With the draft behind us, would you give up a 2021 1st for Ngakoue?

Pass rusher is now the biggest need on the roster and adding Ngakoue could make the Jets a top 5 defense.  That, in turn, could make them a 9-10 win team, meaning the Jets first rounder in 2021 would be quite a bit lower than 2020's 1st.
Yay or nay?

Nope. I would consider a 2nd though. But only consider.

It’s more about the contract he wants for me. I’d rather keep the first and just grab one there. I’m hoping the jets stay away from being the team that gives picks away for players. I want that reversed

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1

On 5/21/2020 at 2:32 PM, AFJF said:

Pass rusher is now the biggest need on the roster and adding Ngakoue could make the Jets a top 5 defense.  That, in turn, could make them a 9-10 win team, meaning the Jets first rounder in 2021 would be quite a bit lower than 2020's 1st.

Yay or nay?

NFW

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Nope. I would consider a 2nd though. But only consider.

It’s more about the contract he wants for me. I’d rather keep the first and just grab one there. I’m hoping the jets stay away from being the team that gives picks away for players. I want that reversed

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Youd consider a second but no way to a mid first rounder.   I dont disagree.

I think its interesting how little we would pay for another teams disgruntled player at arguably a more critical position, yet how much draft capital we expect for Adams.

• Post of the Week 1

On 5/21/2020 at 2:32 PM, AFJF said:

Yay or nay?

Shark Tank Lol GIF by ABC Network

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Youd consider a second but no way to a mid first rounder.   I dont disagree.

I think its interesting how little we would pay for another teams disgruntled player at arguably a more critical position, yet how much draft capital we expect for Adams.

That would be true if I was on the side of believing in any of the Jamal Adams draft dreams that were floating around. I don't want to trade Jamal nor do I think we're ever going to get that haul people think ids gonna happen. I get the point though. 

I love Yannick as the player but giving up a 1st to pay him $20 mil per is a decision for teams who are one player away and have the money.  That;s not us.   We make that trade and it sets us back big time imo.