Josh Allen...

allen lost that game as much as he put the bills in position to win it.  everyone on the planet knows you don't lose red zone position or field goal range position in the fourth qtr when the game is on the line.  that allen did it twice is amazing.  i don't think i'd ever want him at qb in a 4th down situation, except maybe 4th and 1.

Allen made some real boneheaded plays ...but the biggest bone headed play was 2 NFL defenders hammered Watson and neither one of them bothered to wrap up the QB to secure the tackle, basic fundamental football . Rather than blame those guys for terrible play they decide to tell you how great Watson is or was on that play and to some extent he was. Someone should remind people you can't bring down NFL players by not wrapping them up especially big QB's that are hard to take down to begin with. Big Ben made a career of breaking poor tackles by players who think they can just knock him down with a big hit.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, southtown24th said:

agreed.

Darnold was killed all year for taking sacks, not protecting the ball, throwing into coverage, etc. and Josh Allen did ALL those things...and this was behind a "great offensive line".

Young kids do young kid sh*t.

So be it.

Yes, like a acid. 

23 minutes ago, freestater said:

He's a likable Jeff George. 

Makes you wonder ..when a QB is basically going off the rails at what point will an NFL coach bring in the back up to try and preserve the win ? They are dedicated to a fault sometimes. Not saying McDermott should have done that nor am I blaming him but at some point stopping the bleeding might help since dumb plays can take the game in another direction real quick.

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I hear ya man :)

I actually find it hard rooting against him. I really think he's an awesome kid. I like the fact that him and Sam are friends. It's his game that I find questionable. The things he needs to clean up are the things that historically never get fixed. I hope he's good enough to make it a rivalry for a decade+, but I think in 4 years Buffalo has a real question mark at the position. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Makes you wonder ..when a QB is basically going off the rails at what point will an NFL coach bring in the back up to try and preserve the win ? They are dedicated to a fault sometimes. Not saying McDermott should have done that nor am I blaming him but at some point stopping the bleeding might help since dumb plays can take the game in another direction real quick.

I guess it depends on the backup. Sure Matt Barkley gives you a chance against the jets at home...but on the road in Houston? I may have considered just telling him "no more throwing. All option from here" lol

12 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Lol. No he definitely won't get cut.  I'm not an Allen fan at all, but that's just silly. And I think the darnold "ghost game" against the pats is one of the worst I've seen in a while. Let's not make excuses for him. It was a horrible performance. He played better after that with the same line and same weapons. I think sam will be great, But he has a long way to go. 

Solid post and I agree but Josh Allen like it or not is playing on a championship roster. We have no idea what Sam might look at on a roster of that caliber. The Titan’s roster has done wonders for Tannehill. Sam May be good or may not but we won’t know until the rest of the offense is at least starting NFL quality.  Not an excuse just a fact on what we have seen abs continue to see around the league. 

The Bills know they’re limited at QB. They try to get a quick TD, run Allen, run the ball and throw a couple of bombs, trying to catch the opposing secondary sleeping. Yesterday was no different. Trick play to get a TD and run the same script, hoping their defense can hold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, mphtrilogy said:

He played with a lot of guts, but made a lot of mistakes as well... I'd also take Sam, but he's played better than Ithought he would based on pre-draft concerns....

I don’t question his guts.  The problem is that you can’t trust his accuracy right now when he can’t use his running ability.  He was bailed out many times because he had such a good team around him but when he needed to step up he looked awful 

Let's be real, BUF "played around" Allen all year.  Their coaching staff
deserves credit for that because they knew what they had and hid it as
best they could.  If I was a BUF fan I would be petrified of what I saw
last night particularly on the drive where they tied the score at 19.
Allen ran and picked up 20+ yards to get to midfield with about a minute
to go.  But instead of being happy with that Allen stupidly tried to
lateral the ball and almost turned it over to HOU.  You really have to
question his decision making and whether he can grow out of that.  Pee-
wee leaguers know better than that 

• Upvote 2