Rhule to the Panthers!!!

greasyt

34 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Interesting choice to sign somewhere he will be the 3rd/4th best coach in his own division. 

Probably heard the rumors that Jamal Adams could be traded to the Cowboys , playing him twice a year ? That alone is going to scare these big time coaches away from the Giants job I would imagine.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

So happy he didn’t go to the Giants.

They’ll pivot to McDaniels, but I think McDaniels would pick Cleveland over them if both teams want him. McDaniel’s is from Ohio and apparently loved Baker Mayfield in the draft. 

Looks like Garrett would be the choice for the Giants. I doubt they hire a first time coach with dinosaur Gettleman still there.

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

They’ll pivot to McDaniels, but I think McDaniels would pick Cleveland over them if both teams want him. McDaniel’s is from Ohio and apparently loved Baker Mayfield in the draft. 

Looks like Garrett would be the choice for the Giants. I doubt they hire a first time coach with dinosaur Gettleman still there.

i can't see the giants hiring garrett and i think it's a bad fit.  if everyone here thinks gase is a bad coach who somehow got to 7-9 with a qb who missed 3 games and a team that was injured beyond belief, what do you think the media will do to garrett here?

Just now, Augustiniak said:

i can't see the giants hiring garrett and i think it's a bad fit.  if everyone here thinks gase is a bad coach who somehow got to 7-9 with a qb who missed 3 games and a team that was injured beyond belief, what do you think the media will do to garrett here?

Agreed that Garrett is extremely mediocre.  His teams have consistently under-performed,

5 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Garrett to the Giants would drive their fans nuts!  I have a friend who for the past 5 months has been hoping and praying the Cowboys would keep Garrett because he thinks Garrett is such a bad coach.  This dude will crawl into a hole for 2 years if his Giant's hire Jason Garrett.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, greasyt said:

The #Panthers are hiring #Baylor coach Matt Rhule, source says (as @PeteThamel reported). They are working out the deal as we speak. They did not want him to get on the plane to the #Giants.

He'll LOVE this city. We have a ton of folk from NY and NJ, (some jerk offs from Boston), we have good restaurants, he will immediately become a member of Quail Hollow, live 10 minutes from the golf course, the stadium, the airport etc.  Charlotte is a great place if you are an athlete.

46 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Or. And here me out here. There front office is a complete mess. Mara and tisch are on different pages. And they retained gettlemen, who nobody wants to work with. Gettlemen is on the hot seat. Anyone who takes the giants job will be out within 2 years.

Agreed.  But when jobs are close the tiebreakers become things like media viciousness and fan stupidity.

SAR I

48 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Belichick wouldn’t take a job with Jerry Jones. 

46 minutes ago, Jolot said:

He was never going to work for Jones ..he’s going to the Giants and you know it . 

Jerry was hands-off with a big hitter like Parcells.  My thought is that he would surely stay out of the way of Belichick.

SAR I

20 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Garrett to the Giants would drive their fans nuts!  I have a friend who for the past 5 months has been hoping and praying the Cowboys would keep Garrett because he thinks Garrett is such a bad coach.  This dude will crawl into a hole for 2 years if his Giant's hire Jason Garrett.

Yeah. Would be almost as bad as Gase to the Jets.