Impressive Fatukasi/McLendon stat from PFF

45 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

who would these people be??

I dont recall ANYONE saying that

There were plenty, I remember the arguments vividly, just not the names. Im sure they can be dug up in any Q William's thread.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I don’t recall anyone making this argument, but way to derail the thread with the first reply!

Thumbs Reaction GIF

It is a very relevant observation in relation to our interior dline strat over the last decade.  Illustrating to even the dumbest that you do not use high picks or big draft capital on Dts unless they are pure monster pass rushers.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Classic JetNation thread, someone posts good news, but instead of congratulating the players, the info is used to bash another player.  Class Muther-Lovin' JetNation

It’s not some random issue.  This team has put a ridiculous amount of resources into the interior defensive line - and all of those high level picks aren’t having an impact near the level of these other guys.

I would say every Jet fan is excited about the production of Futukasi and McClendon But are simply frustrated by the wasted capital on the other schlubs.  

So I say great news about those two - bad news about #3 overall being another relative bust.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Classic JetNation thread, someone posts good news, but instead of congratulating the players, the info is used to bash another player.  Class Muther-Lovin' JetNation

Yeah.  It's as predictable as Henny Youngman hanging onto a rubber chicken and yelling "Take my wife... Please!"  At this point.  Maybe not cliched though.

• Upvote 2

Except for Sam - which was like hitting the lotto - our GM's have drafted non-impact positions while Jags' like Fatukasi and McLendon  can put up good stat's. I still have high hopes for QW but an edge should have been the pick.

2011 30 Muhammad Wilkerson DL Temple University 8* 7 [35]
2012 16 Quinton Coples DE North Carolina 4 4  
2013 9 Dee Milliner CB Alabama 3 3  
13 Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri 7* 4  
2014 18 Calvin Pryor S Louisville 4 3  
2015 6 Leonard Williams DT USC 5* 5  
2016 20 Darron Lee LB Ohio State 4* 3  
2017 6 Jamal Adams S LSU 3* 3* [36]
2018 3 Sam Darnold QB USC 2* 2*  
2019 3 Quinnen Williams DT Alabama 1* 1*

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It is a very relevant observation in relation to our interior dline strat over the last decade.  Illustrating to even the dumbest that you do not use high picks or big draft capital on Dts unless they are pure monster pass rushers.

Eh, that’s a stretch. Think you saying it here is relevant. I dint think that’s what he said. I think you’re inferring it.

I agree with you. He just trolling. Plus nobody is praising Q. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

The intent isn’t just to attack another player but note it targets “some” who made claims about the other player. 

It’s a framing mechanism that creates viewpoint tribalism and camps in opposition. 

The intent is to isolate and target opposing perspectives and those who hold them.

Here it comes: the Q defenders v “the science”

Hehe

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Eh, that’s a stretch. Think you saying it here is relevant. I dint think that’s what he said. I think you’re inferring it.

I agree with you. He just trolling. Plus nobody is praising Q. 

Not trolling. I never do.

@Beerfishis 100% correct as is @FidelioJet

Theres no rule on here anywhere that says I cant use a thread talking about 2 DTs on our team to highlight another DTs shortcomings. Far less of a travesty than every thread turning into a Jamal thread.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Vader said:

The intent isn’t just to attack another player but note it targets “some” who made claims about the other player. 

It’s a framing mechanism that creates viewpoint tribalism and camps in opposition. 

The intent is to isolate and target opposing perspectives and those who hold them.

Here it comes: the Q defenders v “the science”

Hehe

Take you psychobabble home and accept that not everyone thinks the same. 

It's an internet forum. Deal. 

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

So what you're saying is, instead of upvotes and downvotes, hearts, and buttfumbles, you just want there to be a blowjob button so we can all just line up and not debate and poke fun? 

Got it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

13 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Take you psychobabble home and accept that not everyone thinks the same. 

It's an internet forum. Deal. 

Yup. Package Adams and that turd Q Williams (and their supporters) for a 1 and 3 in 2021 and call it a day.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I think it's a reasonable conclusion to draw.....not 100% guaranteed to be the correct take on Q but it is food for thought.

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

Not trolling. I never do.

@Beerfishis 100% correct as is @FidelioJet

Theres no rule on here anywhere that says I cant use a thread talking about 2 DTs on our team to highlight another DTs shortcomings. Far less of a travesty than every thread turning into a Jamal thread.

Chicken Omg GIF by reactionseditor

guys... 

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

You want your skin dick in a rubber cock? That’s a first. 

The tension in your posting suddenly makes a lot of sense.

Good day sir.

Just something about a gaping hole..

Our recent history is replete with generally underperforming high draft picks on the DL coupled with example after example of lowly drafted, undrafted or cheap FA acquisitions who have come in and performed unbelievably well.  It certainly is an odd phenomenon especially since the finding of these rough diamonds has spanned multiple different front offices.

It is one of the few things we seem to be really good at.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

people do have the right to be upset with qwill's production thus far.  but injuries do happen and players do have trouble adapting to the nfl, even ones picked 3rd.  also qwill is a young player and was drafted after his junior season.  during the year he made some nice plays and showed ability to open up the oline.  there is every reason to think he'll be very good in the middle of the line.

and for people who think he's a bust, myles garrett didn't do much in his first season and that guy is a heck of an edge rusher.

• Upvote 1