Impressive Fatukasi/McLendon stat from PFF

17 hours ago, JTJet said:

But some on here would have you believe Baby Q was the one making an impact. 

I wasn't crazy about taking him at #3 overall, but give "baby Q" a chance. 

If he comes into camp in much better shape, he can still be a player. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, EM31 said:

Our recent history is replete with generally underperforming high draft picks on the DL coupled with example after example of lowly drafted, undrafted or cheap FA acquisitions who have come in and performed unbelievably well.  It certainly is an odd phenomenon especially since the finding of these rough diamonds has spanned multiple different front offices.

It is one of the few things we seem to be really good at.

The franchise also did a great job of establishing a pipeline at Center that spanned for decades, starting before the merger:

• John Schmitt (1967-1973)
  • Wayne Mulligan (1974-75)
  • Joe Fields (1976-1986)
  • Guy Bingham (1986-87)
  • Jim Sweeney (1988-1994)
  • Kevin Mawae (1996-2005)
  • Nick Mangold (2006-2016)

But then Idzik and Maccagnan came along and f**ked it all up.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Q was a nice injection of speed up the middle. He's easily the fastest of our interior lineman, and we have several good ones.

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I have hope for sure, but call me biased due to how Leo played out. Feels like the same thing all over again. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

I have hope for sure, but call me biased due to how Leo played out. Feels like the same thing all over again. 

To be fair, Leo wasn't as athletic as Quinnen was coming out of school.  And athleticism is what matters most when separating the run-stuffing DT's from potential pass-rushing DT's. 

leonard-williams-ras-12054.png?w=1100&ss

quinnen-williams-ras-19776.png?w=1100&ss

Both were still bad picks, however.  Especially the QW pick, since there were rather obvious alternative moves to be made.  We should have either traded down, even if he had to accept 75 cents on the dollar for pick # 3, or just take Josh Allen in that spot.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

20 hours ago, Vader said:

The intent isn’t just to attack another player but note it targets “some” who made claims about the other player. 

It’s a framing mechanism that creates viewpoint tribalism and camps in opposition. 

The intent is to isolate and target opposing perspectives and those who hold them.

Here it comes: the Q defenders v “the science”

Hehe

Wait, what?

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

To be fair, Leo wasn't as athletic as Quinnen was coming out of school.  And athleticism is what matters most when separating the run-stuffing DT's from potential pass-rushing DT's. 

leonard-williams-ras-12054.png?w=1100&ss

quinnen-williams-ras-19776.png?w=1100&ss

Both were still bad picks, however.  Especially the QW pick, since there were rather obvious alternative moves to be made.  We should have either traded down, even if he had to accept 75 cents on the dollar for pick # 3, or just take Josh Allen in that spot.

We know that Leo was a bad pick, but a lot of people here loved him right up to the end. He was given a chance to prove himself and Quinnen should be afforded the same. He showed some bright spots last season and hopefully he improves dramatically this year. Lets see what happens? Hopefully he turns into a good pick.

• Upvote 1

On 5/29/2020 at 10:58 PM, GaryM said:

We know that Leo was a bad pick, but a lot of people here loved him right up to the end. He was given a chance to prove himself and Quinnen should be afforded the same. He showed some bright spots last season and hopefully he improves dramatically this year. Lets see what happens? Hopefully he turns into a good pick.

Yeah, I think QW gets a lot of extra **** because he was Mac's pick. Seems like a genuinely good kid, and he's still got a ton of potential. I can't help but root for him, even if he was my third choice that year behind Oliver and Allen. 

• Upvote 2