Rhule to the Panthers!!!

greasyt

12 minutes ago, nico002 said:

If he’s OC the panthers are going with a combined 0 years of experience coordinating at HC/OC. On top of it all their “GM” /owner is a Financier with ZERO football background. Good luck 

lmao I just read that the panthers hired Phil snow as DC- ANOTHER guy that has ZERO NFL experience 

so let’s recap 

GM - no nfl experience 

HC - no nfl experience 

OC - no nfl experience 

DC - no nfl experience 

Say they hire some old coach, like Jim Caldwell or Marvin Lewis, as assistant head coach.  Wouldn't that suffice? I do agree that they could use some experience on the coaching staff, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a coordinator.  I like that Rhule has a 7 year contract and is trying to build not only a team but a young and innovative coaching staff.

• Upvote 1

On 1/9/2020 at 3:44 PM, Biggs said:

He took over a 7 and 6 team and went 1 and 11 in his first year.   Baylor under Briles went 11-2, 11-2, 10-3 before he was fired after a 6 and 0 start the year before Rhule was hired.  They lost their last 5 after he was canned and won the Citrus bowl destroying Boise State. Their record was 7 and 6 the year before Rhule took over.  Rhule went 1 and 11 in his first season there.  

College football is a recruiting game and Texas is a great place to recruit college talent. Texas produces about 70 percent of the top college football recruits in the nation. Rhule did an excellent job.  He will be far more constrained in the NFL when he will be on an even playing field in acquiring talent.  

The reality is he has proven not one thing at the NFL level as a HC.  He's not a fraud but he certainly isn't a proven NFL HC.  He's done a good job at Temple and Baylor.  He's worked for some good staffs and has put together good college staffs.  He is completely unproven as an NFL HC.  

What does that even mean???  Did this guy have ANY NFL HC Experience before being hired... 

Jimmy Johnson's Team Won 3 Super Bowls in 4 yrs... I say "3" because Everyone Knows that Switzer Won #3 With Jimmy's Team.

A few More NFL HC's who were Hired & Had ZERO NFL HC Experience... 

See the source image

See the source image

See the source imageSee the source imageSee the source imageSee the source image

• Upvote 2

On 1/8/2020 at 8:39 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

There's zero evidence that Rhule isn't a good tactician.  You're arguing he doesn't, but that doesn't simply make it so.  

His preacher style will be just fine.  Lot's of players in the NFL are Christians.  Lot's of them pray before and after games.  Even if black and white players disagree on a lot of things, most of them are Christians and pray together.  Plus, he's coaching in Charlotte, not NYC.

Using the word "fraud" would imply he's not the real deal.  He seems genuine as a person, and as a coach, you have no basis on which to call him that.  

If you don't like a person of faith wearing that faith on their sleeve, that's another issue entirely we can't discuss here.  But don't simply use that bias to make wild accusations about a coach.  

100% accurate assessment. 

I would add that it’s really naive to think that because he’s a preacher or whatever that he has no other tools or soft skills that he brings to the job. I think people that assume everyone has 1 dimension are usually just projecting.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

100% accurate assessment. 

I would add that it’s really naive to think that because he’s a preacher or whatever that he has no other tools or soft skills that he brings to the job. I think people that assume everyone has 1 dimension are usually just projecting.

Yep.  A preacher/priest/pastor who is a genuine person can be a terrific leader in numerous capacities, even if you don't agree with his religion.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

If he’s OC the panthers are going with a combined 0 years of experience coordinating at HC/OC. On top of it all their “GM” /owner is a Financier with ZERO football background. Good luck 

lmao I just read that the panthers hired Phil snow as DC- ANOTHER guy that has ZERO NFL experience 

so let’s recap 

GM - no nfl experience 

HC - no nfl experience 

OC - no nfl experience 

DC - no nfl experience 

Adam Gase has OC experience. Is he a good offensive mind too?

you make no sense.

ever.

E4D889FC-2A02-46BB-89BA-346A3C8325C0.gif

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

"Experience" is vastly overrated in any  field unless you have a job that needs to be done immediately.

Mike Mcgagnan

Todd Bowles

Jeff Weeks

Rich Kotite

John Idzik

All wonderful because they have 'experience'

I do think it will be intyeresting to see how this plays out in Carolina.  As an SEC guy, I have read a lot about Brady in the past year, and everything makes it seem like he is one of the brightest young offensive minds in football.  Did a great job with Joe Burrow, 2 years as an assistant under Sean Payton.  Could be a home run hire.  But I still think there is value to having a couple of experienced NFL veteran coaches on staff.  Not sure of the make-up of the rest of Rhule's staff, maybe he already has that, or maybe he will still bring some guys on board.

Either way, will be interesting to see what he and Brady can do in Carolina.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Lith said:

I do think it will be intyeresting to see how this plays out in Carolina.  As an SEC guy, I have read a lot about Brady in the past year, and everything makes it seem like he is one of the brightest young offensive minds in football.  Did a great job with Joe Burrow, 2 years as an assistant under Sean Payton.  Could be a home run hire.  But I still think there is value to having a couple of experienced NFL veteran coaches on staff.  Not sure of the make-up of the rest of Rhule's staff, maybe he already has that, or maybe he will still bring some guys on board.

Either way, will be interesting to see what he and Brady can do in Carolina.

In addition to Rhule being an NFL newb and Brady being all of 30 years old, the rumor is that Rhule's defensive coordinator will be the same guy he had at Baylor, Phil Snow.  I don't know how good he is but it's the same guy from his time at Temple, so clearly Rhule is taking the familiarity route rather than trying to hire interview guys and select the best, brightest most talented coordinator available.  I'm sure Snow is at least pretty good but this screams of Rhule bringing culture with him, his own Dowell Loggains I guess.