2020 AFC East Transactions and Power Ranking (Updated)

2020 AFC East Transactions and Power Ranking

1. Bills - will follow a strong 2019 playoff campaign and in great position to trump the Patriots

Biggest remaining needs: CB, RB, OL

Mario Addison, Edge: Agreed to terms on a three-year, $30.45 million contract that includes $15.25 million in guarantees, Pelissero reported.

Vernon Butler, DT: Signing with the Bills on a two-year deal worth up to $18 million with $9.3 million guaranteed, Rapoport reported.

Stefon Diggs, WR: Acquired in a trade with the Vikings (along with a 2020 seventh-round pick) in exchange for a 2020 first-round pick, fifth-round pick, sixth-round pick and a 2021 fourth-round pick, Pelissero reported. The trade becomes official when the new league year starts on March 18.

Quinton Jefferson, DE: Expected to sign with the Bills on a two-year deal, per Rapoport.

Josh Norman, CB: Agreed to terms on a one-year, $6 million contract with a maximum value of $8 million with incentives, Garafolo reported.

2. Dolphins-  Key additions with 5 picks in the first 2 rounds should put the Phins in great position and possible playoff appearance. 

Biggest remaining needs: QB, OL, RB

Ereck Flowers, OT: Agreed to terms on a three-year, $30 million with the Dolphins that includes $19.95 million fully guaranteed, per Rapoport.

Byron Jones, CB: Agreed to a five-year, $82 million contract that includes $54.5 million guaranteed, per Rapoport.

Emmanuel Ogbah, Edge: Agreed to a two-year, $15 million contract that includes $7.5 million fully guaranteed, per his agent, Drew Rosenhaus.

Shaq Lawson, Edge: Agreed to a three-year, $30 million contract with the Dolphins, Rapoport reported.

Kyle Van Noy, LB: Agreed to a four-year, $51 million deal that includes $30 million guaranteed, Rapoport reported.

3. Jets- The OL and head coach are the biggest question marks. 

Biggest remaining needs: OL, edge rusher, CB

George Fant, T: Agreed to terms on a three-year deal worth 27.3 million with a max value of $30 million, per Rapoport.

Alex Lewis, OG: Agreed to terms on a new deal (terms not disclosed), the team announced.

Connor McGovern, ? Signing with the Jets on a three-year, $27 million deal that includes $18 million fully guaranteed, per Pelissero.

4. Patriots- Goodbye to the dynasty

Biggest remaining needs: QB, TE, LB

Damiere Byrd, WR: Signing a one-year deal with the Patriots, per Garafolo.

Devin McCourty, S: Agreed to a two-year, $23 million contract that includes $17 million guaranteed, Rapoport reported.

Matthew Slater, ST: Agreed to a two-year extension to stay in New England, per Rapoport. Slater's $5.3 million deal includes $2.375 million guaranteed, Pelissero reported.

Joe Thuney, OG: The team placed the franchise tag on Thuney.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, 82nd Airborne said:

2020 AFC East Transactions and Power Ranking

1. Bills - will follow a strong 2019 playoff campaign and in great position to trump the Patriots

Stefon Diggs, WR: Acquired in a trade with the Vikings (along with a 2020 seventh-round pick) in exchange for a 2020 first-round pick, fifth-round pick, sixth-round pick and a 2021 fourth-round pick, Pelissero reported.

Josh Norman, CB: Agreed to terms on a one-year, $6 million contract with a maximum value of $8 million with incentives, Garafolo reported.

Quinton Spain, OG: Re-signed to a three-year, $15 million contract, Rapoport reported.

2. Dolphins-  Key additions with 5 picks in the first 2 rounds should put the Phins in great position and possible playoff appearance. 

Ereck Flowers, OT: Agreed to terms on a three-year, $30 million with the Dolphins that includes $19.95 million fully guaranteed, per Rapoport.

Byron Jones, CB: Agreed to a deal worth $17 million per year, which would make him the highest-paid cornerback, per Rapoport.

Shaq Lawson, Edge: Agreed to a three-year, $30 million contract with the Dolphins, Rapoport reported.

Kyle Van Noy, LB: Agreed to a four-year, $51 million deal that includes $30 million guaranteed, Rapoport reported.

3. Patriots- I believe this dynasty is over. 

Devin McCourty, S: Agreed to a two-year, $23 million contract that includes $17 million guaranteed, Rapoport reported.

Matthew Slater, ST: Agreed to a two-year extension to stay in New England, per Rapoport. Slater's $5.3 million deal includes $2.375 million guaranteed, Pelissero reported.

Joe Thuney, OG: The team placed the franchise tag on Thuney.

4. Jets- The OL and head coach are big question marks. 

George Fant, T: Agreed to terms on a three-year deal worth 27.3 million with a max value of $30 million, per Rapoport.

Updating Jets re-signed G Lewis and signed C/G McGovern and may not be done on Oline yet in FA and certainly will address it in the draft as well.

56 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

You do realize that the Patriots will execute a perfect tank next year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have been critical of Belichick through the years (not that he isn't an all time great coach but about how Brady led the dynasty) but it would be the greatest shock in the history of mankind if that man didn't play to win.  There's a much better chance they won the AFC East with jarred stidham than tanking.

• Upvote 1

I have been critical of Belichick through the years (not that he isn't an all time great coach but about how Brady led the dynasty) but it would be the greatest shock in the history of mankind if that man didn't play to win.  There's a much better chance they won the AFC East with jarred stidham than tanking.
Agreed .. but you cannot deny the shady side of that organization.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, joewilly said:

Not sure how anyone can power rank the jets over the pats given the proven records of  head coaching capabilities. Pats defense is very good.

I don't disagree but look at the records without Tom Brady starting:

Belichick 7 seasons

54-63, 46%

1 Wild Card playoff appearance

Gase 4 seasons:

30-34, 47%

1 Wild Card playoff appearance

And the pats D was very good against some bad offenses, they struggled against good offenses

I don't know if there has been a more overhyped coach after one year than Brian Flores. The guy went 5-11 and you would think he went 11-5 or something.

I'm not saying he's a bad coach, and I get he had a bad roster, but give me a break with him already. Bowles went 5-11 with Josh McCown in 2017 after we gutted our roster?

50 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I don't know if there has been a more overhyped coach after one year than Brian Flores. The guy went 5-11 and you would think he went 11-5 or something.

He won 5 games for a franchise that was purposely tanking.  Either he did a great job or a terrible job, depending on how you look at it.  

The Jets need to pay big time for an EDGE rusher to pressure the other QBs in their division, and sign a CB or two to cover people.   I think this is the game that Clowney is playing. 

The other three teams in the division have much better rosters, and coaches, but the QB situations are much less strong.  The Jets need to be able to disrupt the NE and Miami QBs, whomever they may be, and cover the receivers that Josh Allen will try to throw to (understanding that he will not be throwing into tight windows, so coverage needs to be B level, not A level).  

Clowney, Darby/Prince.  Draft OL and WR.