Prediction: Bitcoin Will Hit $100,000 by the end of 2021

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't understand what you're asking.

I mean unless I'm out of context .. you were extolling the benefits of Bitcoin ... I was citing its volatility as a reason to be wary.  

Edited by Dunnie

Just now, Dunnie said:

I mean unless I'm out of context .. you were extolling the benefits of Bitcoin ... I was citing its volatility as a reason to be wary.  

You have to have a longer time preference for holding Bitcoin. It is volatile but over time that is to the upside which is exactly what you want. When people ask me about Bitcoin I recommend they buy it with the intent of holding it for at least 6 years.

If you try and time the market with Bitcoin you're likely to get wrecked.

For me I'm holding forever unless I need or want something bad enough to part with it. I look at it as long term savings.

I keep only enough cash for short-medium term spending and the rest is BTC.

You have to have a longer time preference for holding Bitcoin. It is volatile but over time that is to the upside which is exactly what you want. When people ask me about Bitcoin I recommend they buy it with the intent of holding it for at least 6 years.
If you try and time the market with Bitcoin you're likely to get wrecked.
For me I'm holding forever unless I need or want something bad enough to part with it. I look at it as long term savings.
I keep only enough cash for short-medium term spending and the rest is BTC.
The reason I am interested is because the current mkt is starting to spook me. But at its current price pt I don't see an easy entry there.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

The reason I am interested is because the current mkt is starting to spook me. But at its current price pt I don't see an easy entry there.

I would suggest you study bitcoin rather than buy it. When you understand what it really is and what it's doing you'll be able to make a better decision as to whether it makes sense for you.

9 hours ago, Dunnie said:

How much investment do you think it would take to make a million?

someone who knows what they’re doing? 

Today? Prob 20k

us types of people? 100k

or something like that 

possibly 

probably 

10 hours ago, HessStation said:

If you wanted zero risk you all missed it. You’re suppose to buy in a bear market. We’re not in a bear market anymore. Now sh*t is risky and I wouldn’t do sh*t without having a plan and time to daily research. *shrugs

bear market will return. halving is in a month. bull market last about a year and a half or so after halving. a years or so after that bitcoin will bottom out again. buy then. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, neckdemon said:

bear market will return. halving is in a month. bull market last about a year and a half or so after halving. a years or so after that bitcoin will bottom out again. buy then. 

Probably. I do wonder if the ETFs will change that. There's been so much inflow from these things it hit ATH prior to the halving which hasn't happened before.

It will be interesting to see how boomers who added bitcoin ETFs to their portfolio react to the huge downswings. Might cause some heart attacks.

37 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Probably. I do wonder if the ETFs will change that. There's been so much inflow from these things it hit ATH prior to the halving which hasn't happened before.

It will be interesting to see how boomers who added bitcoin ETFs to their portfolio react to the huge downswings. Might cause some heart attacks.

Yeah there might be some adjustments...but more or less I think it will follow this pattern. Give or take.

Interesting point on boomers. Most are older and might not be too tolerant of such a volatile investment this late in life. 

On 3/17/2024 at 8:00 PM, HessStation said:

You’re all still talking to Barry about Bitcoin meanwhile AXGT just doubled in a week…

(and the sad thing is I suck and pussied out on buying it 3 weeks ago when it was at .16)

short term cap gains is 40+ percent, seems like a tough way to make $.

On 3/17/2024 at 5:08 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

do you think the ETF's help or hurt BTC as a potential currency?    it seems like the ETF's have nudged BTC further away from a currency and more into a store of value.    not sure it matters, but while the liquidity and security of the ETF's opened up a much larger market, it also limits the need for BTC adoption.

1 hour ago, LionelRichie said:

do you think the ETF's help or hurt BTC as a potential currency?    it seems like the ETF's have nudged BTC further away from a currency and more into a store of value.    not sure it matters, but while the liquidity and security of the ETF's opened up a much larger market, it also limits the need for BTC adoption.

I see BTC as digital gold and the future world reserve currency. It's use as a day to day currency will likely be some second layer solution.

The ETFs strengthen that case imo.

On 3/19/2024 at 9:10 AM, LionelRichie said:

short term cap gains is 40+ percent, seems like a tough way to make $.

Doubling your money in less than a week is always tiresome. 

btw guys you’re already late but I’ll say it again…buy Real World Assets and DeSci projects now. You’re welc. 

….actually DON’T buy them right now, they’re all pumping….buy on the next red/dump….

On 3/19/2024 at 10:53 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

I see BTC as digital gold and the future world reserve currency. It's use as a day to day currency will likely be some second layer solution.

The ETFs strengthen that case imo.

Stablecoins will act as currency. 

You have minimal time left. Or you can continue to listen to Barry’s grift that you’ll actually still get rich on BTC as a layman. 

https://www.coindesk.com/markets/2024/03/20/blackrock-enters-asset-tokenization-race-with-new-fund-on-the-ethereum-network/

BlackRock to start a new real-world asset (RWA) tokenization fund on the Ethereum network.

On 2/16/2024 at 1:08 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm sorry you'll have to learn this lesson the hard way. You should sell your sh*tcoins and buy bitcoin asap. Don't say you weren't warned.

check back in 5 years and see where we're at.

2/16/2029

posting your numbers for reference

Bitcoin $52k

sh*tcoins:

• Quant - $111
  • LCX - $0.28 
  • Maple Finance - MPL 12.58 
  • Goldfinch Protocol - GFI $1.25 
  • Cosmos - ATOM $10.20 
  • Morpheus Netwoek - MNW $1.14 
  • Syntropy - NOIA $.18
  • Index Cooperative - INDEX $3.24
  • XYO Network - XYO $.006

Updating list of coins to look at 

LCX - Exchange 

MPL - RWA 

GFI - RWA 

NOIA - DePIN

INDEX - RWA

AXGT - DeSci

LAKE - DeSci 

RSC - DeSci 

OPUL- RWA 

RIO - RWA

PROPC - RWA 

CHEX - RWA 

PRO - RWA 

VMINT - AI

AEGIS - AI 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/21/2024 at 10:08 AM, HessStation said:

Updating list of coins to look at 

LCX - Exchange 

MPL - RWA 

GFI - RWA 

NOIA - DePIN

INDEX - RWA

AXGT - DeSci

LAKE - DeSci 

RSC - DeSci 

OPUL- RWA 

RIO - RWA

PROPC - RWA 

CHEX - RWA 

PRO - RWA 

VMINT - AI

AEGIS - AI 

hfsp.thumb.jpg.059638c4450e48bebfb8f62db148f1f0.jpg

• Haha 2

On 4/17/2024 at 12:50 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

hfsp.thumb.jpg.059638c4450e48bebfb8f62db148f1f0.jpg

The fact that you think this is actually a smart take, is retarded. 

my 15k investment dropped from $70 to $50k on that dip. I’m already back to $60k. Alt season hasn’t even started yet. You would have had to hit the BTC bottom perfectly which nobody does to do as well as me. That’s w me picking some huge duds like QNT to date. 

I will cash out or trade into BTC in a year after I 10-20X while you double or triple your money.