Jets talk: 30 minute mark

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The draft nuggets here were fairly limited, but the interesting part to me was the 5 minute discussion on Darnold and how they view him vs how a good portion here view him.  Spoke very highly of Darnold.

5 trolls on this site =\= good portion 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, nico002 said:

5 trolls on this site =\= good portion 

If you think it's a limited number of people who have big questions (at best) about Darnold, you are sorely mistaken.

Posters like you are much more insufferable than most of those "trolls".  You realize that don't you?

What's there to say? The Jets basically need everything, the roster is bottom 10 in the league. CB is awful, EDGE hasn't been addressed in 15 years, the OL is a catastrophe, they need WRs even if they bring Anderson back.

I was listening to the PFF podcast and their blurb on the Jets, basically they thought the Jets might look to use the 1 on a WR. If the Jets draft a WR that can quickly and consistently beat coverage, the OL isn't pass blocking as long(though they did say the OL definitely needs to trend back towards average). Basically every other team that has a young QB nurtured him by giving him weapons to utilize and the Jets haven't.

They also said to take a late flyer on a QB because of what I've been saying since the beginning: what if Darnold's not any good?

34 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

They also said to take a late flyer on a QB because of what I've been saying since the beginning: what if Darnold's not any good?

I'm not against the idea, we need a back up anyway but as for the bolded part; you put 100% of you chips into his basket. You build this team as if he is absolutely the future. The worst case scenario is that the team is loaded for the next rookie QB we bring in.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

What's there to say? The Jets basically need everything, the roster is bottom 10 in the league. CB is awful, EDGE hasn't been addressed in 15 years, the OL is a catastrophe, they need WRs even if they bring Anderson back.

I was listening to the PFF podcast and their blurb on the Jets, basically they thought the Jets might look to use the 1 on a WR. If the Jets draft a WR that can quickly and consistently beat coverage, the OL isn't pass blocking as long(though they did say the OL definitely needs to trend back towards average). Basically every other team that has a young QB nurtured him by giving him weapons to utilize and the Jets haven't.

The last thing Joe Doiglas is thinking ..."is Sam is a competent QB."  If he rebuilds this team right then he will coss that bridge when he comes to it. 

On 2/14/2020 at 7:58 PM, HawkeyeJet said:

If you think it's a limited number of people who have big questions (at best) about Darnold, you are sorely mistaken.

Posters like you are much more insufferable than most of those "trolls".  You realize that don't you?

Give it a rest, SOJF. 

SAR I