HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!

SMC

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not necessarily a counter claim.  If there is truth to Dr Manhattan being mega powerful and maybe even ending the game if killed, the real Dr Manhattan really CAN'T counter.

Mega powerful makes sense, game over if you kill him, does not and why would Dr. Manhattan CC, he's not claiming Dr. Manhattan.

I wish I watched the show but I dont have HBO so none of this makes any sense to me but I've only see the movie and just based on what we know thus far from SMC's OP and scenes, it's drastically different.  That said maybe it's a form of gaming the mod but the role is just insane to have in a game and that's all I've got but whatever, we're not getting traction there and he's clearly not willing to help clarify things, so basically he's got an perfect end game strategy, which is sooooo groovy. 

3 hours ago, HessStation said:

Good news is 80 and AVM town leans. 

AVM I agree. Sure on 80.

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Probably because there's a lot more to it.  No way SMC would just have Doctor Manhattan be a player who can just get lynched and that's the ballgame.  If town he wouldn't reveal that he's the # 1 threat to scum without having tricks up his sleeve.  

If he's scum he's probably trying to out the real Doctor Manhattan.  

Gaming the mod. I dint like this.

3 hours ago, JiF said:

I dont see how I'm off, just doing my thing over here.

What's your thoughts on Starks role? 

Equivalent of: “How do you not see me hitting my town meta?” Do not like.

5 minutes ago, Drums said:

If you understand that the role is mega powerful and can maybe end the game, why vote Stark? That's a pretty risky gamble if you ask me and there's not much else to go on. Is this because you're still going on those two posts from D1 and you thinking he is possibly lying is just a little extra icing on the cake?

Because I'm banking on SMC not simply ending the game with a lynch of Stark?  I think whether Stark is town or scum, there's implication to his reveal on what's going on in the game and I'd like to figure it out.  

And yes, my scum lean on Stark on D1 is influencing my thinking a bit.  We certainly know there's a good reason why he might have been acting weird now, one way or the other.

It seems others aren't agreeing with the logic of "testing" the lynch of Stark so I'll move off after I read back.  But this is going to be a distraction we'll eventually have to deal with.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because I'm banking on SMC not simply ending the game with a lynch of Stark?  I think whether Stark is town or scum, there's implication to his reveal on what's going on in the game and I'd like to figure it out.  

And yes, my scum lean on Stark on D1 is influencing my thinking a bit.  We certainly know there's a good reason why he might have been acting weird now, one way or the other.

It seems others aren't agreeing with the logic of "testing" the lynch of Stark so I'll move off after I read back.  But this is going to be a distraction we'll eventually have to deal with.  

See this is how you answer a question. Thanks. 

14 minutes ago, Drums said:

So you asked like 40 min before posting this and he hasn't posted in between. Impatient much? 

Because it's obvious he's not interested in helping out...dropped a silly little list and bye.  It's waste of time.  It was obvious by the responses people dont want to go there, so I'm moving on. 

3 hours ago, CTM said:

discovered my refrigerator is dead and have to deal with food, and probably pick a new fridge and figure out where to buy since it's almost 13 years old ..  I'm going to be mia for awhile ..

Where are you going to put the bodies, in the meantime?

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

"Form of Doctor Manhattan" would imply there is likely at least one other player running around with Doctor Manhattan powers that just need to be activated.  Something like a "sleeper cell" of sorts, perhaps?

Theorizing is also gross. Desk in the known variables, not the theories. Theories are wolf candy.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

While I was looking back for Stark's reveal, I came across this that I must have missed during my catch up...

another post of goobly gook to vote the biggest train.  2nd time he did this on D1.

Interesting observation/angle.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Huh?  2 time on D1 you posted a big long post of meh to vote the leading train.  Those are facts.  

It's more genuine when you just say, JC seems scummier than Stark and then vote.

The ridiculous over the top rationale is pingy.

Ditto.

2 hours ago, Drums said:

It's kind of interesting that you say that because when I was rereading last night I saw this:

Edit: Just in case it is unclear, Pac is talking to Crusher 

Oohhh, I hate this. NK crusher, then frame pac with this quote.

unvote, vote drums 

I was quiet D1, but he was one of my first reads. I like the vote there.

I can co back and forth in Jif. I think he and 80 are pushing on things that help the wolves, but I’ve seen in other games both of these guys are often helpful to werewolves when they are villagers. So yea. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Because it's obvious he's not interested in helping out...dropped a silly little list and bye.  It's waste of time.  It was obvious by the responses people dont want to go there, so I'm moving on. 

Honest question from a noob: do you think him revealing the totality of his role helps town or scum more? He believes it would help scum and I tend to believe that. I do kind of get what 80 is saying but I agree we should probably move on. 

Official Vote Count:

Nolder (3) - Drums, Stark, Arsis

Smash (3) - Pac, Hess, JIF

80 (2) - Nyn, Barry

Stark (1) -  80

Arsis (1) - Dice

JIF (1) - AVM

Drums (1) - Dandie

With 17 Citizens of Tulsa, it takes 9 to arrest 

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Robin?  Is that you? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Solid but I feel like 80 is being genuine with his reads thus far. I was actually voting Stark to trap, well not trap, but try and gather something from reactions.

That is a trap, by werewolf standards. Are you new to the game?

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Regardless of my alignment in any game I can never prove I'm town to you.  So I don't really care if how I'm playing isn't proving anything to you.  

I've noticed that lately.  It's ever game.  It's almost Smash on CTM level. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

Where are you going to put the bodies, in the meantime?

Theorizing is also gross. Desk in the known variables, not the theories. Theories are wolf candy.

Interesting observation/angle.

Ditto.

Oohhh, I hate this. NK crusher, then frame pac with this quote.

unvote, vote drums 

I was quiet D1, but he was one of my first reads. I like the vote there.

I can co back and forth in Jif. I think he and 80 are pushing on things that help the wolves, but I’ve seen in other games both of these guys are often helpful to werewolves when they are villagers. So yea. 

Did you ever play with Ape? The one everyone has you confused with?  Thats where the term coined, "Scum MVP" was established, simply based on his ability to absolutely destroy the town. I'm actually known as the Goat.  You'll find that out to be true once again this game.  It's funny, he'd do something similar to what you're doing, follow my case to their vote but then call me scum at the same time.

You're ok in my book.

• Haha 2