HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!

SMC

2 minutes ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

Hmm. I think there’s a thread by Wes where he tells all the ways of how to play. Have you seen it? It’d be helpful. This seems like a complex game for a newbie.

I’m not a newb but just slightly retarded. I’ll check it out, thank you!!!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Did you ever play with Ape? The one everyone has you confused with?  Thats where the term coined, "Scum MVP" was established, simply based on his ability to absolutely destroy the town. I'm actually known as the Goat.  You'll find that out to be true once again this game.  It's funny, he'd do something similar to what you're doing, follow my case to their vote but then call me scum at the same time.

You're ok in my book.

silly GIF

I've read previous games. I’m sorry, little guy.

On 4/27/2020 at 10:01 AM, Smashmouth said:

I'm sure this is a pretty rolled up game as SMC games almost always are, which would make it hard for scum to fake a claim without getting nailed. CTM knows this for sure . But even with this being said it's still early and CTM's vote train was just the first day one train which was not based off anything CTM said or did. Just food for thought in both respects

Good thoughts from Smash here.  

And with character claims allowed scum needs to be extra careful/intentional about how they reveal.  

11 minutes ago, Drums said:

Honest question from a noob: do you think him revealing the totality of his role helps town or scum more? He believes it would help scum and I tend to believe that. I do kind of get what 80 is saying but I agree we should probably move on. 

I have no idea but it all seems way too convenient and I hate it.  What's funny about everyone thinking they know how I play this game and they can read me so easily, nobody ever picks up that I rarely take a reveal at face value and always pressure.  Why does asking hurt?  If the player doesnt wan to say anything, fine but I think there is more damage in not asking the questions.

5 minutes ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

silly GIF

I've read previous games. I’m sorry, little guy.

Oh, well then you see what I'm talking about and how nobody is really on my level around here.

Are you?  I've been bitching about the level of play for a while so we could use some solid players to boost the level of competition.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And with character claims allowed scum needs to be extra careful/intentional about how they reveal.  

Hence me checking or pushing him to reveal or not during that time, as it being somewhat informative either way. Allowing him to not even give his stance on the matter seemed like a mistake. @Drums also please now gfy 

• Upvote 1

Official Vote Count:

Nolder (3) - Drums, Stark, Arsis

Smash (3) - Pac, Hess, JIF

80 (2) - Nyn, Barry

Stark (1) -  80

Arsis (1) - Dice

JIF (1) - AVM

Drums (1) - Dandie

With 17 Citizens of Tulsa, it takes 9 to arrest 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, A.J. said:

Pushing the logic to lynch the guy who is clearly named in the OP as who the scum wants to find is awful.

You mean the wagon that I said I wasn't really following to start and was actually correct in reading the way I was? And swapped onto a legit scum lean that I actually had? Just to be clear.

Put the bottle down, Pirate.

You're gross. But I like your play better D2 so far

This I can actually follow.

Which is why pushing him for more info is dumb. No one has countered and we know based on the OP that the scum are looking to steal his powers. That's good enough for me at this stage of the game.

Finally, you seem to be understanding me!

2 hours ago, CTM said:

I will! I also inquired about lotion and tissues but they said someone in NC was panic hoarding these items and had bought out entire east coast 

legit lol'd

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

I have no idea but it all seems way too convenient and I hate it.  What's funny about everyone thinking they know how I play this game and they can read me so easily, nobody ever picks up that I rarely take a reveal at face value and always pressure.  Why does asking hurt?  If the player doesnt wan to say anything, fine but I think there is more damage in not asking the questions.

Makes sense. I don't hate asking questions, if you haven't noticed. 

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Hess is a simpleton, I expect such a reaction from him. You should know better, for instance I just discovered the Samsung family hub will not work well with my nest smart home. Now I'm looking at GE with a Keurig built in but I really kinda want that tablet thing as it looks like a cool toy. I'm waiting on pricing and availability for both and researching how the frick it's possible samsung and Google dont play together in 2020

tl;dr

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Dude that’s just stupid. Go get a Subzero. I have spoken. 

9FCE3594-7B4D-4E6E-A343-7DEC47C0E1D3.jpeg

hell yes

1 hour ago, JiF said:

So I take Stark isnt going to answer my questions and this all we're getting from the most ridiculous role ever made...

unvote

Vote Smash

37 minutes ago, JiF said:

Because it's obvious he's not interested in helping out...dropped a silly little list and bye.  It's waste of time.  It was obvious by the responses people dont want to go there, so I'm moving on. 

first of all GFY

i dropped my "silly little list" then had to make the kids lunch and get them to their naps.  I will answer the questions that you asked give me a minute to quote it because i thought i had it in the multi quote but don't. and i don't want to hear complaining if i don't get the question you asked worded correctly.

59 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not necessarily a counter claim.  If there is truth to Dr Manhattan being mega powerful and maybe even ending the game if killed, the real Dr Manhattan really CAN'T counter.

That depends on whether the scum hunting for Doctor Blue Dong knew this beforehand or not.

Pure conjecture at this point.

57 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

i'd  be willing to move to Nolder or JiF. Not feeling the Smash train or the players on it.

I honestly thought I had moved from JiF to Nolder - the disappearing act is kind of reminding me of the flailing about from Kingmaker.

39 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You'd be frustrated too if someone scum-reads you every game.  Just saying. 

You say this, but JiF scum-read me for damn near a decade and now that he refuses to call me scum I honestly don't trust myself anymore.

35 minutes ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

PM me. I’ll give you some consumer reports and dick pics.

lmao I missed you....err..."Corey"

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

hell yes

first of all GFY

i dropped my "silly little list" then had to make the kids lunch and get them to their naps.  I will answer the questions that you asked give me a minute to quote it because i thought i had it in the multi quote but don't. and i don't want to hear complaining if i don't get the question you asked worded correctly.

sassy told you so GIF

• Haha 1

Just now, AVM said:

I honestly thought I had moved from JiF to Nolder - the disappearing act is kind of reminding me of the flailing about from Kingmaker.

You say this, but JiF scum-read me for damn near a decade and now that he refuses to call me scum I honestly don't trust myself anymore.

lmao I missed you....err..."Corey"

Same 

24 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Thanks Dandie! And welcome to the site !!

It's truly beautiful how we've all finally come together to welcome this brand-new player to our strange world

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

page 69

Big Mouth Eyebrows GIF by NETFLIX

^^best post of the game from drums

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm really not sure how to take that commentary tbh, still don't.

Given we're talking about CTM not claiming on what was around page 10, as the first wagon of the game, based on absolutely zero legit game play reasons... Smash's take is more narrative than anything.

CTM not claiming in that spot was, on its face, the right play.

• Upvote 1

Just now, AVM said:

It's truly beautiful how we've all finally come together to welcome this brand-new player to our strange world

^^best post of the game from drums

Side note: that gif is from a show called Big Mouth and if you haven't seen it, highly recommended (as long as you can handle an adult cartoon)

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, A.J. said:

Given we're talking about CTM not claiming on what was around page 10, as the first wagon of the game, based on absolutely zero legit game play reasons... Smash's take is more narrative than anything.

That's the way I read it, which is why I was questioning Hess before. Seems like a spit though on how people felt about that. I saw it as: a reveal makes a bit more sense when it's more serious, like you when you revealed, as well as Stark and JC. Those were more serious trains. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, A.J. said:

And if it wasn’t for me pushing him to reveal or not you wouldn’t have had enough intel to even form an opinion one way or another. Thus EAD @Drums

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Fair but the problem is, I dont believe you so it's hard to weed through this mechanic.   I'll ask a few more if they're too telling, dont answer;

- you said you win with town, so if we decided to lynch you and hypothetically, you die and dont pass on the power, who wins? 

- can you pass on the power if we lynch you today? 

- do you realiz how ridiculous your reveal sounds? 

-  i already answered the pass the power thing in the previous response, via the role PM: If I die the game ends

- its not that simple. 

- yes, i do. a role i haven't seen and on top of that i don't know the show, movie or any of it. 

if you read the previous response with this and read the scenes i think you have some information that should relax you on this.

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

And if it wasn’t for me pushing him to reveal or not you wouldn’t have had enough intel to even form an opinion one way or another. Thus EAD @Drums

I don't regret asking you man and no I will not eat a dick. I'm having pastel Azteca in a bit and that's way better.