What's Your Level of Faith in Sam Darnold?

slats

Darnold Faith?   

179 members have voted

1. 1. Scale of 1-10, 1 is he hasn't done anything and I need convincing and 10 is I know in my heart that he's the one, where do you stand?

I think the moves the Jets made in the offseason make me feel good about Darnold's chances. Clearly, he's of the same physical ability as any of the top-tier QBs in the league. He seems to avoid the killer mistake, which is really the biggest positive. With other Jets QBs, they were in many cases known for the screw up: the Butt Fumbler, FitzMagic, Geno Smith.

Darnold seems to be big enough for the expectations.

That said, I really think the Jets are more talented on offense than they've been in some time. Even their scrubs seem to have the physical measurables, if not great records of success. I'm concerned about depth but what team isn't worried about a rash of injuries? 

I'm happy the OL seems way better than in the past. If that's true, then I'm confident I won't have to worry about Darnold being the PoF (Point of Failure).

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I do wonder, pessimist that I am, if Jets Fan Nation has perhaps.....too high expectations.

I’m wondering why other Jet fans’s optimism concerns you. 

Do my wildly high expectations effect your pessimism? 

Do you watch games and Sam differently knowing that there are strangers out there with possibly unattainable hopes? Do you think those expectations can effect play on the field?

You don’t even give credence to what coaches and players or social media or reporters say, why do you care what fans think?

23 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

not much hedging going on here huh

No need.... This kid is the real deal.... When was the last time you saw a QB this good in year 2 on the Jets... When its obvious, its abundantly obvious. There is nothing to question here. Will there be bad games, growing pains, INTs... of course but this kid has an it factor that we fans have rarely seen.

Sanchez was always wishing and hoping he would read defenses and get better.

Geno was always a wish and a hope

Chad had the start of this feeling but didn't have the talent that this kid shows

Kellen was never good enough to start

Kenny O? maybe but couldn't escape the pocket and throw on the run like this kid

Todd, couldn't stop throwing to the other team and didn't have the accuracy of Sam

Namath ... 

On 8/22/2019 at 9:28 AM, Warfish said:

And yet Sanchez was clearly the better Professional, not that that is saying much.  Geno was and is the definition of a bust QB.  Fell out of the first because enough teams knew he was immature and unsuited to the challenge of the pro level, failed utterly as a starter, got his nose broke over ripping off a teammate, lost his job, can't earn another, now a professional clipboard holder.  

IK Enemkpali broke Geno Smith's JAW, not his nose.