Could someone please lay out the argument for season ticket ownership?

I also am married and have a 2.5 year old son.  When he’s older he will attend games with me and it will be our father son time.
I used to have the same view as you, and then both of my kids got heavily involved in sports - playing, not watching. Dropped the season tixx 10 years ago after 2-3 years of only being able to attend a game or two a year. I'm still years away from having control of my weekends. But when we can go, we do - 1 or 2 games a year, we stub hub, sit in great seats and thoroughly enjoy... well, the tailgating anyway. 

Nah no need to apologize. I get it and I struggled for years financially. Legit had to put the season ticket bill on my credit card. Things are much better at work now switching over to sales helped.    So I don't have to sweat the money side like I did back in the day.
Trust me though, I 100% get the premise and I am not disagreeing with that. Even with what RJF said, you can do it cheaper and sit in the same area. I respect people that do that. I just hate when people tell me I am dumb for being a loyal fan. I do get the frustration all around though.

“I just hate when people tell me I’m dumb for being a loyal fan.”

I would say objectively and based on recent history we are all pretty dumb to continue with this much loyalty. Doesn’t stop us though, I still treat each week as a new beginning only to end curled up in the corner sucking my thumb and praying for God’s mercy!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

I was not trying to offend anyone that has season tickets as I stated I looked forward to home games when I had the tickets and applaud each one of you that owns them for the economic and also emotional commitment you give this franchise each year. To spend an afternoon with your son , daughter family and friends is time well spent  and will be looked upon with great fondness of the time that you did share with sons and daughters. ( case in point that my friends still remember that my dad may he Rest In Peace took a bunch of to the first home NY Mets game at the Polo Grounds in 62 we were all of 4 & 5 year olds  those are priceless memories) Would never tell anyone how to spend their hard earned money. If you enjoy it then go for it. Season ticket ownership for me personally just doesn’t have the same appeal as it once had. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, CSNY said:

I was not trying to offend anyone that has season tickets as I stated I looked forward to home games when I had the tickets and applaud each one of you that owns them for the economic and also emotional commitment you give this franchise each year. To spend an afternoon with your son , daughter family and friends is time well spent  and will be looked upon with great fondness of the time that you did share with sons and daughters. ( case in point that my friends still remember that my dad may he Rest In Peace took a bunch of to the first home NY Mets game at the Polo Grounds in 62 we were all of 4 & 5 year olds  those are priceless memories) Would never tell anyone how to spend their hard earned money. If you enjoy it then go for it. Season ticket ownership for me personally just doesn’t have the same appeal as it once had. 

Many of us echo your experience and sentiments 

Other than not being able to attend due to kids sports, it was really the PSL that did me in. I would have flipped the seats for a decade, as it is I sold a set of 4 for about 10 seasons at face value (always to a Jets fan!) and had another seat with 7 HS friends since the early 90s, both sets moved over to near the 50 by 2005, in the first few rows of the upper deck and I was happy there. But to get an equal view I would have had to drop 40-60k in PSLs, plus several hundred per game per ticket, and I wasn't willing to do that knowing I'd only get to a game a year. That flexibility is gone now, IMO.

6 minutes ago, isired said:

Other than not being able to attend due to kids sports, it was really the PSL that did me in. I would have flipped the seats for a decade, as it is I sold a set of 4 for about 10 seasons at face value (always to a Jets fan!) and had another seat with 7 HS friends since the early 90s, both sets moved over to near the 50 by 2005, in the first few rows of the upper deck and I was happy there. But to get an equal view I would have had to drop 40-60k in PSLs, plus several hundred per game per ticket, and I wasn't willing to do that knowing I'd only get to a game a year. That flexibility is gone now, IMO.

Geesh. 40-60k for the opportunity to watch this over the past decade. I feel sorry for people.  

On 11/5/2019 at 9:21 PM, ECURB said:

I find it weird how the "anti psl" and season ticket folks get so riled up.

Why does it bother you so much that I waste money on tickets? I could find a million things you waste money on but I don't care.

the anti pslers like me dont get riled up about what you spend your money on, its your dough do what you want, enjoy yourself. thats what makes this country great, you can do what you want and i applaud you for doing what you want.

an anti psler like myself gets bothered when certain season ticket folk call anti pslers... broke losers that live in mommys basement. if i dont judge people how they spend money, then they shouldnt judge me how i choose not to spend my money

i gave up my tickets when the PSLs come about, My brother, uncle, father and myself went to 90% of games since 1992, i kept every stub, i have them in a photo album. the best days of my life and i cherish every moment. but we decided that spending the money which would have went to PSLs, to buy a family home that we could all use in south carolina was money better spent.

have fun at the games, i enjoyed going