Could someone please lay out the argument for season ticket ownership?

On 11/3/2019 at 7:44 PM, Lizard King said:

I know a lot of people have seats, I have family that goes back decades with them, we have had great memories with people who are no longer with us and the Jets made up a lot of those moments. but for crying out loud people.

If you buy season tickets you’re a fool. Not only can get seats for pennies on the dollar.  If your fire department or your doctor or anyone else you expected to perform a service, even your ******* gardener, let weeds grow in your lawn for summer after summer, would you keep hiring them?

Who actually expected this to go any differently? I didn’t watch a second of this game and I don’t regret it for a minute. I polished up my resume and played with my kids.

This team for 8 years now has shown absolutely, and I mean completely, no interest in actually bettering themselves. You could argue longer but I’ll give woody a break on hiring Rex from a hot Ravens squad.  

I'm interested to know why people keep supporting this. Vote with your feet. Make these Front office assholes who market phrases like “Jet Up” instead of completely restructuring the organization dump unsold seats on Ticketmaster so you can do what You’d do with anything else that was garbage, buy low or don’t buy at all. 

I'm sorry again because I know I offended a lot of you. But come on. Money makes things happen. Stop giving your money away. 

I have season tickets because I committed a crime and the bastard Judge sentenced me to them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 10:01 PM, Maxman said:

This. 

My son went to his first game when he was 4. He started going to every game when he was 5. He wasn't allowed to go to night games back then but he went to every other game. When he was in 5th grade he had to miss two games for basketball. In 6th grade he said I don't want to play basketball. The only other games he missed were when he was playing college football and his coach made the team do Sunday meetings.

They could have lost every game in that time and it still would be worth it for me.

I think Shane was seven or eight years old the first time I tailgated with him. Seems like yesterday. I have always admired both yours and his dedication not only to the games but to each other making the time to spend the days, nights and weekends together.

• Upvote 1

I don't see the upside right now. Depending on where you live in NY, the stadium is a trip. The team is very bad and the stadium experience/atmosphere is also sub-par (probably because the team is very bad).

I had season tickets through the end of the Rex era. The 2010 season was a thing of beauty - the great home record, the wins that came in the final seconds, and just the team overall made everything worthwhile.

Until this team is good again, it's just pissing in the wind. I'd rather be able to see the 4:15 or night games and not waste my entire day just to see the Jets get blown out at home and have a bunch of invading fans chanting for their team.

1 hour ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

I think Shane was seven or eight years old the first time I tailgated with him. Seems like yesterday. I have always admired both yours and his dedication not only to the games but to each other making the time to spend the days, nights and weekends together.

Thanks @De-Jet-Erate/Duane! Shane has been through a lot and he told me at the last Patriots game:

When Brady and Belichick are done and the Patriots suck, I am going to Foxboro for a game. I am not leaving until I am in handcuffs.

Never was I more proud of that boy. I feel like I am raising him right.  :)

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

I don't see the upside right now. Depending on where you live in NY, the stadium is a trip. The team is very bad and the stadium experience/atmosphere is also sub-par (probably because the team is very bad).

I had season tickets through the end of the Rex era. The 2010 season was a thing of beauty - the great home record, the wins that came in the final seconds, and just the team overall made everything worthwhile.

Until this team is good again, it's just pissing in the wind. I'd rather be able to see the 4:15 or night games and not waste my entire day just to see the Jets get blown out at home and have a bunch of invading fans chanting for their team.

This is a REALLY good point and a big factor for me. I get that some people are on the other side. For me though, Turnpike South, I am home in 45 minutes when there is no traffic. If I was crossing a few rivers and paying $30 in tolls to get there I would be changing my vote for sure.

40 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Thanks @De-Jet-Erate/Duane! Shane has been through a lot and he told me at the last Patriots game:

When Brady and Belichick are done and the Patriots suck, I am going to Foxboro for a game. I am not leaving until I am in handcuffs.

Never was I more proud of that boy. I feel like I am raising him right.  :)

Let me know when me and the boys will roadtrip up with ya!!

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

You live in a fantasy land. You live in a dimension so twisted that you actually just referred to the NY Jets as an AFC elite team. Even in the best of times this team has never been in the category of elite. They suck at football. They have for years. They suck at drafting. They have for decades.

Whatever you're smoking has to be powerful. You are the Idi Amin of Internet Message Board Trolls. 

I have no idea who you are.

You show up every time the Jets hit rock bottom, like it's some sort of party-time for you SOJF Victim's Club losers, you roll around like pigs in a trough, dancing and singing because the Jets misery apparently is finally equal to that of your own.

You are not a fan.  And calling me a troll is about the funniest thing I've read this week.  You should be ashamed of yourself, feasting on the dissapointed corpses of real fans.

SAR I

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Dumb post. People go for the experience, to bond, to make friends and to root for their team. Some things in life aren’t just about wins and loses. I hate losing but not giving up my tickets 

+1

I am taking names of all the posters covering themselves in their own blood and relishing this moment of Jets inferiority, dancing on the bodies and spirits of those of us who try to support the team.

When we start winning, and that's very soon, they are not welcome here.  Blacklisted.  They wear the Scarlett J.

SAR I

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

+1

I am taking names of all the posters covering themselves in their own blood and relishing this moment of Jets inferiority, dancing on the bodies and spirits of those of us who try to support the team.

When we start winning, and that's very soon, they are not welcome here.  Blacklisted.  They wear the Scarlett J.

SAR I

You’ve been saying this for 8 years. I don’t think your argument works well. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

+1

SAR I

So what's involved with a SAR I blacklist?

10 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

You’ve been saying this for 8 years. I don’t think your argument works well. 

No, I have not.  I haven't believed in a Jets team's ability to make the playoffs since 2011.  From there we quickly went Tony Sporano, Tim Tebow, Geno Smith, Todd Bowles, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bryce Petty.  This was the first year I was bullish on the Jets since Mark Sanchez was scapegoated out of town.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Your name gets put on it.  Then when we turn the corner and are competitive again the list gets published and those on it feel shame.

SAR I

Published where?  I'm debating signing up but the package feels a bit light. 

• Haha 1

I had them for 2 years but dumped them. The product is bad, tickets are cheaper on stubhub, and I don't feel like driving from CT to NJ 8 times a year. 

But I also wont judge how people spend their time and money. Credit to the people who still show up weekly and enjoy it. If people have an attachment to their section, traditions etc good for them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Years ago when I had season tickets (purchased 2 tickets for $144.00 section 26 row J seats one and two first year of the Michaels era had them for twenty years) there was no comparison what was better Seeing the game live or watching on TV.Being at the game was awesome. It was an event that people wanted to go to and tickets were difficult to get  The flow of the game was much crisper not as many stoppages of play. Cold weather rain whatever it was great. Even when the Jets were horrible during that time I would look forward to home games just to hang out with the friends that I made over the years sitting in that section. Now I cant see myself go to a Jets game in person ( granted I am quite a bit older now but I can’t see myself sitting in the rain getting soaked or freezing in the cold given the state of this team over the past decade or so and going to the game just isn’t as special as it was ( just look at the lack of a waiting list nowadays)  I applaud the Commitment of season tickets holders to this organization now given the expense of the PSL the exorbitant parking and what they pass off as draft beer prices the mandatory purchase of meaningless exhibition games etc etc. just can’t bring myself to go. Would rather take that money that I would spend on the Jets and go further south on the GSP to the Borgata play some craps and place a wager on the game ( which I now do once a month) So keep the faith I am with you in spirit 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CSNY said:

Years ago when I had season tickets (purchased 2 tickets for $144.00 section 26 row J seats one and two first year of the Michaels era had them for twenty years) there was no comparison what was better Seeing the game live or watching on TV.Being at the game was awesome. It was an event that people wanted to go to and tickets were difficult to get  The flow of the game was much crisper not as many stoppages of play. Cold weather rain whatever it was great. Even when the Jets were horrible during that time I would look forward to home games just to hang out with the friends that I made over the years sitting in that section. Now I cant see myself go to a Jets game in person ( granted I am quite a bit older now but I can’t see myself sitting in the rain getting soaked or freezing in the cold given the state of this team over the past decade or so and going to the game just isn’t as special as it was ( just look at the lack of a waiting list nowadays)  I applaud the Commitment of season tickets holders to this organization now given the expense of the PSL the exorbitant parking and what they pass off as draft beer prices the mandatory purchase of meaningless exhibition games etc etc. just can’t bring myself to go. Would rather take that money that I would spend on the Jets and go further south on the GSP to the Borgata play some craps and place a wager on the game ( which I now do once a month) So keep the faith I am with you in spirit 

Im not ready to abandon ship yet. Even a crappy wooden ship.  I guess you cut your hair!   I Almost cut my hair the other day too. Was getting kinda long. Could have said it was in my way.  But I didn't and I wonder why (still a STH). I feel like letting my Jets flag fly.

Because I feel like I owe it to someone.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Im not ready to abandon ship yet. Even a crappy wooden ship.  I guess you cut your hair!   I Almost cut my hair the other day too. Was getting kinda long. Could have said it was in my way.  But I didn't and I wonder why (still a STH). I feel like letting my Jets flag fly.

Because I feel like I owe it to someone.

Dcat it has been longer than 4&20 years ago that the Jets won the Super Bowl but we still are Helplessy Hoping for another Super Bowl victory and will continue to Carry On ?

• Upvote 2

On 11/4/2019 at 4:35 PM, kmnj said:

if serious I will sell you two of mine at a nice loss for me

Ask for more than you paid, Sar l can afford it, and if he won't pay it please tell us all about it...I am sure that narcissistic obnoxious windbag would be happy to overpay..otherwise he would be a phony...

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, ECURB said:

I find it weird how the "anti psl" and season ticket folks get so riled up.

Why does it bother you so much that I waste money on tickets? I could find a million things you waste money on but I don't care.

This is the eternal question. There is no sensible answer. 

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

+1

SAR I

Just like you took names a few weeks ago when you tried to shame the board into collectively apologizing to our “fearless leader” Christopher Johnson? You are irrelevant at this point, showed your ass to the entire board. I would just hush at this point. 

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Anyone who is seeking an economic justification for season ticket ownership has already made up their mind.

Yeah except those of us that bought tickets don't need justification. It is actually people who DONT have them that seem to care... Makes no sense.

25 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Yeah except those of us that bought tickets don't need justification. It is actually people who DONT have them that seem to care... Makes no sense.

Exactly. If you are considering it as an economic decision, probably not for you.

• Upvote 1

Never was a season ticket holder (don't live in NY/NJ anymore) but I do see the argument to be a STH.  If the purpose is to spend time with family and friends and casually watch the game, then that is a win.  It is so hard these days to get people out of the house and put their electronics away, even for a few hours.  If going to a Jets game accomplishes this and the whole family has a good time, regardless of the product on the field, then, again, win.  

Now if the goal is only to go and watch competitive football, then yes, being a Jets STH is the equivalent of getting root canal without anesthesia 8x a year and paying more than the dudes next to you did for the same thing.

Ive only been to 2 Jets games and they convincingly lost both times.  But you know what, I had a great time both times.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Just like you took names a few weeks ago when you tried to shame the board into collectively apologizing to our “fearless leader” Christopher Johnson? You are irrelevant at this point, showed your ass to the entire board. I would just hush at this point. 

JOJOTOWNSELL HAS BEEN ADDED TO 2020 SOJF BLACKLIST

DATE BLACKLISTING WILL BE LIFTED: FEBRUARY 8, 2021 10:41AM

SAR I

On 11/3/2019 at 8:43 PM, dbatesman said:

It’s essentially a five-figure donation to a billion-dollar corporation, so the only defense is that it allows you to affect a posture of superiority on a message board. 

The beauty of this world is you don’t have to participate, can watch games on tv and be a part of that same message board.  
Have to laugh at trying to pass off our love of live sports and what we get out of it as donations to a Corp etc.  

13 hours ago, ECURB said:

I find it weird how the "anti psl" and season ticket folks get so riled up.

Why does it bother you so much that I waste money on tickets? I could find a million things you waste money on but I don't care.

Started wasting my money in 77.  I don’t care who thinks it was a waste of time and money either

• Upvote 1

I'll never tell someone else how to spend their disposable income. Some people like a nice car, some people want a vacation home, some people like extravagant vacations. Some people like to tailgate with family and friends and support their favorite team.

That said, I've gone to at least one Jets game every year since 1999 (usually 2-3) and this is the first year that I just can't justify it. The team is so non-competitive that it's not worth my time to watch them on TV, let alone to pay large sums of money to travel to the swamps of New Jersey and sit in the cold surrounded by jeering fans of the other team. The product they're producing just isn't worth seeing and the in-stadium experience is increasingly becoming a net-negative.

• Upvote 2