Here is who controls this entire draft!!

Greenbloodblitz

Kingsbury, Gruden, Kyler Murray, Josh Rosen, and Derek Carr. What happens with the Cardinals and Raiders will affect many other teams. Including Elway and the Broncos, the Giants, the Redskins, The Bengals and the Dolphins. Absolutely no team in this draft is freaking out about trading up for any defensive players like Quinnen Williams or Nick Bosa. That is just reality. This is going to be a scrappy draft with a lot of movement from many different teams and it all starts with the Quarterback. 7 teams need quarterbacks and there are four possible starters that are iffy at best. We are going to see more trades and movement in this draft than many in the recent past. Mayock and Gruden are going to try their best to make a huge Splash somehow and everyone else is going to have to react. This is an offensive League now. Most of these players are barely first-rounders keep that in mind. Everyone will be scrambling and vying for position including the dreaded New York Jets. If we cant trade down for the huge haul the daydreamers imagine ,we will be very unfortunate to sit there and have to take a defensive player at 3. There are plenty of starters and role players in the first three rounds who can contribute. There are absolutely no franchise players or game changers. Everybody needs to take their head out of the clouds. If we stand Pat at 3 and take one good defensive player and three projects then we have lost. And if we trade down we are not getting the haul we would get in other years if there were significant possible franchise QBs. This is a really weird draft..expect the unexpected.

Just now, Beerfish said:

Well the 1st pick will totally set the tone.  Murray or not Murray will set things up for the rest of the top half of the 1st round.

There are just too many variables between the Cardinals and the Raiders if they take quarterbacks. How many other teams might be willing to trade for Rosen or Carr instead of moving up? Most of the QB's in this draft are barely starters. This really affects about 7 to 10 teams are going to do in my opinion. That's not to say somebody doesn't move up for Haskins or another QB but it definitely affects the Jets and who is available to trade up and down with. There are a few good pass-rushers one really good tight end everybody else is a question mark. It's just my humble opinion, but like I said a very Scrappy up and down draft with a lot of surprises and movement. Lots of Trades of picks and players more so than we've seen in the past. And don't get me wrong I'm all for it I just hope The Jets comes out on top!

3 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

You think the first pick will set the tone? Really?

Mind = blown. 

Well considering how in at least half the drafts the 1st pick is lead pipe cinch decided on ages before hand, yes.  The team at the top is not choosing between 3 QBs on the board like Cleveland did.

Or perhaps it could be the 4th pick in the 3rd round that sets the tone.

10 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

If the Raiders draft a quarterback, you have to think Derek Carr is going to get traded within 24 hours of the pick. If that happens, watch the Giants flip a day 2 draft pick for Carr. 

Or an earlier pick and that's exactly what I'm saying I think there's going to be a lot of that this year

21 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well the 1st pick will totally set the tone.  Murray or not Murray will set things up for the rest of the top half of the 1st round.

I think there's more to it than that. And of course a lot of posters here will Snicker and make wisecracks, but I'm thinking Gruden and Mayock are looking for a three way trade of picks and players. I think them Arizona and possibly the Giants or the Broncos? I think there's going to be a lot of surprises tonight. We will see how this affects the Jets

The only reason Murray is connected to the Cardinals is bc of the comments KK made while he was in College about taking Murray first overall. I've heard that the Cardinals haven't even accepted calls or made calls about trading Rosen. The media is just assuming that's what the Cardinals were thinking.

I have a feeling KK has almost zero say on who the Cardinals will draft at #1. He doesn't have that clout. The majority of Cardinals fans don't want Murray and I have a feeling the owner is not on board with the Murray pick at all. He's the same guy who ok'd a trade up last year to get Rosen. Now all of a sudden he's going to completely change his organization to bring in Murray bc of some dip sh*t college Coach? 

There's a reason rumors are starting to come out that Bosa will be the pick and it's bc the owner won't let them take Murray.

Archived