Monster Mash Mafia - Game Thread

Leelou

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Can you actually point to a few examples of CTM "pied pipering" or is it just a feeling in your balls?

Because if you actually try attempt to build a case, and are lynched anyway, Town will at least have that to look at and consider.

IMO, you should be at least trying, which you don't appear to be.

I can't generate/manufacture content that isn't there.

The moment Nolder declared you innocent, nearly all of D1 was a wash.  D2 has provided more content, a lot of which I've responded to.  

If "trying" is just multi-quoting a bunch of posts that really doesn't indicate anything of importance, then yeah, I'm not really trying I guess.

2 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I disagree but even if that were true why would you interpret it in a way I obviously didn't mean.

Or are you going to say you couldn't tell?

of all the players in the game you are the one that i can't trust.

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I've already said I wanted Crusher to get his hands dirty.  And yes, I was on that train.  Am I supposed to vote myself?  lol.

The point is, you are cherry-picking me on that train to call out as scummy for being there, only because that's already your narrative.

You even mention Stark (who your best town read) being on that train, and yet don't throw shade at him for it.

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

of all the players in the game you are the one that i can't trust.

I find that extremely odd because I have a pretty good reputation for being genuine and sincere in games when I'm town. Even when people think I'm being an idiot and they ignore everything I say they usually don't feel like I'm being tricky or dishonest like scum. 

I think you're just BSing and are just mafia.

Just now, Nolder said:

I find that extremely odd because I have a pretty good reputation for being genuine and sincere in games when I'm town. Even when people think I'm being an idiot and they ignore everything I say they usually don't feel like I'm being tricky or dishonest like scum. 

I tend to agree with this. Even when your scum its like you almost want to tell everyone. I like this point. 

9 minutes ago, Stark said:

i quoted both statements that applied. fair enough that i didn't go BOLD that part of the text from 80 but nolder clearly avoided acknowledging the part where 80 said the closest to town is stark. like that wasn't even there.

Nolder bolded that part because, clearly, that's the part of 80's post he was calling scummy.

Now you're trying to twist it to make it look like Nolder contradicted himself.

12 minutes ago, Stark said:

if I am the only one that seems to have a problem with the way nolder has played the game so far then I guess that's on me. I don't need to recap the whole situation as it has been posted about plenty.

No, I can definitely see why you would be frustrated with him. I would be, too, if I already hadn't seen some things from him in previous games.

But when I see you deliberately lying and misinterpreting posts to twist them around, that's the sh*t that makes you look scummy.

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I can't generate/manufacture content that isn't there.

The moment Nolder declared you innocent, nearly all of D1 was a wash.  D2 has provided more content, a lot of which I've responded to.  

If "trying" is just multi-quoting a bunch of posts that really doesn't indicate anything of importance, then yeah, I'm not really trying I guess.

Fine. Whatever. You do you.

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I tend to agree with this. Even when your scum its like you almost want to tell everyone. I like this point. 

Well. I don't try to. I do try to emulate my town game of course but idk it just rarely seems to work when I'm not actually town.

Vote Count

Spoot (2) - 80, Verb

Nolder (1) - Stark

80 (2)- Spoot. CTM

Stark (2)- Nolder, Crush

It takes 4 to lynch

DEADLINE - Tuesday 4 pm ET

1 hour ago, CTM said:

willing to vote: Nolder, 80 crusher..

Feel better about spoot, still good on verbal, stark ok too

We are 2 hours from deadline, i will be in and out of meetings. 

vote 80

80's play has been the most questionable of late whereas day 1 I thought he was townish

You're supposed to unvote first 

On 1/20/2020 at 12:21 PM, Spoot-Face said:

I'm down with lynching 80. He seems to draw scum a lot.

unvote

vote 80

This was the first post that got me thinking Spoot was scum.  Not for the OMGUS factor but the poor logic/probability error.  Either he was being intentionally stupid, going after low-hanging fruit right off the bat, or something else.  Neither of the former 2 options would be a good look.  

8 minutes ago, Nolder said:

You have been a bit more guarded with your play this game as far as I can tell, and I'm not just talking about your D1 ploy.

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

You have been a bit more guarded with your play this game as far as I can tell, and I'm not just talking about your D1 ploy.

I thought I laid all my cards on the table at this point.

What more do you want? A role claim?

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This was the first post that got me thinking Spoot was scum.  Not for the OMGUS factor but the poor logic/probability error.  Either he was being intentionally stupid, going after low-hanging fruit right off the bat, or something else.  Neither of the former 2 options would be a good look.  

Fair.

4 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I thought I laid all my cards on the table at this point.

What more do you want? A role claim?

Not a role claim, no. But, that should be obvious at this point anyway, no?

I mean, like, joking about withholding your case on 80 just to slap Stark in the face.

Don't get me wrong, though, it certainly was funny.

On 1/20/2020 at 1:58 PM, Stark said:

well damn quite the ménage a trois 

this interaction has me playing out too many scenarios kind of feels like spoot an 80 are to playful with each other. 

crusher's vote here actually makes sense. 

and 80 not opening the game with a Verb vote is weird as ****....

mafia 2020 

I don't think Stark was feigning confusion here.  This was indeed a confusing start to D1.  

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Not a role claim, no. But, that should be obvious at this point anyway, no?

I mean, like, joking about withholding your case on 80 just to slap Stark in the face.

Don't get me wrong, though, it certainly was funny.

It was more that he was being annoying and casing 80 would largely be a rehash of what you already did. I didn't want to waste my time just to be told I'm copying you.

On 1/20/2020 at 2:00 PM, Nolder said:

Spoot confirmed town.

All votes on beaver are suspect and will be thoroughly investigated to the fullest extent of the law.

On 1/20/2020 at 2:04 PM, Spoot-Face said:

My honky!

On 1/20/2020 at 2:06 PM, Spoot-Face said:

I mean, I've always known.

On 1/20/2020 at 2:07 PM, Spoot-Face said:

^is scared

On 1/20/2020 at 3:15 PM, Spoot-Face said:

People not moving their vote off a "confirmed townie" is gross.

FoS Stark and Crusher.

I suspect as much from 80 because he's gross

On 1/20/2020 at 3:39 PM, Spoot-Face said:

How convenient for you.

^Classic scum 80, changing the subject with a light-hearted joke/observation.

Nolder's "investigation" of Spoot followed by Spoot's subsequent posts.

Seems to me that Spoot is excited to be cleared and is playing as such.  That's not alignment-indicative.

But he also doesn't seem to question Nolder at all, and buys his claim right away.  This could jive with someone who knows he's town, but doesn't really jive with someone actually trying to figure the game out.  

• Upvote 1

On 1/20/2020 at 3:47 PM, The Crusher said:

@Leelou Is this dirty beaver confirmed town?

On 1/20/2020 at 3:58 PM, Spoot-Face said:

Disgusting. ^Knows the mod can't confirm.

On 1/20/2020 at 5:33 PM, The Crusher said:

It’s day 1 rock head. If your not mod confirmed your not confirmed. You scummy little beaver / 

Again, I would indeed expect this reaction out of Spoot if town.  So that helps his cause a bit.  Crusher's explanation made sense too.  

Ugh.

On 1/21/2020 at 10:02 AM, Stark said:

Uh. I opened the game with a vote on you spoot. its not like i voted you after your shady "quick to lynch" 80 vote. 

I haven't change my vote because as of right now there is not a strong enough reason for me to do so. 

As I said yesterday I liked crushers vote on you after your switch to 80 because of how you did it. 80's whole not voting Verbal to start the game is not forgotten and his bullsh*tting excuses are meta. Nolders confirming you is another weird ass way to start a game.

Verb and JC could post a bit too. 

^^^ Townie Post

On 1/21/2020 at 10:28 AM, CTM said:

I like my crusher vote. This reeks of trying to appear confused / helpful townie. 

80 taking it as a goof I agree 100% with. I find it odd given when it occured and who made it to have any other reaction than nolderp derping. Crusher did try and play it off initially but the quick 180 to asking the mod was gross, like one of those vegan meatballs hes been stuffing ilhis fat face with since new year.

Lk and stark are # 2 and #3 for reactions that seemed odd to me but both are more inline with thier meta, stark took it serious right away which is pingy, he takes everything seriously historically so it dilutes the ping a bit. Still the babe in the woods routine isnt sitting well. 

Lk's omg this is so crazy it might actually work almost seemed envious of the crazy, which fits his meta but still weird again for taking it at face value. Big part of me thinks he'd be less trusting of the info if town, normally a bit paranoid that one.

Top 3 - crusher, stark, lk

Consider yourselves fos'd

CTM doesn't even address Spoot here.  Strange considering that he correctly doesn't buy Nolder's claim at all.  

I can see the logic in going after Crusher though.  Didn't agree with his case on Stark based on his content at the time and still don't see it in hindsight.  

On 1/21/2020 at 11:08 AM, CTM said:

I like your initial spoot vote and reasoning

I'm even fine with making a case to stay on him despite Nolderp's proclamation, which I assume that is what you are saying in your protein deficient way.

What i didn't like was asking the moddess if spoots confirmed. What were you trying to accomplish there?? Is this your first or second game? Did you expect her to say "oh ya haha, i forgot to put in OP and was just waiting for someone to ask me". IF so, maybe we should ask her about other players? @Leelou I think crusher's scum, what do you think?

Is that clear fluffy buns?

F*ckin hell.  CTM did a good job explaining shortly thereafter....

On 1/21/2020 at 1:06 PM, Spoot-Face said:

Oh, a confirmed townie isn't a good enough reason for you? I feel like Town-Stark would give pause, and at least remove his vote from a confirmed townie, because, you know, what if it's the truth?

Not a good look for you.

Spoot is straight up taunting here.