Godzilla: Monster Island Mafia (Game End)

45 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Hey guys I will be around very sporadically this weekend.  My brother is getting married on Sunday and I have a lot to do but I should be around every so often.  Maybe not so much on Sunday.  

ugh I hate it when family members get married and you end up getting chores.  The only chore you should have is showing up.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nolder said:

It ended because I ended it.

Yes I needed the votes to get me there but had the situation been different no one else would have done it.

We'd just keep playing until spoot set a deadline and then we'd play right up to the deadline.

Sorry to be a downer but I don't really have much faith in anyone here to end a day decisively anymore.

Everyone is too scared of being wrong to throw a hammer and it's why games drag forever.

It was quick and kind of unexpected. But also, kind of refreshing. It was like playing with @BrickTamland again. 

I do agree, if it went another few hours 80 probably doesn't get hammered.

for Brick:

7279678.gif.70ca8d471425373ab26becb49128bf51.gif

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, CTM said:

Bah, both the cartel and the government have high incentive to keep the hotel zone safe. Gotta keep those gringo dollars coming in.

There is no travel advisory for those areas 

https://ktla.com/2019/02/16/5-dead-5-wounded-in-cancun-after-gunmen-burst-into-bar-and-open-fire/

There is a level 2 advisory right now for the Cancun area.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Mexico.html

25 minutes ago, Nolder said:

There are no restrictions on travel for U.S. government employees in Quintana Roo state, which include tourist areas in: Cancun, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, and the Riviera Maya.

Its the hotel.district that has no restriction 

The first Night was long and lonesome, with each monster finding a nice cave, burrow, or pocket of dense forest in which to tuck themselves in safe for the night... or so they thought they'd be. A powerful storm raged all night with winds that bent trees and loosened rock, and rain that pummeled the Earth with the strength of a meteor shower. Amidst the whirling, crying winds, the monsters thought they could hear the faint sounds of a struggle. But, daring not to weather the storm, they sat silently until morning, when they hoped they'd find everyone present and accounted for.

When morning light finally broke through, dissipating the remnants of the night's storm, the monsters emerged to their worst horrors imagined. A shock rippled through each and every one of them. How could it be? Can this be real? How can any of us be safe?

Spoiler

3084390614_11c2992374_o.jpg&key=8c9b6b69

Nolder -- Godzilla, King of the Monsters -- Vanilla Town has been killed.

It is now Day, with 9 players alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

5 hours ago, CTM said:

There are no restrictions on travel for U.S. government employees in Quintana Roo state, which include tourist areas in: Cancun, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, and the Riviera Maya.

Its the hotel.district that has no restriction 

An advisory is not a restriction.

You can go but it's not the safest of places.

4 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

The first Night was long and lonesome, with each monster finding a nice cave, burrow, or pocket of dense forest in which to tuck themselves in safe for the night... or so they thought they'd be. A powerful storm raged all night with winds that bent trees and loosened rock, and rain that pummeled the Earth with the strength of a meteor shower. Amidst the whirling, crying winds, the monsters thought they could hear the faint sounds of a struggle. But, daring not to weather the storm, they sat silently until morning, when they hoped they'd find everyone present and accounted for.

When morning light finally broke through, dissipating the remnants of the night's storm, the monsters emerged to their worst horrors imagined. A shock rippled through each and every one of them. How could it be? Can this be real? How can any of us be safe?

Hide contents

3084390614_11c2992374_o.jpg&key=8c9b6b69

Nolder -- Godzilla, King of the Monsters -- Vanilla Town has been killed.

It is now Day, with 9 players alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

In the famous words of my character GRRAAAAAAHHWRHWHRWWRRRRRRRR!

That will be all.

Gl to everyone.

• Sympathy 1

Lets generate content .

So when I saw the character I thought we had lost a PR but was surprised to see VT. Considering theres a no character reveal rule I wouldve bet crushers dinner bill that Godzilla wouldve been a top PR.

I think it's odd that people are posting and not commenting on it.

FOS lizzie, nyn, crusher and  jetscode

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, CTM said:

Lets generate content .

So when I saw the character I thought we had lost a PR but was surprised to see VT. Considering theres a no character reveal rule I wouldve bet crushers dinner bill that Godzilla wouldve been a top PR.

I didn’t read it before my last post. Yes, thought same thing, odd Godzilla wasn’t rolled. 

10 hours ago, CTM said:

Lets generate content .

I was looking for Godzilla. I actually went to the point of asking is he good or bad? So why are you allowed to be surprised that she was vanilla but if I ask what alignment, it’s fos? Unless of course . 

• Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

It's flavor. Who knows what went through spoot's head at that moment, but more importantly, why does it matter? Flip says vt. Enough said.

Im aware its flavor, it's just weird that Spoot would make a no character reveal rule and then have the main character be VT.

I was just surprised nobody who was in thread commented on it and I thought that's interesting enough to start actual content.

29 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

I was looking for Godzilla. I actually went to the point of asking is he good or bad? So why are you allowed to be surprised that she was vanilla but if I ask what alignment, it’s fos? Unless of course . 

Yes I'm aware., my fos was about how you ignored the death and flip entirely. I didnt fos you for asking about alignment 

2 hours ago, CTM said:

Im aware its flavor, it's just weird that Spoot would make a no character reveal rule and then have the main character be VT.

I was just surprised nobody who was in thread commented on it and I thought that's interesting enough to start actual content.

I don't bother with discussions about flavor because any game where flavor is telling irt alignment is broken imo and I'd like to think Spoot is better than that. There is no rule that says that when you pick a theme the good and bad guys in the movie/series/book and so on have to be the good and bad guys in the game accordingly. As a mod I have mixed up characters in the past.

I don't know why spoot decided not to allow character reveals. Though with Nolder's flip in mind, he might have because it could inadvertently lead to a mislynch or getting cleared with no basis cause players would read something into it that just isn't there.

But this type of speculation gets us no where irt finding scum so, again, don't see the point in it.

3 hours ago, CTM said:

Yes I'm aware., my fos was about how you ignored the death and flip entirely. I didnt fos you for asking about alignment 

How did I ignore the death and flip btw when my original question was strictly on what his alignment was...I got my answer. What kind of reply were you looking for 

29 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

How did I ignore the death and flip btw when my original question was strictly on what his alignment was...I got my answer. What kind of reply were you looking for 

Any really.

44 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

I'm still confident in my Nyn read.  Could also vote GATA and JiF for making my use the "Shift" key.  I guess CTM falls in that category as well.  

Who is not voting?

Well one can be confidently wrong. Explain?

shift key sus is legit lol

1 hour ago, Lizard King said:

So you had no expectations.. you’re just trying to stir something up out of nothing. Town move brah

Yes, as fun and helpful as it was speed lynching 80 and listening to your paranoid theories about him voting you, I thought we might try prodding people on game content today.