Post Draft PRO FA

Just now, Jetlife33 said:

The Dolphins will move on from one of its first-round defensive linemen. They waived Taco Charlton on Thursday. Miami initially claimed Charlton off waivers from Dallas last season.

Guy was a first round pick just 3 years ago, still only 25 years old. Definitely worth a look as a reclamation project I’d think 

9 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Earlier this week, Buccaneers GM Jason Lichtsaid he planned to bring in competition for Matt Gay. The Bucs are doing so via the waiver wire, claiming recently cut Panthers kicker Elliott Fry, per Tom Pelissero of NFL.com (on Twitter).

Isn’t Tommy boys BFF Gotskowski a FA?

i can see that happening. Clutch and PO proven

• Upvote 1

Guy was a first round pick just 3 years ago, still only 25 years old. Definitely worth a look as a reclamation project I’d think 
He was worth a look last year but the dolphins got him and he was so terrible they cut him a year later. If a guy sucks on one team maybe he can be fixed if he sucks for multiple teams he may be the problem.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

On 4/27/2020 at 12:58 PM, nycdan said:

But do you pay a top-12 QB like a top-3 QB?  Teams often have to, but this one just feels different.  I could be wrong, but I just see the words 'elite above average' written under Dak's name.  If Jerry is paying him $35MM/year and KC is paying Mahomes $40MM/year, Jerry is getting ripped off badly.  I may be missing something with Dak, but I just don't think he's the kind of QB that carries the team on a bad day, which is exactly what they need to avoid more of those 12-10 (NO), 13-9 (NE) and 17-9 (PHI) losses this year.   

Basically, he feels like another Jimmy G. only JG is getting paid $27.5M/year and Dak wants a lot more.

Except FA and renewed contracts aren't based on a talent ranking order.  Theyre supply & demand along with timing.  A top of the heap QB signs for whatever figure and pretty soon lesser QBs are in the same neighborhood.  Theyre not easily replaceable and while DaK isnt Mahomes he close enough when you factor in replacements.  And I agree with 80, Cam is done and won't win you as many games as Dak. 

Based on all of that $30-$35 for Dak isnt getting ripped off because Mahomes is "only" making $5-$10 mil per more.  

Per Berman’s sources, Philadelphia and Baltimore are among the teams expressing interest in Clowney’s services (Twitter link). Of course, the degree of their interest is unclear, and it’s possible that those clubs are simply keeping tabs on Clowney in case he falls into a certain price range or in case something should happen to one of their other pass rushers.