Jets Snag USC LT Chuma Edoga After Trading up one Spot

JetNation

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I want to know why he traded up the one spot.

Just call him,  I’m sure when he hears that it’s his biggest fan he’ll go out of his way to give you a detailed explanation! ?

35 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I liked this pick after not liking the previous two picks.

These trade up one spot things are curious though.  They reek of a weak gm being taken advantage of.  If I recall he did something similar with Bryce Petty no?

I am happy with all of the picks but am concerned with front office - the trade up looks like a panic move to me

The Vikings took advantage of the situation, enough public information out there to turn the screws, something Mac should have done with the Redskins and the Jets would have a few more good players but hey it the highest drafted OL in Macs career so i will call that improvement 

3 good players for a team that needs good players - happy with that

This was a good draft pick, but the random trade up of one spot was strange.  It’s like Mac kept wanting to trade up and couldn’t do it, and finally did. 

We all knew how valuable OL is and that the decent players would go in the third.  Polite was also a good pick.  We will start the season with Harrison and Toth at center. 

The Vikings called Mac and said :”We know that you need OL and they are all going.  Give us a 7th and we will let you pick the LT from USC.”  

Or more likely the Vikings called and said “we’re about to trade the pick for a 7th. You give us and 7th and we’ll swap with you.”

If Mac really liked the guy then it’s a smart move. Don’t risk losing your guy over a 7th.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24:25:31

12 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

I am happy with all of the picks but am concerned with front office - the trade up looks like a panic move to me

The Vikings took advantage of the situation, enough public information out there to turn the screws, something Mac should have done with the Redskins and the Jets would have a few more good players but hey it the highest drafted OL in Macs career so i will call that improvement 

3 good players for a team that needs good players - happy with that

I think the trade happened b/c McGovern went to the cowboys 2 picks before and the jets probably had him cued up, so when he disappeared, the jets had to make sure they got another preffered OL

15 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think the trade happened b/c McGovern went to the cowboys 2 picks before and the jets probably had him cued up, so when he disappeared, the jets had to make sure they got another preffered OL

Agree, the Vikings front office apparently knew that too - Jets FO got schooled

worth the price, I have no issues with the pick - glad to reunite Chuma with Sam

Any OL on the Cowboys getting replaced by McGovern?

My thought was if the Jets FO did that to Washington they could have had Bradbury C, Greedy CB and another first round pick next year...  

Williams brothers will be great, hopefully an upgrade to Sons of Anarchy

11 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Or more likely the Vikings called and said “we’re about to trade the pick for a 7th. You give us and 7th and we’ll swap with you.”

If Mac really liked the guy then it’s a smart move. Don’t risk losing your guy over a 7th.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24:25:31

The Vikings owed us one for the Barr fiasco. 

No doubt they got a higher 7th than in other deal but losing out on a Tackle at that point would have been frustrating.

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I want to know why he traded up the one spot.

Only reason to move up 1 would be if they thought the Viks were gonna take him. No other viable reason to give up a pick to move one up.

23 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

Only reason to move up 1 would be if they thought the Viks were gonna take him. No other viable reason to give up a pick to move one up.

Or if another team was looking to move up ahead of us to get the guy we wanted.

Archived