Home Opener - Tailgating Menu (JN Group Outing)

Thanks everyone who came out to the tailgate. Returned the rental truck and put everything away. We stayed after the game for like two hours. Just couldn't even think about driving home, needed to get over that loss.

Great meeting so many new people and it was great seeing so many that came to the game last year.

I have the group photo, I will post that tomorrow.

Thanks!

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

So I just wanted to thank everyone for coming out. Sorry the game didn't end better but I think the tailgate ended up being a lot of fun. I wish I had more time that day to talk to everyone, but it was great meeting a lot of people for the first time. The final head count was 68 people. I think the food was good.  :)

Really appreciate that so many people joined us. I know we wanted to do an October game, a lot of you said the opener was tougher to make schedule wise. Next year hopefully the schedule breaks down a little differently. I think the 2nd home game would probably be the best. Just didn't work out that way this year because that game is on a Monday night.

Anyhow, thanks everyone! I had a lot of fun, hope you all did as well.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

So I just wanted to thank everyone for coming out. Sorry the game didn't end better but I think the tailgate ended up being a lot of fun. I wish I had more time that day to talk to everyone, but it was great meeting a lot of people for the first time. The final head count was 68 people. I think the food was good.  :)

Really appreciate that so many people joined us. I know we wanted to do an October game, a lot of you said the opener was tougher to make schedule wise. Next year hopefully the schedule breaks down a little differently. I think the 2nd home game would probably be the best. Just didn't work out that way this year because that game is on a Monday night.

Thanks again man. I’ll see you for the next one. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thanks Phil.  Was an awesome day (despite the outcome).  Appreciate all of the hard work you put into making this work.  Great meeting you and so many other JN regulars.  Only thing missing was a team sponsored, pre-game kicker tryout in the parking lot.  Maybe one of us could have helped salvage the win.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

The Jets want me to pay $200 to reserve our group for next year. If I do it this week we do get priority choice on seats.

I am going to do it. We can pick a game next year when the schedule comes out. I think we had 50 at the game & tailgate two years ago and we sold 100 tickets this year \ 75 tailgated with us. But it is going to be a presale only this year. I was like a scalper peddling tickets definitely not doing that again.  :)

When I have the info we will post a link and if 50 people buy that is great, if 200 people buy that is great. But whoever pays is how many tickets I will buy. Last year I had 100 tickets (we sold them all) and a $10,000 invoice I had to pay. That wasn't fun lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2019 at 2:40 PM, Maxman said:

The Jets want me to pay $200 to reserve our group for next year. If I do it this week we do get priority choice on seats.

I am going to do it. We can pick a game next year when the schedule comes out. I think we had 50 at the game & tailgate two years ago and we sold 100 tickets this year \ 75 tailgated with us. But it is going to be a presale only this year. I was like a scalper peddling tickets definitely not doing that again.  :)

When I have the info we will post a link and if 50 people buy that is great, if 200 people buy that is great. But whoever pays is how many tickets I will buy. Last year I had 100 tickets (we sold them all) and a $10,000 invoice I had to pay. That wasn't fun lol.

So I paid $400 just now in case we want to do two games. 

They credit the money to my season ticket bill if we don't do any group outings. So there isn't a lot of risk, worst case I just prepaid for next year.  :)

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...
On 11/27/2019 at 11:47 PM, Maxman said:

So I paid $400 just now in case we want to do two games. 

They credit the money to my season ticket bill if we don't do any group outings. So there isn't a lot of risk, worst case I just prepaid for next year.  :)

I'm not sure how I ended up in this thread right now considering it's months old, but good news! We had a good time last year and will definitely come again

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CTM said:

If Crusher actually shows up this year we can beat that azz

This year we are going to get Crusher to pick the date based on his schedule. And we will all work around him.  We can move heaven and earth. Or we can move Crusher. Moving heaven and earth might be easier.  :)

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

This year we are going to get Crusher to pick the date based on his schedule. And we will all work around him.  We can move heaven and earth. Or we can move Crusher. Moving heaven and earth might be easier.  :)

Crusher and I went to the same summer camp. Called "chimps and blimps." Back then we would rub food on the other children to get Crusher to play. It worked well, until he ate that one kid. 

• Haha 1