Post Draft PRO FA

18 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

There's no penalty for not signing a tender; that's not a hold out because you aren't under contract

He is this year.  And he will be the following year under the 5th year option.  New CBA gives him $11M.  Same as franchise tag.  So he loses big money on passing on a fair offer..

I assume your talking about the franchise tag.  Yeah, I guess he could go the Bell route and sit out a year.  That would be very stupid on his part.  IMO no one is going to pay him more then the Jets will offer after a year sitting out.,  He'll lose BIG money on that, which will never be recovered.

If he's self destructive that's a good plan.  If he's smart, he'll take the $13-15M that I think Joe is going to offer.  Jets are holding all the cards here.

It's interesting that the Jets excerised the option early before they have even talked to him.  Just have a feeling that it's a warning shot that they won't be paying him crazy money.

Don't get me wrong I think Adams is a very good S, and deserves to be paid as such.  But there is no way I'm paying him elite QB or edge rusher money as a SS.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Bottom line, the Jets have terrific leverage to sign Jamal to a reasonable extension so long as they include significant guarantees

insert evil laugh!!

Wonder Woman Charge GIF by DC Comics

19 hours ago, flgreen said:

If he's self destructive that's a good plan.  If he's smart, he'll take the $13-15M that I think Joe is going to offer.  Jets are holding all the cards here.

It's interesting that the Jets excerised the option early before they have even talked to him.  Just have a feeling that it's a warning shot that they won't be paying him crazy money.

Don't get me wrong I think Adams is a very good S, and deserves to be paid as such.  But there is no way I'm paying him elite QB or edge rusher money as a SS.

especially the 2nd bolded part.

5 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

It didn’t take long for D.J. Fluker to find a new home. NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport reports (via Twitter) that the veteran offensive lineman has signed with the Ravens. The deal is pending a physical.

And Winters is stuck to my boot bottom like a frozen turd... goddamit!!

Britains Got Talent Reaction GIF by Top Talent

On 4/27/2020 at 2:26 PM, nycdan said:

It's a weird need to find a player to hate on.  It didn't work with Adams so I guess we're moving on to Maye?  Ever since the banner helped get Idzik fired, some Jet fans feel empowered to create change by sheer force of will.

JD's will is stronger then fan desire to dictate who stays, who goes.  He will consider fan's hate as useless background noise.  And do what he knows what's right for the NYJ.  

JD is a legit GM.  Fans may not like some of his decisions. Like...for example...those last five picks. If a fan is like..."why that guy and not another WR?"  Well...all of those five picks were captains of their football teams.  He picked them  not only because they're good players that can fill holes.  But also because they're of good character and leader types.  An important need for that locker room. 

JD wants to turn around the talent level...culture and the W-L record.  And he's going to do it his way...with his guys.   And fans aren't going to tell JD who his guys should be.        

• Upvote 2

The Seahawks did some shuffling on their offensive line the past couple days, releasing veteran interior linemen D.J. Fluker and Justin Britt. Turns out, Britt was released with a failed physical designation, Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle tweets. It’s not shocking considering Britt’s 2019 season ended back in October with a torn ACL.

12 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

The draft came and went, and the Bengals were unable to find any takers for Andy Dalton. They’ve been trying to trade their former starting quarterback for a while, and Paul Dehner Jr. of The Athletic thinks they will end up releasing him shortly after failing to unload him over the weekend.

Dalton will probably be a big domino in the "race" to pick up backup QB's.  Once he goes somewhere we might see Cam and Flacco sign and then so on.  

Or perhaps some of these QB's will wait until the season to see what happens.  Better to get picked up by a team with an injured starter than any other scenario.  Problem is you're betting on being the top option on the market if/when an injury happens.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Dalton will probably be a big domino in the "race" to pick up backup QB's.  Once he goes somewhere we might see Cam and Flacco sign and then so on.  

Or perhaps some of these QB's will wait until the season to see what happens.  Better to get picked up by a team with an injured starter than any other scenario.  Problem is you're betting on being the top option on the market if/when an injury happens.

Hope that ginger Irish f*ck stays away from the Pats. Turns into Joe Montana when he plays the Jets. Every time. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Hope that ginger Irish f*ck stays away from the Pats. Turns into Joe Montana when he plays the Jets. Every time. 

Would Dalton really want to go play for a ball buster like belicheat who has no loyalty to players (see TB12) and drafts like Chit??

If I were him I'd sign with Panthers, Miami, SF, LV or some other team that has questionable starter ahead of you.

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Would Dalton really want to go play for a ball buster like belicheat who has no loyalty to players (see TB12) and drafts like Chit??

If I were him I'd sign with Panthers, Miami, SF, LV or some other team that has questionable starter ahead of you.

If I was a QB like Dalton, I'd be wary of that plus the fact that Bill doesnt' have on the roster, nor has he found/drafted any decent wide receivers in a decade - and seems to undervalue them.

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Belichick has also made quite a few bad QB's look good, due mostly to cheating.