley,...  The only guy who wasn't highly thought of pre Eli was Cruz and it was pretty obvious what a talent Cruz was when he got his chance.

Beckham arrived in 2014, they had missed the playoffs 4 of the previous 5 years and would miss 4 of the next 5 years.  The only constant?  The QB and

We are talking about winning games.  Manning had 8 straight season at .500+.  His first losing season was the year before OBJ arrived and then only had 1 winning season since the arrival of OBJ.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

What are OBJ's and Mayfield's excuse? 

Odell doesn't have an excuse.  But we do know its very possible for a WR to put up massive numbers and not win.  So its debatable just how important a prolific WR1 is to a franchise. 

Mayfield went 7-7 as a starter for a team that went 1-31 the previous 2 years and 0-1-1 with Tyrod Taylor under center, so I'd say we're pretty close to calling him a winner entering year 2.  I can't stand the guy, but he had a really good rookie year and had a major impact. 

Just now, JiF said:

We are talking about winning games.  Manning had 8 straight season at .500+.  His first losing season was the year before OBJ arrived and then only had 1 winning season since the arrival of OBJ.

So he started losing before he got there?

Giants win % with Odell 2014-2018: 42%

Without him: 30%

The one year Odell played 16 games they made a rare playoff app.

12 minutes ago, Larz said:

The owners call the shots with the head coach hire and the starting QB in the vast majority of teams and I think it’s obvious with the giants 

The owners got scared because of BS social medias outrage.  Mara was on board with replacing Eli 2 years ago but got spooked with the fake outrage on social media.  In the old days the Giants were well run, they didn't allow the fans to make decisions but with this critical decision they allowed the fans to make it which is why they suck and have no hope.  By the way, those same fans wanted Eli gone prior to the 07 and 11 SB runs.

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Odell doesn't have an excuse.  But we do know its very possible for a WR to put up massive numbers and not win.  So its debatable just how important a prolific WR1 is to a franchise. 

Mayfield went 7-7 as a starter for a team that went 1-31 the previous 2 years and 0-1-1 with Tyrod Taylor under center, so I'd say we're pretty close to calling him a winner entering year 2.  I can't stand the guy, but he had a really good rookie year and had a major impact. 

Mayfield went 6-7 (Taylor started the Jets game and got credit, lol) as a starter and choked when it mattered most losing to a team who has a RB playing QB.  Taylor went 1-1-1 and the year before, took a team to the playoffs who had the longest drought in league.  Who knows, maybe if Taylor stayed the starter they make the playoffs.

Mayfield is good, hate to say it too but it's not because he wants to win...it's because the Browns are a good team with talent everywhere.  Unlike Jamal Adams, who wants to win but is on the worst team in Football.

Do you think Sam Darnold wants to win? 

12 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

So he started losing before he got there?

Giants win % with Odell 2014-2018: 42%

Without him: 30%

The one year Odell played 16 games they made a rare playoff app.

8 straight seasons of .500+ without OBJ.  1 losing season without OBJ. Including 2 SB victories. 

Vs. 4 losing seasons with OBJ, 1 winning season with OBJ.

You pick. 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Mayfield went 6-7 (Taylor started the Jets game and got credit, lol) as a starter and choked when it mattered most losing to a team who has a RB playing QB.  Taylor went 1-1-1 and the year before, took a team to the playoffs who had the longest drought in league.  Who knows, maybe if Taylor stayed the starter they make the playoffs.

Mayfield is good, hate to say it too but it's not because he wants to win...it's because the Browns are a good team with talent everywhere.  Unlike Jamal Adams, who wants to win but is on the worst team in Football.

It's not about simply "wanting to win".  No one wants to lose.  It's about doing the little things that help you win.  Arriving early to the team facility and leaving late.  Getting extra QB/WR reps.  Devouring the playbook in such a way that it would be impossible to not know everyone's assignment on every play and make mistakes in that way. 

I think Darnold does those "little things", yes.  I think Mayfield probably does some of those too.  Not so sure about Odell.  He's relied so much on natural talent his whole life. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Taylor didn't take anyone to the playoffs, he was terrible in 2017.  Buffalo won when their D played great and scored.  In the bills lone playoff game his D only allowed 10 points and lost as tyrod led his O to 3.  The next week that same D allowed 42 points.

They difference in the browns the instant Mayfield checked in was incredible.  We would have beat Cleveland by 20+ had Taylor stayed in.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

8 straight seasons of .500+ without OBJ.  1 losing season without OBJ. Including 2 SB victories. 

Vs. 4 losing seasons with OBJ, 1 winning season with OBJ.

You pick. 

The core of those SB teams were gone or on their way out.  The guys who carried that QB would no longer be there.  With a good QB they wouldn't have been shocking SB wins, they would have been expected.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's not about simply "wanting to win".  No one wants to lose.  It's about doing the little things that help you win.  Arriving early to the team facility and leaving late.  Getting extra QB/WR reps.  Devouring the playbook in such a way that it would be impossible to not know everyone's assignment on every play and make mistakes in that way. 

I think Darnold does those "little things", yes.  I think Mayfield probably does some of those too.  Not so sure about Odell.  He's relied so much on natural talent his whole life. 

The bold is all I'm saying but you started a counterpoint.  lol

And didnt all the hate Mayfield has for Hugh Jackson stem from when he confronted him about being the first in and last out?  So maybe Mayfield doesnt do those little things? idk.

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Taylor didn't take anyone to the playoffs, he was terrible in 2017.  Buffalo won when their D played great and scored.  In the bills lone playoff game his D only allowed 10 points and lost as tyrod led his O to 3.  The next week that same D allowed 42 points.

They difference in the browns the instant Mayfield checked in was incredible.  We would have beat Cleveland by 20+ had Taylor stayed in.

Fact:  Tyrod Taylor was the starting QB for the Buffalo Bills when they made the playoffs for the first time in 20 years.

Would you like to participate in providing facts and not feelings? 

Young black entitled Millennial who thinks he's a superstar and his brand is more important. I can't stand this guy or anybody like him. Blaming the team is classless. He's more concerned with his clown haircut and his clown clothes. Maybe he should have concentrated on being a good leader..and an example as a teammate? La he's going to cry cuz he got kicked out and nobody's impressed with his one handed catches lol! Totally awesome that they traded him to a team with 10 other guys just like him with criminal pasts who are all me guys! I can't wait to watch them in implode! Couldn't have happened to a better example of everything wrong with the current NFL player's mindset. Crying with your clown haircut! Enjoy yourself Superstar LMFAO!!! By the way somebody should teach these guys that there was only one Muhammad Ali. And you're not it.

Archived