Please Calm Down

So a little RL perspective here.

My kiddos play rec soccer.  You can staple your sign up sheets during registration with friends and play on the same team.  Well, this travel team signed up as a whole and pretty much use Saturday mornings as a scrimmage and absolutely demolish every other team.  My sons team got blanked and looked for the most part lost and overmatched.  But!!! an interesting thing happened the next week.  they looked amazing, and controlled the whole game against their opponents on their way to a convincing win.

Lots of similarities here with last nights game.  Defending SB champs with lil bill as their DC vs us with a new HC/GM 2nd year qb coming off a year we drafted 3rd...  the jets fan in me wanted to believe we had a punchers chance last night but that was a pipe dream.  

Let's hope that we can learn from this dominating exhibition that the isht stain patriots put on us and get better from it.  We wont face a team like that again until next year.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

quote from 'whodeawhodat'

"Let's hope that we can learn from this dominating exhibition that the isht stain patriots put on us and get better from it.  We wont face a team like that again until next year. "

I certainly learned one thing last night - Gase needs to go. 

edit - just to be clear ?

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 3

tell u what u write checks to cover all of my psls  and season ticket money I have spent over the years and I will calm down-if you go to a nice restaurant to eat and the food is raw, dirty and makes u sick do you calm down and have patience?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, kmnj said:

tell u what u write checks to cover all of my psls  and season ticket money I have spent over the years and I will calm down-if you go to a nice restaurant to eat and the food is raw, dirty and makes u sick do you calm down and have patience?

I meant to mention that I felt for anyone that went and witnessed that JV vs Varsity game in person.... except SAR, he is just easy to not like on this forum. was hoping it would rain on his section.

8 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

So a little RL perspective here.

My kiddos play rec soccer.  You can staple your sign up sheets during registration with friends and play on the same team.  Well, this travel team signed up as a whole and pretty much use Saturday mornings as a scrimmage and absolutely demolish every other team.  My sons team got blanked and looked for the most part lost and overmatched.  But!!! an interesting thing happened the next week.  they looked amazing, and controlled the whole game against their opponents on their way to a convincing win.

Lots of similarities here with last nights game.  Defending SB champs with lil bill as their DC vs us with a new HC/GM 2nd year qb coming off a year we drafted 3rd...  the jets fan in me wanted to believe we had a punchers chance last night but that was a pipe dream.  

Let's hope that we can learn from this dominating exhibition that the isht stain patriots put on us and get better from it.  We wont face a team like that again until next year.

there's an adult at JetNation!!!!

cheers

I'm mad as hell and will not apologize for it.  A crappy roster, a crappy coach, crappy ownership, and our beloved franchise QB played like he was blindfolded this weekend!  If you can't get upset about a game like this, when the hell is it ok to get upset????

We've all invested a lot of time, emotion, and money on this team over the years and games like this get you literally sick to your stomach.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1